18 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Tomorrow is a fucking massive day for Team GB. 

Aye, Harrymac's beside himself with anticipation, or summat

Oh aye, and that Dutch guy is back in the beach volleyball isn't he?

• Like 1

Stolen from Threads:

1737138860_Image1.jpeg.16db2a50175bf27756e79e8f1c5f8720.jpeg

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Stolen from Threads:

1737138860_Image1.jpeg.16db2a50175bf27756e79e8f1c5f8720.jpeg

I must be thick as I don’t get it at all? 

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I must be thick

Hallelujah

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, TQR said:

It's not looking good, but after the last couple of games I'd still not count the Fucking Fucks out yet. 

EDIT, 10 mins later:

Christ, I thought they might do it after nicking that break back from match point down. Because we've seen it all before. But it was a step too far. Shame, they deserved a shot at a medal, just for sheer bloody mindedness. What an amazing career. So many memories. I'll miss the stubborn bugger. Fuck.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Christ, I thought they might do it after nicking that break back from match point down. Because we've seen it all before. But it was a step too far. Shame, they deserved a shot at a medal, just for sheer bloody mindedness. What an amazing career. So many memories. I'll miss the stubborn bugger. Fuck.

I hope he ends up as a pundit. He's a thoughtful, knowledgable, funny chap and it'd be great to have him around off the court.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TQR said:

Hallelujah

I hate punching down. However....

2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

I hate punching down. However....

Same, but I will make an exception for incessant, bile-parroting, wilfully ignorant trolls.

31 minutes ago, TQR said:

I hope he ends up as a pundit. He's a thoughtful, knowledgable, funny chap and it'd be great to have him around off the court.

Not the biggest fan of the limelight though, suspect coaching is more likely for him. But I imagine he'll pop up on the Beeb's Wimbledon coverage every now and then.

The gift the keeps on giving, or summat - to be clear, the fight is something of a non-event, the Italian woman lands punches and walks away twice, so she had the good sense to call it as soon as she felt the strength of the punches coming from the other side. She actually said in her interview she'd never been hit so hard.

6fe5dfc0-504b-11ef-8f0f-0577398c3339.png

• Facepalm 1

59 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

The gift the keeps on giving, or summat - to be clear, the fight is something of a non-event, the Italian woman lands punches and walks away twice, so she had the good sense to call it as soon as she felt the strength of the punches coming from the other side. She actually said in her interview she'd never been hit so hard.

This is will be the story of the games. And will have an effect way wider than the games. 

If she wins her next fight (Against an a Hungarian) she wins a medal and that’s when things will explode futher. 

6 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Not the biggest fan of the limelight though, suspect coaching is more likely for him. But I imagine he'll pop up on the Beeb's Wimbledon coverage every now and then.

He pledged to Ash Barty he would strongly consider playing invational doubles with her at Wimbledon at some point in the future. . 

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

I hope to fuck Imane Khelif sues everyone who publicly shamed her, and wins.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, TQR said:

I hope to fuck Imane Khelif sues everyone who publicly shamed her, and wins.

She won’t win because the fact she failed a test is accurate.

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Please stop. You are making it more likely trans people lose rights over this. It will help the Tories get support for their abolish the GRA policy they going to adopt for the next election. .

She won’t win anyway because the fact she failed a test is accurate .

Just fuck off, Crem. No one wants you here. I’m not dignifying this utter shite with a response.

• Like 2

Just now, TQR said:

Just fuck off, Crem. No one wants you here. I’m not dignifying this utter shite with a response.

I’m not going to dignify your stupidity and rudeness either. 

In light of double Fucking Olympic Gold Andy Murray's retirement yesterday, people on SM are talking about GB's greatest ever sportspeople to have competed in the Fucking Olympics. In amongst those in living memory such as Redgrave, Kenny x2, Murray, Farah, Grainger, Daley, Hoy, Ennis etc, someone mentioned Max Woosnam.

Not only did he manage an Olympic Gold in doubles and Silver in mixed doubles in tennis, he also outside of the Fucking Olympics won doubles at Wimbledon, did a 147 break in snooker, made a century at Lord's, captained the British Davis cup, and captained the English national football team.

• Like 2

Imane Khelif is not a transgender. She is a woman with heavy male characteristics (high testosterone, Y chromosomes) which quite advantage her. 

It is not dried and cut as you say, @TQR. She was disqualified from the world cup, and the rules should be instead the same for every competition. She either competes everywhere or does not. I'm not completely against her competing or not competing. Both sides have their reasons.

But for sure trying to trivialize an existing problem does not help.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

7 minutes ago, drol said:

Imane Khelif is not a transgender. She is a woman with heavy male characteristics (high testosterone, Y chromosomes) which quite advantage her. 

It is not dried and cut as you say, @TQR. She was disqualified from the world cup, and the rules should be instead the same for every competition. She either competes everywhere or does not. I'm not completely against her competing or not competing. Both sides have their reasons.

I mean Sky News is now sending posh notifications about it which shows the reach of the story.  Having a dismissive attitude might feel good but doesn’t work well.

• Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, drol said:

Right, and when I say she should sue those who publicly shamed her, I’m talking about JK Rowling deliberately misgendering her (trying to weave it into her hateful anti-trans rhetoric), and the Daily Mail saying she’s a biological male when that is not the case.

Whether or not she does have such an advantage, it’s not down to us to comment. It’s down to the sporting authorities and those in the competition - plenty of whom, including her recent defeated opponent, have publicly backed her participation.

Last I’m saying on the matter because the Olympics shouldn’t be about mud slinging. Let’s just enjoy the positives of the competition; it’s much nicer.

• Like 4

An American has just won Silver in the fucking shooting. Swiss gold. 

25 minutes ago, drol said:

Angela Carini announces her retirement from boxing

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

He pledged to Ash Barty he would strongly consider playing invational doubles with her at Wimbledon at some point in the future. . 

Yeah, and he might do that. But that's not a next  career step, that's a bit of fun during Wimbledon fortnight. :facepalm:

36 minutes ago, drol said:

The reason for the discrepancy is amateur boxing is mainly organised through the IBA, a Russian-backed organisation. Obviously, recent events have made that untenable, and also dubious judging decisions are rife. There is a new organisation called World Boxing to which the USA, UK and various others have signed up which is hoping to replace the IBA, but could not do so in time for Paris. The Olympic boxing competition is being organised directly by the IOC, and, by their rules, she is compliant, so can take part. The governance issue is part of the reason why boxing is due to leave the Olympic program for 2028. Again, not getting into the nuances of the case, just explaining why she's allowed to compete in some places and not in others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1