TQR

Kill or Save: UK No.2 Hits of the 70s

Thank you @TQR Well done! :clap:

I think that's a very solid top 5 and Somebody to love a well deserved winner!

All in all, the No.2 hits of the 70s didn't inspire as much as I thought, so I'm now hoping for greater hit potential in the 80s.

• Like 3

That worked out better than I thought it would a few days ago, but I'd have had Rocket Man over STL. The other 3 went I the order I hoped, though. Onto the 80s!

• Like 2

I like the symmetry of both 70s games having an outer space song end up at second place.

• Like 4

I would have been happy with either of the last two.  Rocket Man of course has had a resurgence with the Sacrifice mash-up.

Three of the last four were in my top 6 wheras dear old Reg was down at No.23 of the final group for me (and saying that I don't hate it just shows how strong the final 25 was)

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, Toast said:

I would have been happy with either of the last two.  Rocket Man of course has had a resurgence with the Sacrifice mash-up.

I have to say, I love both those songs, Elton, Dua Lipa and I'm even partial to 2020s pop, and yet that mashup gets on my wick. Don't know why.

• Like 1

One of my top two won it so that's a damn good result if you ask me! Thanks for this game (and the next!)

• Like 1

I'd have had Killer Queen or Rocket Man as the winner, but the top five are all pretty damned good so I'll happily bow to the consensus.

• Like 5

I don't know if that would have made my top 10 of number 2's of the decade; it certainly wouldn't have made my top 10 of Queen tunes!