taffia77

New Here and saying Hi.

Comments noted...

Maybe we will try to get it working like before - or try to make the forum search more visible

It's all my fault... 

Hang your head in shame! ;)

Now let's not all be so quick to blame LP3. We're all slightly responsible and I think we should admit this. ;)

Hello to all of you out there, living and otherwise. My name's Matt and I just joined up, though I've lurked around here for a year now. I decided I finally wanted to get in on the fun. I'll try not to rant too much.

:)

I've been all over this forum since a google search for "Josco's Little Man" went horribly wrong.

Welcome!

Guest IYG
I've been all over this forum since a google search for "Josco's Little Man" went horribly wrong.

I don't even want to know. :)

Welcome That Which Does Not Kill Me, you don't mind if I just call you Matt do you? Either that or TWDNKM and that's too long to remember.

Hello to all of you out there, living and otherwise. My name's Matt and I just joined up, though I've lurked around here for a year now. I decided I finally wanted to get in on the fun. I'll try not to rant too much.

:P

Don't we already have a Matt??

Two in fact if I am very much mistaken. Although you are the only one who has a picture of himself for an avatar. :pop:

(I assume Weatherman isn't a Manilow clone though it is tempting to imagine him as one) :)

But seriously, I'd go along with most of what you write on your site.

Good to have you on board!

Hello Matt!

I also agree with most of your beliefs. The exception being: "War is bad." Everyone needs to let of some steam every now and then!

I hope your health is ok (what do you expect if you post it on the internet!)

Make yourself at home. :)

Hi Matt!

You picked a good night to join! It's been hectic on here tonight, for some reason. You are 123 lbs, that's less than 9 stone - seriously puny. Keep eating, you're giving your countrymen a bad name!

That's another thing. you'll probably know, if you've been lurking around here awhile, that some of the subject matter will not be familiar to Americans. we spend (well waste, really) a lot of time discussing ageing British politicians, actors and entertainers, esp. "Carry On" stars and those who appeared in 1970s sitcoms. If you start to suggest baseball players, senators and ice hockey stars nobody will know who you're on about, except Bruno Brimley, and no-one takes any notice of him. Cheers!

Guest IYG

Love the new avatar lospalmas. :)

Love the new avatar lospalmas. :P

I didn't get it the first time I saw it. I thought it was broken. :)

Guest IYG
Love the new avatar lospalmas. :P

I didn't get it the first time I saw it. I thought it was broken. :)

I thought it was broken as well but I noticed the blood. :pop:

:P

Hi Matt, like you I have only recently joined after lurking for a long time. I enjoyed your website and would also agree with most of your views (including the war thing :) ). I would never be brave enough to put a website about myself up on the net, although my dog has a page on dogster (Oh God not the dog thing! Sorry won't mention him again).

Hope you continue to have a good life and look forward to reading your posts.

Cheers

Although you are the only one who has a picture of himself for an avatar.

That picture of me is horrid, I think. I had just gotten out of hospital where I languished with a severe form of pneumonia and almost made somebody's death list myself. (Which is why I am down to 123 pounds but I'm working on that.) The sunken-looking eyes, I think, made it a fitting avatar.

Welcome Mat. :ph34r:

(sorry couldn't resist)

Love the new avatar by the way LP7, although I did rather like the dishwasher.

I also agree with most of your beliefs. The exception being: "War is bad." Everyone needs to let of some steam every now and then!

I made some updates to my site this morning. (Having been on sick leave, I've got a lot of time on my hands!) I added a few more subjects to my personal beliefs page and expanded on my opinion of war.

we spend (well waste, really) a lot of time discussing ageing British politicians, actors and entertainers, esp.

I definitely noted the British flavor to the board a long time ago. This is why I said "out of hospital" above, as opposed to the American "out of the hospital." When in Rome...

(I guess I should have said 'the British flavour' shouldn't I?)

Actually, I'm a big fan of British television, at least the stuff we get over here. I hear that what you keep for yourselves is even better.

Welcome Mat.   :ph34r:

(sorry couldn't resist)

Interesting, people usually make jokes about my last name. I have heard them all...

Hello Matt,

I just want to add my welcome as well. I am one of those members from across the pond in Toronto, Canada and over here we have been having a horrible snowstorm for the last 2 days. We were just beginning to get excited about spring approaching, as the weather had been excellent for the last week or so.

Anyway, I am sure that you will enjoy the forums.

Regards,

ff

Interesting, people usually make jokes about my last name. I have heard them all...

In England I have 3 friends called Allcock, Badcock and Shufflebottom who suffer greatly but I think perhaps Butts wouldn't have the impact in Britain that it does in the States. Perhaps you should move. :ph34r:

Here in France, the mere mention of Sean Connery brings a smile to most peoples' faces. Vladimir Putin also raises a titter.

May I also say welcome Matt.

Also FF, how was the honeymoon? I only ask because today is the 25th anniversary of the Josco's. It's not all bad you know.

Although you are the only one who has a picture of himself for an avatar. :o

(I assume Weatherman isn't a Manilow clone though it is tempting to imagine him as one) :ph34r:

Speak for yourself, mine's a perfect likeness.

(And there are a few members who've got pics in their profile rather than as their avatars. I believe the Four Horsemen has trimmed down since then.)

Although you are the only one who has a picture of himself for an avatar. :o

(I assume Weatherman isn't a Manilow clone though it is tempting to imagine him as one) :ph34r:

Speak for yourself, mine's a perfect likeness.

(And there are a few members who've got pics in their profile rather than as their avatars. I believe the Four Horsemen has trimmed down since then.)

I was only referring to members whose name is Matt.

I believe your name isn't Matt. I'm not sure about T4H but suspect he is called something else if that picture is really him. :o

May I also say welcome Matt.

Also FF, how was the honeymoon?  I only ask because today is the 25th anniversary of the Josco's.  It's not all bad you know.

Thanks for asking Josco and by the way congratulations on your 25th aniversary. We had a great time in Florida and visited Disneyworld, Seaworld and the Kennedy Space Centre. Most of our time was spent sunbathing and water skiing on Miami Beach and snorkeling in the Florida Keys.

regards

ff