In the dancing horse competition which to me is slightly ridiculous. Charlotte Fry looks like she's come second with a silver medal.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Have they? As far as I can see they've got as fat as the men, and if they were to get an unlikely win against the Dutch, then they'd have got themselves in the mix for yet another medal. The men haven't medalled since 1988. The World Number 2s should have had the composure to see that through before it got to the shoot-out. They didn't.

Perhaps that explains why they aren't doing so well.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

In the dancing horse competition which to me is slightly ridiculous. Charlotte Fry looks like she's come second with a silver medal.

Hold your horses (lol) - still 3 more to go. Nowhere near guaranteed a medal, let alone a silver yet. And it's a test of precision really, and control of your horse. Just don't ask how you got them to do those things... :unsure: (The other Charlotte learned her skills from someone...)

3 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

Perhaps that explains why they aren't doing so well.

My phone made an executive decision on what I wanted to say. Amended.

27 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Another Fucking bronze.

Anyone know what time Tennis men's singles is on and where? Will it be on the red button/iplayer? My parents are nagging me.

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Discovery online should have a dedicated golf stream, but I haven't checked out their coverage, so I've no idea - @En Passant might be able to give more info.

It does.

Though I believe @harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy was watching on tv Eurosport which only has the 2 channels as far as I know so watching uninterrupted might not be possible.

In fact, if I watch one of those via the web interface, it does have ads, I have to find the dedicated to that sport one that doesn't. So again (earlier discussions notwithstanding) might be worth the 4 quid.

30 minutes ago, En Passant said:

It does.

Though I believe @harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy was watching on tv Eurosport which only has the 2 channels as far as I know so watching uninterrupted might not be possible.

In fact, if I watch one of those via the web interface, it does have ads, I have to find the dedicated to that sport one that doesn't. So again (earlier discussions notwithstanding) might be worth the 4 quid.

Correct. I do have the cornucopia of Firestick-dodgy, but even on that, Disc+ needs a sign-in I can't use so I'm down two the two BBCs and two Eurosports. I don't crave Olympics enough to pay an extra penny :)

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Hold your horses (lol) - still 3 more to go. Nowhere near guaranteed a medal, let alone a silver yet. And it's a test of precision really, and control of your horse. Just don't ask how you got them to do those things... :unsure: (The other Charlotte learned her skills from someone...)

Yes, apart from being incredibly boring to watch, you have to wonder what those horses have been put through to achieve such a fucking pointless display.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Correct. I do have the cornucopia of Firestick-dodgy, but even on that, Disc+ needs a sign-in I can't use so I'm down two the two BBCs and two Eurosports. I don't crave Olympics enough to pay an extra penny :)

It does strike me as odd that I have a subscription through Sky to Discovery's various channels but apparently that doesn't give me access Discovery's online offerings. Am I already paying for it or not?

9 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Oh I used to be the same, and there's a very large part of me that rails against it still.

But in practice, even disregarding the number of channels, my time not watching or even avoiding (by tea or channel swapping or w/e) ads is worth 4 quid. Over the 2 weeks you'd end up watching an hour or more of ads I expect. So I suck up the cost whether I like it or not, I like the ads and lack of choice even less. Also I don't have eurosport tv, which I assume you are already paying for.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Yes, apart from being incredibly boring to watch, you have to wonder what those horses have been put through to achieve such a fucking pointless display.

Certainly after that recent expose. I have always been reasonably anti racing, and the Grand National specifically, but even I hadn't gone as far as to consider that riding horses at all might not be a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

I mean, I've always assumed that it took an immense amount of control and training to get the horses to do that. I'm not sure why everyone was so surprised when it turned out Dujardin was doing what she was doing. And who taught her that's how to train a horse? And if Lottie Fry, Isabelle Wurth and the other German girl can all get them to do that without resorting to what Dujardin was doing, why was Charlotte doing that unless she's not a very good dressage competitor or a horse sadist. Feels very much like she was nobbled before the competition began in all honesty (and I'm not condoning her methods there).

4 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Oh I used to be the same, and there's a very large part of me that rails against it still.

But in practice, even disregarding the number of channels, my time not watching or even avoiding (by tea or channel swapping or w/e) ads is worth 4 quid. Over the 2 weeks you'd end up watching an hour or more of ads I expect. So I suck up the cost whether I like it or not, I like the ads and lack of choice even less. Also I don't have eurosport tv, which I assume you are already paying for.

I get Eurosport free on a basic Sky subscription. For Sky Sports I  use the firestick. Sky must feel a bit left out during the Olympics, which is nice.

1 minute ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

I get Eurosport free on a basic Sky subscription

Ah well now, I refuse to pay for even that. In fairness I watch very little tv of any kind. And, cough, am not entirely averse to sourcing what i do want to watch, er, elsewhere. So I'm just as tight as you are really (why am I making a competition of this? :lol::lol:)

I’m going to pip you for the tightness gold if I can. I’m not sure I qualify being on UC, though.

If, as likely, you’ve ever watched a Grand Tour stage on ITV4, you’ll know that you just have to grin and bear the length and volume of ad breaks. Eurosport have fewer and can schedule them at more convenient times, but putting up with Carlton Kirby and Sean Kelly on commentary means I usually stick with ITV.

• Haha 1

I'm following the Men's Singles final on the BBC's Olympics Extra feed on my phone and the standard Alcaraz and Djokovic are producing is exceptional, especially from Alcaraz's side of the net. The amount of shots he's getting back is going to make it a long afternoon for Djokovic unless he can nick a break soon.

24 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Carlton Kirby

Oh I hear you....

3 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Fucking GB Men's Fucking Hockey Team have Fucking Fucked it. If you can't beat an opponent who's a man down for practically the entire match and 2 men down for 2 minutes in normal time then you don't deserve to win the shoot-out. And Ollie Payne is no Maddie Hinch.

It was a bit Gareth Southgate, wasn't it :facepalm:

Djokovic takes the first Fucking set on a Fucking tie-break - barely a gnat's cock between them.

• Like 1

Fucking TV coverage of Tennis is fucking lacking.

-Throws swear jar in the bin-

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Fucking TV coverage of Tennis is fucking lacking.

-Throws swear jar in the bin-

I could watch all of it, uninterrupted, no ads. But I don't like tennis - worlds like that.

Edit: I fucking forgot to swear again. Fuck it.

• Haha 1

Fucking shoot off for the Fucking gold medal in Fucking skeet shooting between Amber Rutter of GB and a Chilean shooter. Exciting!

• Like 2

Fucking silver for GB, because hitting the Fucking target doesn't appear to count.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1