Windsor

Larry the Cat

With all the lodgers coming and going through Downing Street lately we often forget the chief resident is getting on a bit.

Larry, Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office, turns 16 in January. According to one calculator this is equivalent to turning 80 in human years.

He has seen 4 Prime Ministers (Cameron, May, Johnson, Truss) but how many more will he see before he departs?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Well it looks like he will see Sunak. Might make Starmer if Labour win the next election but I have a feeling Sunak could win that. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Windsor said:

Larry, Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office, turns 16 in January. According to one calculator this is equivalent to turning 80 in human years.

I'm not sure how long cats usually live but Larry seems to be doing fine for 15. Ran after a fox a few weeks ago. Of course there are the risks of being for example run over by a car in Larry's case. Had a rescue cat (indoors) who died a couple of years ago , lived to around 20 despite heart failure, mild obesity, arthritis etc. He died in his sleep in a veterinary ICU after a few-hour stay, possibly pneumonia, brought him there as he'd been having some mild trouble breathing for a day . Silent painful killer with cats seems to be cancer, I've known lots of people who've had cats and dogs who've had to be euthanized shortly after being diagnosed with advanced cancer not noticed before as animals can hide their pain quite well.

• Like 1

Considering my cat lasted until he was 23 I think Larry has a long way to go.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Well it looks like he will see Sunak. Might make Starmer if Labour win the next election but I have a feeling Sunak could win that. 

You haven’t been paying attention.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TQR said:

You haven’t been paying attention.

I have. I think Sunak will be Pm this week as Boris will withdraw.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

I support King Charles in this decision. Long Live the King and Larry the Cat.

• Like 2