Sign in to follow this  
millwall32

I'm going to see Jerry Sadowitz...

I'm seeing JS at the Kentish Town forum tonight.

I'll look out for any signs of poor health in the great man and report them back here if I see them.

Do Deathlisters have any other thoughts on Jerry Sadowitz?

(It strikes me that a forum like this might be a big part of his target audience.)

• Facepalm 7

Yeah, well I've been a fan of Jerry longer than I've been on here. 

Seriously, the gist of me seeing him live is that I keep thinking what he does is highly offensive, but I'm too busy laughing to give a shit. Not for the faint hearted, if you wrote his act down and read it out in a public place it's arrestable. But I've seen others so offended the walked out on him. 

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

But I've seen others so offended the walked out on him.

I've never understood this type of behaviour. What exactly were they expecting?

It's not as if you could go in thinking you were seeing something as anodyne as a Peter Kay routine on dunking your biscuits or Michael McIntyre on anything.

Absolutely fine with ‘offensive’ comedy, and smaller, non-recorded stand-up gigs being a safe space to spit out way-past-the-line routines. My problem with Sadowitz is that he doesn’t make me laugh all that much.

Anyway, is he actually ill or is this thread just more bin fodder?

4 minutes ago, TQR said:

Would have been better posted in this thread after the event.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Toast said:

Would have been better posted in this thread after the event.

You may be right BHB. For now, I'll try and keep what I post in this thread after tonight strictly on the subject of whether or not he looks ill.

20 minutes ago, TQR said:

Absolutely fine with ‘offensive’ comedy, and smaller, non-recorded stand-up gigs being a safe space to spit out way-past-the-line routines. My problem with Sadowitz is that he doesn’t make me laugh all that much.

See above, I'll try and keep largely to whether or not he seems ill tonight and we can go from there.

[Crosses fingers and hope that he goes to see JS and there is a slight sign of heavy breathing or glassy eyes or that he's seen talking to his doctor outside Kentish Town Station before the gig.]

42 minutes ago, millwall32 said:

You may be right BHB. For now, I'll try and keep what I post in this thread after tonight strictly on the subject of whether or not he looks ill.

BHB is rumoured to be long dead, irl as well as his DL self. But if you happen to see him tonight, say hello. 

Sadowitz may not be ill or old, but there’ll likely be news stories of interest relating to him in these cancel-culture times that we can all argue about. So, please don’t lock it, says I.

Take the points above

I'm thinking in dead pooling terms the man's as sick as fuck but there's no evidence he's ill!

Maybe just amend the title to "Jerry Sadowitz" then.   That would keep it current.

Saw him last Friday, he complained about going blind and deaf but didn’t seem to be anything wrong with him. Had the same Dickensian look as the previous 4 times I’ve seen him 

3 hours ago, JR976evil said:

Saw him last Friday, he complained about going blind and deaf but didn’t seem to be anything wrong with him. Had the same Dickensian look as the previous 4 times I’ve seen him 

That would be my assessment of his health after tonight as well.

Bags of energy though.....so possible heart problems??

• Facepalm 1

On 21/03/2024 at 07:31, millwall32 said:

I'm seeing JS at the Kentish Town forum tonight.

I'll look out for any signs of poor health in the great man and report them back here if I see them.

Well?

23 hours ago, Toast said:

Maybe just amend the title to "Jerry Sadowitz" then.   That would keep it current.

I'd agree with that and will change it as long as @millwall32 agrees.