11 hours ago, The Old Crem said:
11 hours ago, TQR said:

1737138860_Image1.jpeg.16db2a50175bf27756e79e8f1c5f8720.jpeg

I must be thick as I don’t get it at all? 

Most of you on here (inc TQR, no idea how old you are) are far too young to remember this, but back in the 60s there was a kids' TV programme called Trumpton. The roll call for the local fire brigade was (from memory) Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb. 

Marchand and Matheny are both one syllable out, but otherwise it scans identically.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Most of you on here (inc TQR, no idea how old you are) are far too young to remember this, but back in the 60s there was a kids' TV programme called Trumpton. The roll call for the local fire brigade was (from memory) Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb. 

Marchand and Matheny are both one syllable out, but otherwise it scans identically.

I remember watching Trumpton despite not being alive when it first aired. An absolute classic.

• Like 2

Fuuuuuck! Just shy of another gold in the Fucking Rowing, pipped by the Fucking Sinkovićs of Croatia.

• Like 1

'nother Fucking Bronze courtesy of Laugher and Harding, that's 4/4 medals for both GB and China so far in the Fucking Diving!

Normally China piss off with it but it was mighty close between us, them and Mexico.

• Like 1

Fucking Bronze in the Fucking Diving after a Fucking incredible final dive. Unfortunately, the Chinese and Mexicans also did Fucking incredible final dives, so we couldn't move up. We've forgotten how to win at the moment!

• Like 1

Silver in the fucking rowing after the Croatians fucking catch us in the last 100m

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Silver in the fucking rowing after the Croatians fucking catch us in the last 100m

45 minutes ago, TQR said:

Fuuuuuck! Just shy of another gold in the Fucking Rowing, pipped by the Fucking Sinkovićs of Croatia.

Yes, we already know. Thanks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Yes, we already know. Thanks.

Pops I have finally put TQR on ignore so I missed it. 

• Haha 1

Emily Fucking Craig and Imogen Fucking Grant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

The reason for the discrepancy is amateur boxing is mainly organised through the IBA, a Russian-backed organisation. Obviously, recent events have made that untenable, and also dubious judging decisions are rife. There is a new organisation called World Boxing to which the USA, UK and various others have signed up which is hoping to replace the IBA, but could not do so in time for Paris. The Olympic boxing competition is being organised directly by the IOC, and, by their rules, she is compliant, so can take part. The governance issue is part of the reason why boxing is due to leave the Olympic program for 2028. Again, not getting into the nuances of the case, just explaining why she's allowed to compete in some places and not in others.

• Sad 1

Fucking Gold in the final ever Fucking Lightweight Rowing event. 

Ok, so first I'll point out that you have posted the above in response to my explanation of the reason she has been allowed to compete in the Olympics, where I made no judgement on whether that decision had merit or not, so I don't know what you're trying to say.

But to address Nicola Adams's statement, I do not disagree with her assessment that transgender women who have been through male puberty should probably not be able to compete against biological women as they have an unfair advantage. But even if we accept that point, that distinction is not relevant here. And I've checked, just to be sure. She was banned from the IBA final because her DNA showed XY chromosomes. The IBA have refused to release any evidence of this. This week, the IBA have backtracked, stating she did not undergo testosterone examinations but instead undertook a separate recognised test that identified she had advantages over biological female competitors - again, the results of this will not be released for privacy. https://web.archive.org/web/20240731211632/https://www.iba.sport/news/statement-made-by-the-international-boxing-association-regarding-athletes-disqualifications-in-world-boxing-championships-2023/

There is so much misinformation doing the rounds about this that it is impossible to have a reasonable, rational debate. This is not a new issue. Khelif fought 3 years ago in Tokyo. She lost in the quarter finals to an Irish girl and there were no complaints. It's only since she started doing well that she's now not allowed to compete, and it may well be that more comes out, but unless those pushing the story provide some evidence to back up their claims, then we'll get nowhere. I repeat, there is, as yet, no evidence that Khelif is transgender, or biologically male. Just a load of noise and fury and misdirected anger. We don't trust any other information coming out of Russia without any evidence, so why are we trusting this on face value? Provide us with your evidence and we'll talk.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

Ok, so first I'll point out that you have posted the above in response to my explanation of the reason she has been allowed to compete in the Olympics, where I made no judgement on whether that decision had merit or not, so I don't know what you're trying to say.

But to address Nicola Adams's statement, I do not disagree with her assessment that transgender women who have been through male puberty should probably not be able to compete against biological women as they have an unfair advantage. But even if we accept that point, that distinction is not relevant here. And I've checked, just to be sure. She was banned from the IBA final because her DNA showed XY chromosomes. The IBA have refused to release any evidence of this. This week, the IBA have backtracked, stating she did not undergo testosterone examinations but instead undertook a separate recognised test that identified she had advantages over biological female competitors - again, the results of this will not be released for privacy. https://web.archive.org/web/20240731211632/https://www.iba.sport/news/statement-made-by-the-international-boxing-association-regarding-athletes-disqualifications-in-world-boxing-championships-2023/

There is so much misinformation doing the rounds about this that it is impossible to have a reasonable, rational debate. This is not a new issue. Khelif fought 3 years ago in Tokyo. She lost in the quarter finals to an Irish girl and there were no complaints. It's only since she started doing well that she's now not allowed to compete, and it may well be that more comes out, but unless those pushing the story provide some evidence to back up their claims, then we'll get nowhere. I repeat, there is, as yet, no evidence that Khelif is transgender, or biologically male. Just a load of noise and fury and misdirected anger. We don't trust any other information coming out of Russia without any evidence, so why are we trusting this on face value? Provide us with your evidence and we'll talk.

The chances of being transgender are very slim with Algeria’s laws. 

Just now, The Old Crem said:

The chances of being transgender are very slim with Algeria’s laws. 

What are you even fucking arguing about then?! You've posted Nicola Adams saying people not born biological women who have gone through male puberty shouldn't be allowed to compete and then in the next breath you say the chances of her being transgender are virtually zero as Algeria don't allow it! Make your fucking mind up! Is she a male or a female with naturally raised testosterone levels? Or are you claiming she's a biological male posing as a female or a hermaphrodite? I don't think even you know what you're arguing do you? Just that you're not happy about whatever perceived wrong you've identified.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

What are you even fucking arguing about then?! You've posted Nicola Adams saying people not born biological women who have gone through male puberty shouldn't be allowed to compete and then in the next breath you say the chances of her being transgender are virtually zero as Algeria don't allow it! Make your fucking mind up! Is she a male or a female with naturally raised testosterone levels? Or are you claiming she's a biological male posing as a female or a hermaphrodite? I don't think even you know what you're arguing do you? Just that you're not happy about whatever perceived wrong you've identified.

I was posting it to show what she said rather than agreeing with eveything she said. I applogise, 

(Through some DSD women do go through a form of male puberty without being trans.)

The Telegraph have just found a new and unusual angle - blaming Keir Starmer because his best man is involved in international boxing. 

• Like 1

Ugh. One more try.

• Imane Khelif was assigned female at birth, went through puberty as a female, has always been female and there is nothing to say anything different - in fact, if there was any kind of confusion on this, she’d have been imprisoned in her native Algeria a long time ago. Women can sometimes naturally produce excessive testosterone. To claim anything different is to demonstrate complete biological ignorance at best.
  • An athlete who raped a 12yo girl competed for the Netherlands in the Olympics and people like that woman who sometimes identifies as Robert Galbraith, who say they’re all about protecting women, was silent about that, but Imane Khelif gets them onto that bandwagon of poisonous rhetoric. Didn’t take the transphobes long to start attacking cisgender women for not meeting their arbitrary criteria on what is womanly, did it?
  • People saying about Imane Khelif’s ‘genetic advantage’ aren’t considering the blatantly fucking obvious - that people just aren’t genetically the same, and those with natural ‘advantages’ do tend to compete at the top of their sports. Mo Farah has a massive genetic advantage against me in distance running, what with me being 5’10” and about 80kg. Look at the ‘genetic advantage’ of that 7’3” French basketballist - is this not too much of an advantage to make the game 'fair'?
  • When she lost in the Quarter Finals in Tokyo to Ireland’s Kellie Harrington, nobody accused her of being a man. Neither did anyone do that in the 8 other losses she has faced in other Championships, including in the 2022 World Championship Final against Amy Broadhurst. Speaking of whom:

1357569313_Image2.thumb.jpeg.d3820d4b8753f6dba9230fbec323b905.jpeg

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, TQR said:

Ugh. One more try.

• Imane Khelif was assigned female at birth, went through puberty as a female, has always been female and there is nothing to say anything different - in fact, if there was any kind of confusion on this, she’d have been imprisoned in her native Algeria a long time ago. Women can sometimes naturally produce excessive testosterone. To claim anything different is to demonstrate complete biological ignorance at best.
  • An athlete who raped a 12yo girl competed for the Netherlands in the Olympics and people like that woman who sometimes identifies as Robert Galbraith, who say they’re all about protecting women, was silent about that, but Imane Khelif gets them onto that bandwagon of poisonous rhetoric. Didn’t take the transphobes long to start attacking cisgender women for not meeting their arbitrary criteria on what is womanly, did it?
  • People saying about Imane Khelif’s ‘genetic advantage’ aren’t considering the blatantly fucking obvious - that people just aren’t genetically the same, and those with natural ‘advantages’ do tend to compete at the top of their sports. Mo Farah has a massive genetic advantage against me in distance running, what with me being 5’10” and about 80kg. Look at the ‘genetic advantage’ of that 7’3” French basketballist - is this not too much of an advantage to make the game 'fair'?
  • When she lost in the Quarter Finals in Tokyo to Ireland’s Kellie Harrington, nobody accused her of being a man. Neither did anyone do that in the 8 other losses she has faced in other Championships, including in the 2022 World Championship Final against Amy Broadhurst. Speaking of whom:

1357569313_Image2.thumb.jpeg.d3820d4b8753f6dba9230fbec323b905.jpeg

13 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

You're just posting different talking heads giving their opinion on the issue! You're not adding anything to the debate! Can we PLEASE get back to the fucking sport unless there's an actual relevant update?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trampoline final just starting, 

2 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

You're just posting different talking heads giving their opinion on the issue! You're not adding anything to the debate! Can we PLEASE get back to the fucking sport unless there's an actual relevant update?!

Has there ever been a relevant/trustable post from TOC in any topic? If he said it was raining I'd still look outside to check. 

• Like 2

Trampoline final just starting, 

One event where a poor start won't necessarily mean a loss.

- you can bounce back.

I'll get my coat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

Has there ever been a relevant/trustable post from TOC in any topic? If he said it was raining I'd still look outside to check. 

when I first read this thought it was The Olympic Committee (actually IOC) and you were talking about fucking Seb Coe which I thought was a bit fucking harsh.

• Haha 2

BRYONY FUCKING PAGE!!!! WHAT AN EPIC ROUTINE! ASBOLUTELY SMASHED IT! GOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!!

• Like 2

Gold Gold Gold in the fucking Trampolining. Historic victory.

• Like 1

Bryony Fucking Page! Awesome bit of Fucking Bouncing And Somersaulting Around!