7 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Fucking silver for GB, because hitting the Fucking target doesn't appear to count.

Makes me wonder why the Fucking slow-mo isn't Fucking relevant in this Fucking case. Why are we reliant on two Fucking referees Fucking eyesight to say yes or no when the replay clearly Fucking shows it? Surely you should at least have a Fucking Video challenge to play or something? Fucking stupid Olympic sports I only Fucking care about every 4 years.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Makes me wonder why the Fucking slow-mo isn't Fucking relevant in this Fucking case. Why are we reliant on two Fucking referees Fucking eyesight to say yes or no when the replay clearly Fucking shows it? Surely you should at least have a Fucking Video challenge to play or something? Fucking stupid Olympic sports I only Fucking care about every 4 years.

Apparently there is a VAR type system sometimes but it isn't being used in the Fucking Olympics, because, you know, that's only the Fucking pinnacle of their Fucking careers.

• Facepalm 1

Fucking Gold Medal and Fucking Golden Slam for Novak Djokovic. Surely now no question of the GOAT.

Can we please put a filter on using the word fucking? It started off as an amusing gimmick but now it's just painful reading these posts. There's more fucking than a gay orgy, and considerably fewer virile young men to make it worth it.

Just now, BuffaloPhil said:

Fucking Gold Medal and Fucking Golden Slam for Novak Djokovic. Surely now no question of the GOAT.

Statistically no. In the eyes of tennis oficianados most definitely yes. Give me 100 years and I'll watch several other players play before I get round to Novak Fucking Djokovic. And he's still got 1 less gold medal than Andy Fucking Murray. Tosser (of tennis balls, and also generally).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Until Alcaraz smashes every record. 4 slams including one on every surface by 21.

• Love 1

21 hours ago, Toast said:

What's happened to all the fucking swearing?

2 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

Can we please put a filter on using the word fucking? It started off as an amusing gimmick but now it's just painful reading these posts. There's more fucking than a gay orgy, and considerably fewer virile young men to make it worth it.

Sigh...you can't please everybody... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

Until Alcaraz smashes every record. 4 slams including one on every surface by 21.

Staying healthy and newcomers being crap for 10 years notwithstanding. People really don’t like Djoker do they.

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

Statistically no. In the eyes of tennis oficianados most definitely yes. Give me 100 years and I'll watch several other players play before I get round to Novak Fucking Djokovic. And he's still got 1 less gold medal than Andy Fucking Murray. Tosser (of tennis balls, and also generally).

Oh, certainly not my favourite player - that would be the incomparable Roger Federer. I never thought anyone would get close to his records but just a few years later both Nadal and Djokovic have outpaced him in Slams. But he was just wonderful to watch. Murray was always very entertaining viewing too, Djokovic is just too robotic. 

(Fuck.)

• Love 1

Just now, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Interesting that only Disc+ had exclusive live coverage of the end of the tennis. Which I realised I can get. For free.

Minus points for not fucking swearing and it's your swearing thread you fucking started it. Get a bloody grip man.

• Haha 3

I would find it more decent if the f*****g was removed completely. 

4 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

I'll stop swearing when you stop making so many allusions or double entendres to what you'd like to do to any male mentioned.

2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Minus points for not fucking swearing and it's your swearing thread you fucking started it. Get a bloody grip man.

I stopped swearing several pages ago. It got boring and I couldn’t afford it either. We used have a swear filter many moons ago.

Another Fucking bronze for Team GB in the men's vault - Harry Hepworth just edging out team-mate Jake Jarman (what is it with British gymnasts and Fucking alliterative names?)

10 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

What are you on about, there's fucking tons of them.

• Haha 1

There was a British rider (Harry Charles) who won gold in the team jump, he appeared on the podium with his hand bandaged, does anyone know why?
By the way what a name huh, name of the king and the prince

teamgb-jpg.jpg?crop=8:5,smart&quality=75&auto=webp&width=1000

1 minute ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Oh, certainly not my favourite player - that would be the incomparable Roger Federer. I never thought anyone would get close to his records but just a few years later both Nadal and Djokovic have outpaced him in Slams. But he was just wonderful to watch. Murray was always very entertaining viewing too, Djokovic is just too robotic. 

(Fuck.)

Now, to continue my point, I could watch Roger play for 100 years (I'll throw 20 years to Murray and 10 to Rafa for balance). Just so beautiful to watch. I understand the argument that he piled up majors against inferior players but they weren't inferior, he was just another level, and forced the others to reach that level in order to compete. He was always hampered by the fact he was older than the others, and thus would age sooner and fail to compete. The fact he came back after the nadir of 2013 to more finals and more titles was astonishing. I still don't know how he didn't win the 2019 Wimbledon Final. Djokovic has won a lot of matches on incredibly fine margins, which is undoubtedly a skill in itself, but makes him incredibly fortunate at times. Rafa's total is swelled by his invincibility on clay. 14 French Opens is insane. Even if Roger had won all his close finals against Djokovic and the epic against Nadal in 2008, he would still only have 13 Wimbledons. And then we get to Djokovic being a (Fucking) anti-vaxxer and an arrogant egomaniac. But I know some will just call me bitter. :D

Just now, diego said:

does anyone know why?

Horse fought back....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Steve said:

I would find it more decent if the f*****g was removed completely. 

If you'd contributed to this thread at all, your say would have a lot more Fucking worth. :D

2 minutes ago, diego said:

There was a British rider (Harry Charles) who won gold in the team jump, he appeared on the podium with his hand bandaged, does anyone know why?
By the way what a name huh, name of the king and the prince

teamgb-jpg.jpg?crop=8:5,smart&quality=75&auto=webp&width=1000

Broke his wrist a month or two ago. They said he was fortunate to be able to ride in the Olympics.

• Like 1

Overused phrases #1- Goat.

Stop that now. Just stop it.

Womens cycle road race, which I appreciate I'm probably the only one watching, 14 uses of it in about a minute.

GOAT? STFU!

16 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Staying healthy and newcomers being crap for 10 years notwithstanding. People really don’t like Djoker do they.

It's uncontroversial to say "they really don't." And how ever much he wails about that and argues he deserves more respect and love, you can't force those sorts of emotions. Either people have them for you, or they don't, and people have, largely made their mind up about Djokovic. He said some nice things about Andy, both at Wimbledon and here, but I still don't want him to win when he steps on a tennis court.

• Like 3