YoungWillz

Liz Truss

10 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

One year ago today: 

301586432_10160559147733708_536523878863

Add a comma after the word 'you' for accuracy.

1 minute ago, TQR said:

Add a comma after the word 'you' for accuracy.

Maybe she was using the singular 'you'.

• Like 2

Politico's poll of polls gives a year to a view, so we're in the final days when we can savour again that plummet in the polls as Truss took charge. No wonder she's starting to emerge and argue her Trussonomics again. 

Poll here: https://www.politico.eu/europe-poll-of-polls/united-kingdom/

• Like 1

1485012031_Screenshot2023-09-25at09_49_14.thumb.png.4a063f6b29bddfb2dd641c5eeb377af5.png

23 minutes ago, TQR said:

1485012031_Screenshot2023-09-25at09_49_14.thumb.png.4a063f6b29bddfb2dd641c5eeb377af5.png

On 27/10/2020 at 11:23, TQR said:

A healthy man in his 50s has his own thread now because knocked down a cyclist. Okay then.

At least try and be consistent, Quim.

22 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

At least try and be consistent, Quim.

He knocked down a cyclist. The shower of shite you love so much knocked down an entire country and will soon face their (unfortunately only) political death. How Deathlisty is that?

15 minutes ago, TQR said:

He knocked down a cyclist. The shower of shite you love so much knocked down an entire country and will soon face their (unfortunately only) political death. How Deathlisty is that?

If you use the search function, you'll find that I've only ever slated Truss. Used to work with her. Don't have a single nice thing to say about her.

Try again.

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

If you use the search function, you'll find that I've only ever slated Truss. Used to work with her. Don't have a single nice thing to say about her.

Try again.

Just one drop of the shite shower. She just happens to be one of the big drops that alerted us to the fact that it's raining shite.

"Try again." :lol:

• Like 1

Keir Starmer, Liz Truss, Rishi Sunak, Ed Miliband etc. shouldn't have their own threads. They're not old, no real outstanding health issues. Any conversation around them is off topic. In fact, there's a good chance a couple of them will outlive a lot of the current users on here.

Theresa May has serious diabetes, Boris Johnson is obese and nearly died from COVID, and Jeremy Corbyn is old and survived a stroke that was hushed up a few years back. They all deserve threads.

(Will this topic go 'Hot'? :lol:)

Hmm...when you're in as high profile an office as that (which doesn't yet include Starmer and I didn't even think Ed Miliband had one?) there are occupational hazards. And besides, there's a lot of conversation to be had; certainly more than for an obscure 99yo cancer patient, where the thread goes intro; couple of people asking who they are; OP trying to justify thread; link to obit.

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Keir Starmer, Liz Truss, Rishi Sunak, Ed Miliband etc. shouldn't have their own threads. They're not old, no real outstanding health issues. Any conversation around them is off topic. In fact, there's a good chance a couple of them will outlive a lot of the current users on here.

Theresa May has serious diabetes, Boris Johnson is obese and nearly died from COVID, and Jeremy Corbyn is old and survived a stroke that was hushed up a few years back. They all deserve threads.

Corbyn's stroke was a rumoured mini-stroke, in other words allegedly a transient ischemic attack, and said rumours were conspicuously close to the run up to the 2019 election. Given the fear in Tory ranks after Corbyn denied May an outright majority and the tonnage of Labour types who piled in denying it, I've always assumed it was dirty tricks. 

Did it really happen?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Corbyn's stroke was a rumoured mini-stroke, in other words allegedly a transient ischemic attack, and said rumours were conspicuously close to the run up to the 2019 election. Given the fear in Tory ranks after Corbyn denied May an outright majority and the tonnage of Labour types who piled in denying it, I've always assumed it was dirty tricks. 

Did it really happen?

Much like when Big Job was supposedly on his deathbed with the ‘vid, then suddenly he’s right as rain again, playing hero. That was all a load of pony, too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TQR said:

She just happens to be one of the big drops that alerted us to the fact that it's raining shite.

I think most of us were aware of that long before Mrs Lettuce came to prominence.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Did it really happen?

A Labour MP (who was quite close to him) told me it did.

Did the media pick up on it? I thought it was just spoken of on social media. In any case, he's in his 70s. I think he merits his own thread.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TQR said:

Much like when Big Job was supposedly on his deathbed with the ‘vid, then suddenly he’s right as rain again, playing hero. That was all a load of pony, too.

That was definitely not a "load of pony". I know his siblings and several of his ex staffers. There were genuine fears he was going to croak it at one point. His weight loss after that period is pretty evident of the fact that he was ill (granted, he now seems to have put it back on).

• Like 1

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

That was definitely not a "load of pony". I know his siblings and several of his ex staffers. There were genuine fears he was going to croak it at one point. His weight loss after that period is pretty evident of the fact that he was ill (granted, he now seems to have put it back on).

And how do I know that’s not a load of pony? :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

And how do I know that’s not a load of pony? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LOL there’s actually a 26k* strong petition to stop Liz Truss going on I’m A Celebrity, should there be a shred of truth in those absurd rumours :lol:

I hope she does fucking go in. Present the fucker with a pig’s fanny to scran and see how she likes those pork markets. The only risk is that she’d tank the dingo dollar.

*38k 4 hours later

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

LOL there’s actually a 26k strong petition to stop Liz Truss going on I’m A Celebrity, should there be a shred of truth in those absurd rumours :lol:

I hope she does fucking go in. Present the fucker with a pig’s fanny to scran and see how she likes those pork markets. The only risk is that she’d tank the dingo dollar.

I’d rather they don’t let her go on. Hancock became more popular after he went on, which is disappointing given he has so much still to answer for from the pandemic. Also we need to stop making politicians celebrities.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I’d rather they don’t let her go on. Hancock became more popular after he went on, which is disappointing given he has so much still to answer for from the pandemic. Also we need to stop making politicians celebrities.

Hat Mancock's popularity spike (and that's only based on him lasting a while in there) was very, very brief. In that sense it hasn't worked as well as he'd have hoped, though the greedy cunt probably didn't care much as he laughed his way to the bank with the 300-odd grand he initially said was for charity.

Truss in the jungle won't happen. ITV would get so much shit for that. After inflicting such harm on the country, she shouldn't be allowed to show her little gremlin face again. But if she were to appear in the jungle, there'd at least be a couple of plus points, in that a) she'd be eating balls rather than her usual talking it, and b) Tories would fucking wither and die with embarrassment.

21 minutes ago, TQR said:

Hat Mancock's popularity spike (and that's only based on him lasting a while in there) was very, very brief. In that sense it hasn't worked as well as he'd have hoped, though the greedy cunt probably didn't care much as he laughed his way to the bank with the 300-odd grand he initially said was for charity.

Truss in the jungle won't happen. ITV would get so much shit for that. After inflicting such harm on the country, she shouldn't be allowed to show her little gremlin face again. But if she were to appear in the jungle, there'd at least be a couple of plus points, in that a) she'd be eating balls rather than her usual talking it, and b) Tories would fucking wither and die with embarrassment.

A third plus point being Bojo wouldn't be able to stand it without his "people" getting onto the show to land him in the next series for more money than Truss got. 

For any young 'uns looking in, this mob were elected to government less than four years ago with a thumping majority. By contrast Time Magazines Person of the Year last year was the current president of Ukraine, a man elected to the job partly as a protest vote against the uselessness of that country's political class. His previous qualifications for the job included working as an actor and playing a Prime Minister in a television series!

• Like 1

Oh aye and "ITV would get so much shit for that..." a fair point, but they'd get coverage, ratings and adverising sales and the whole defence of that show is that the contestants choose to be there. 

S'cuse the cynicism but...if they thought they could get Prince Harry and Maxine Carr in there, there'd be someone in the production team meeting arguing why that was a good idea!

Surely she won’t go in as she still wants to be important and influential. Hancock has had no influence since he went on. 

• Like 1