Deadornot

Bush's Chance

Will George W Bush be assassinated?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest IYG
As I was saying, if Bush does die in office its bound to be something silly such as chocking on a pretzel or something.

If he chokes on a chocolate covered pretzel, Homeland Security will be after IYG! :deadx:

Well, I'm still here on a visiting Visa so until I have my Green card I best be careful with my pretzels.

Well, maybe you could change your sig to

'Say, would you like a chocolate covered donut'

Guest IYG
Well, maybe you could change your sig to

'Say, would you like a chocolate covered donut'

I could, but that would ruin the joke Kevin Smith wrote.

If thats true it would be one mighty coincidense 'cos i didn't copy that.

And by the way, Yes, i would like a chocolate covered pretzel.

Guest Guest_heaven can wait

on holiday havin fun.... 100 in the shade.....you really dont want one of those chocolate covered pretzells (hcw)

Are you the real Heavan Can Wait or just some guest playin' a joke?

Time will tell.

Guest Guest
Are you the real Heavan Can Wait or just some guest playin' a joke?

I´m the real thing enjoying a couple of hard earned weeks in Gran Canaria....

And here´s the proof

The Heaven Can Wait I know signs his name very differently.

And here´s the proof

Who are you, and what have you done to the real HCW? :huh:

regards,

Hein

He's fallen off his bike but unfortunately he's not badly injured

I was a bit shell shocked this morning, and thought Miss Janeo was referring to HCW until I saw the link :huh:

I was a bit shell shocked this morning, and thought Miss Janeo was referring to HCW until I saw the link :huh:

Ms Janeo if you don't mind!

Guest Guest
Who are you, and what have you done to the real HCW?

I´m holding her hostage in GC getting a lovely tan.

I know, some else must have changed it

I think we should change this topic to 'What happened to HCW'

Who are you, and what have you done to the real HCW?

I´m holding her hostage in GC getting a lovely tan.

I know, some else must have changed it

I quite like the duck punching quote. Very amusing. Much better than her old sig.

Before the G8 he celebrated his 59th birthday in Copenhagen with Queen Margrethe II of Denmark at her Palace.

Many have wondered why Bush is so stupid. Here's a quote from mommy:

War is not nice.

Barbara Bush (1925 - )

State the bloody obvious. Pity he didn't listen. :)

Just how hard would it be to assassinate Bush (not that I'd want it to happen)?

How far in advance are his movements made public, because the Royal Family details are available weeks, if not months, in advance.

But I suppose it would have to be a suicide assassin who did it, because a bomb would be found etc.

Just a thought.

How far in advance are his movements made public, because the Royal Family details are available weeks, if not months, in advance.

But I suppose it would have to be a suicide assassin who did it, because a bomb would be found etc.

Just a thought.

Woh, steady on there bud.

Just an observation, but in this current global climate, is it such a hot idea to be posting stuff on the Net containing such inflammatory words next to the Pres of the USA's name?

I'm not preaching you understand, just concerned that a fellow DeathLister doesn't start hearing echoed delays on their telephone receiver or get paid a visit by those men with muddied faces wearing in ear microphones.

Or am I watching too many films?

I voted yes due to that supersticious thing, something like every president elected in a year ending in 0 has been assassinated.

Or something along those lines.

Im not quite up to scratch on my supersticions, infact, i doubt im even spelling it correct.

Just a thought.

Technically, it's not that hard to whack anybody. On US soil, citizens can (and you can debate the pros/cons of this one all night long) purchase long-range anti-personnel/anti-materiel rifles like these, provided they have around $15k to spare. Weapons like this are powerful and accurate enough to acquire a target as small as a human at ranges in excess of 1.5 kilometres.

The human bomb option is the one that gives his security detail the biggest headache and is the reason why GWB's movements are so rigidly structured. There are, no doubt, countless willing martyrs who would use this option, given half a chance.

GWB has an unprecedented level of security and also has the least-advanced travel schedule of any US President. You don't see GWB on a walkabout unless the area has been cleared for, literally, days beforehand by his special forces teams. This is the benefit of being Commander In Thief of the world's most potent military force.

When he is out and about, his security detail consists typically of 3 concentric rings of bodyguards:-

1) Personal Bodyguards (right there with him, men in suits carrying small arms, ready to smother him and provide returning fire in the event of close-range personal attack)

2) Sniper/Counter-sniper (on rooftops/in buildings around any venue he attends; these soldiers are trained specifically to scan crowds/buildings for suspicious people and act accordingly. As you would expect, lethal force is carte-blanche for these chaps. If you look shifty enough, they can take you out with minimal additional authorisation.)

3) Tactical range defence (helicopters patrolling using visual, infra-red and other imaging techniques to look for possible threats and to provide coordination of any "threat mitigation" exercise on the ground.)

This is a subject which I could discuss all day; it's actually a complex intellectual exercise, planning an assassination. It's difficult. If it was easy, it would have been done successfully by now. We don't know how many attempts have been thwarted; personally I believe there may have been several, up to and including a suicide pretzel ;) . To quote Mr. Braithwaite in Enter The Dragon, "any bloody fool can pull a trigger".

You are correct, any attempt to kill GWB would be a suicide mission. I personally would ensure that I finished the job myself, having first successfully "acquired the subject". I would, of course, telephone the press after my triumph with details of where to find my body, and hopefully they'd find the letter of admission/explanation taped to my corpse before the special forces got to it. No way I'm spending time at Camp X-Ray. A headshot as prestigious as GWB would be worthy of martyrdom.

So... despite being the most universally hated and ridiculed world leader of modern times GWB is, imho, not going to be assassinated, simply because the windows of opportunities are so few, and his defence so tight.

Jesus!

I don't know what's bothering me most- the sinister turn of this thread or Star Crossed's past!

Jesus!

I don't know what's bothering me most- the sinister turn of this thread or Star Crossed's past!

All I was highlighting is that, despite the most advance security in the world, our senior public figures have to give people prior notification of where they are going to be for publicity reasons.

It would take a pretty impressive body guard to stop a bullet, so it's down the the intelligence agency to find a preventative measure, not a cure.

If the CIA/MI5 want to bug my phone, then they are welcome. All they will find is the occassion order for a takeaway and some lovey-dovey talk - hardly revolutionary.