Dr Strangelove

Richard Whiteley

Honez is into his grammar - he would be ideal.

What do you think Starcrossed?

And I know theres a numbers round before you correct me.

Is everyone a countdown obsessive here? :lol:

My gran hated him - she always called him the tie man.

Honez is into his grammar - he would be ideal.

What do you think Starcrossed?

And I know theres a numbers round before you correct me.

Well, I don't wish to get drawn into a big debate about this, windsor, but...

Grammar is never an issue with Countdown as it never involves any phrasing, just single words. Spelling IS an issue, and Honez' strict adherence to correctness in this area would be beneficial, although not necessary, given Ms. Dent's professional lexicographical bent.

Just to clear this up (as I appear to have exposed myself as a time-served Countdown watcher) I was fortunate enough to have given up the daily commute (well, I reduced it from 30 miles to 30 feet) some years ago and work from home nowadays. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :(

Given your recent tendency toward the statistical, windsor and, given your unfeasibly high post-numbers, perhaps you'd be good at the numbers game? :P

If we have to have just one, my vote would be Brandreth... Susie Dent's used to his smell, Carol finds him charming, and I believe he used to be Whiteley's english teacher. Oh, no, wait, that was Russell Harty. But you get my point, I hope...

I have to know - what does he smell of? Cinnamon? Wet dog? Gunpowder? Wensleydale? I shall be looking for Susie's wrinkled nose next time he's on.

Speaking of Ms Dent, am I the only DLer who finds her quite attractive, in a sort of ice maiden/English rose kind of way? :P She takes "demure" to new levels.

Countdown needs dragging into the 21st Century. I think they missed a trick because they never considered Jade Goodey or Paul Gascoigne as hosts.

Countdown needs dragging into the 21st Century. I think they missed a trick because they never considered Jade Goodey or Paul Gascoigne as hosts.

I think it would have been nice to have seen Harold Shipman as a host. He had some nice cardigans and corduroy, and as a doctor he would've slotted right in...

Either him or the ferret that haunted Whiteley's career...

Given your recent tendency toward the statistical, windsor and, given your unfeasibly high post-numbers, perhaps you'd be good at the numbers game? :(

Actually my posting is under control these days compared to before and with the Pete Doherty thread gone, I have nothing to rant at.

PS. Sorry for getting that thread locked. :P

Speaking of Ms Dent, am I the only DLer who finds her quite attractive, in a sort of ice maiden/English rose kind of way?  :P  She takes "demure" to new levels.

You're not the only one, Cerberus. Susie Dent is style and demureness personified; almost a reason to watch the show in her own right.

[mea culpa] I am at a loss as to why I would reveal this to complete strangers, but I actually have a signed photo of Susie Dent. They presumably have plenty of perverts (not that I'm one of them :( ) asking for this type of paraphenalia; she's wearing the most abhorrent multi-coloured blouse and almost scowling in the photo, I presume to deter any further stalking-related advances. [/mea culpa]

btw Cerberus, your avatar is pure class. A three-headed, three-arsed guard-dog? Woof! (woof! woof!)

Harvester of Souls: I think you're right. Shipman on Countdown would have been a corker possibly with Myra Hindley doling out the letters in place of that over-rated bag of bones Vorderman.

Now Mary, take that back this minute! I won't have anything bad said about the lovely Carol.

It's a bit like with Josco and Marmite. :P

[mea culpa] I am at a loss as to why I would reveal this to complete strangers, but I actually have a signed photo of Susie Dent. They presumably have plenty of perverts (not that I'm one of them :) ) asking for this type of paraphenalia; she's wearing the most abhorrent multi-coloured blouse and almost scowling in the photo, I presume to deter any further stalking-related advances. [/mea culpa]

So it's sort of like aversion therapy then.

Maybe this could be the basis for a new thread - of whom do you own a signed photo, and why did you ask for it.

I caught a bit of Countdown today and I may have witnessed Des' first gaffee on the show.

He asked a woman if she had a long wait to get on to the show. She said three years.

So Des says back to her, "I had to wait 23 years".

May have been a bit insensitive. <_<

I caught a bit of Countdown today and I may have witnessed Des' first gaffee on the show.

He asked a woman if she had a long wait to get on to the show. She said three years.

So Des says back to her, "I had to wait 23 years".

May have been a bit insensitive. :P

Yes. It must have been a trauma for that poor woman to look forward to meeting Twice Nightly & then getting Des instead.

C'mon Mary your talking about the woman I love!

Whaaaaaattttt??

:P

Yes Mary, how about an apology for your hideous slur on the Lovely Carol?

Yes Mary, how about an apology for your hideous slur on the Lovely Carol?

Notapotato, I was with you until I saw her dancing the Rumba on the superb, Strictly Come Dancing. It was frightening.

Memorial service today. By invitation only.

Memorial service today.  By invitation only.

Will the ghost of the ferret be attending?

Only if it was invited.

vorderman_carol.jpg

Lipstick, powder and paint! Even I could look like that with the correct amount of make-up :wub: