Dr Strangelove

Richard Whiteley

According to BBC News Richard Whiteley has been admitted to hospital.

So today's conundrum is "MANONEIUP"

Guest Guest

The COUNTDOWN has begun .............possibly !!!

Is this true? Is the mayor of Beadlam at deaths door? Is Twice Nightly Whitely (AKA Once Yearly, Nearly) about to snuff it?

(Edited: an "A" Beadlam)

Is this true?  Is the mayor of Beadlam at deaths door?  Is Twice Nightly Whitely (AKA Once Yearly, Nearly) about to snuff it?

Obviously I wish Whiteley well, but if he insists on using the "Twice Nightly Whiteley" joke ever again; I may want to kill him myself.

According to BBC News Richard Whiteley has been admitted to hospital.

So today's conundrum is "MANONEIUP"

Fallen ill with a bad case of "Piano menu" did he? :P

"Stable" according ot the BBC now. That could mean stable before suddenly falling off his perch, or stable as in he's going to get better. Hopefully the former.

Hopefully the former.

:P

That sounds a bit harsh.

But then, I don't have a telly (lucky me) so I don't really know what you hope to be missing!

If I were Richard, I would try to persuade Carol to put on a skimpy nurse's uniform and to take my temperature at regular intervals and....... oh never mind. :P

I wonder what's going to happen with "Countdown." Richard Whiteley has never missed a show to my knowledge. Do they suspend the show, or bring in a guest presenter (and who would you like to see? It's hard to imagine anyone else doing it)

I wonder what's going to happen with "Countdown." Richard Whiteley has never missed a show to my knowledge. Do they suspend the show, or bring in a guest presenter (and who would you like to see? It's hard to imagine anyone else doing it)

I believe it's recorded months in advance, so no.

That said if the grim reaper decided to give Richard "Two from the top and three from the bottom", it would give Vorderman lot's of time to produce more annoying adverts. So get well soon Richard.

Reading on teletext yesterday, I've been proved wrong.

Guest presenters are going to be brought in. As well as being good news for William Hague/Boris Johnson/all the rest now HIGNFY has finished for this year, it also tends to indicate that Richard's recovery will be protracted. He's not out of the woods yet! :huh:

Reading on teletext yesterday, I've been proved wrong.

Guest presenters are going to be brought in. As well as being good news for William Hague/Boris Johnson/all the rest now HIGNFY has finished for this year, it also tends to indicate that Richard's recovery will be protracted. He's not out of the woods yet! :huh:

Stephen Fry, Lesley Garratt and Tim Rice are tipped to stand in.

What a strange combination!

I'm not surprised he's unwell. Saw him this year at the Cheltenham Gold Cup and boy is he fat!!! :huh:

I'm not surprised he's unwell. Saw him this year at the Cheltenham Gold Cup and boy is he fat!!! :huh:

Did he finish placed?

Stephen Fry will be good, he'll be coming up with words better than they can manage in "Dictionary Corner" and Tim Rice will be OK (he's a cricket fan, which is fine by me) but Mrs C and I might be watching with the sound down if La Garrett is going to present.

What about Robert Robinson, has he retired now? Is he still alive in fact?

I would like to see Carol Vordaman hosting it and Anika Rice at the board for letters and numbers.

I would like to see Carol Vorderman hosting it and Anika Rice at the board for letters and numbers.

I would second that proposal.

Except for the bit about Annika Rice.

I'd like to see either Sam Fox or Kelly Brook at the numbers and letters, just for the comedy value........

I'd like to see either Sam Fox or Kelly Brook at the numbers and letters, just for the comedy value........

Ill have one from the top please...

... a 36

and two consonants ....

... thats DD.

Thanks Sam.

DWB :ph34r:

Richard Whitely underwent several hours of lifesaving heart surgery yesterday and a tracheotomy, his days may well be numbered.

That sounds pretty seroius.

Do you have a link for the story?

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/ (not sure how to actually create a link but that's the website) scroll down to the headline 'Telly's Richard fights for life'