Deadornot

Who are the immortals?

2 hours ago, drol said:

Manohar Joshi hospitalised.

manoharim.thumb.png.62e565716fcb37bd9ab37dc07d0f97c7.png

Does not sound very positive. His brain cancer and this, I give it 12 hours until they say he's in "multiple organ failure/extremely critical", dead by 2025.

Edit: News18 says the "cardiac event" was a cardiac arrest. I think he's fucked.

You never say that with immortals, but in this case :pop:

Manohar Joshi dead. It's Jover.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, drol said:

Not on the list, sir.

I guess 'Immortals' is an actual list and not just a case of supercentenarian status. Never looked at the thread close enough to notice.

• Haha 1

Manohar Joshi (1937-2024)

"One day I will become the king of Immortals and MyMango will spam my thread all day long!" (Joshi's shattered dreams)

"Close but no cigar" (Murli Manohar Joshi)

image.png.7e7b37f2297449288b349d265b872783.png

Age at death: 86

Known health issues: suffering from brain cancer after years of failing health, he suffered a massive cerebral hemorrhage in June 2023, putting him in a coma for good. Back then the chances of recovery were bleak, but in December he was giving interviews for his 86th birthday. Hospitalised in very critical condition in February 2024 after heart attack.

Cause of death: Heart attack.

Alignment: Seemed reasonably a nice guy, differently from his namesake Murli Manohar Joshi, who has a reputation of being an asshole.

• Like 8

Shi Ping not looking too well, even for his standards...

shiping2024.png (932.11KiB)

According to his family he does not have any disease. In fact he is the picture of health.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tep Vong DEEEEEAAAAAADDDDD?

Completely out of the blue!!!!

• Like 10

5 hours ago, drol said:

Tep Vong DEEEEEAAAAAADDDDD?

Completely out of the blue!!!!

Facebook is full of videos of people lining up to see him. For whatever reason the machines are still attached to his dead body and beeping. A bit morbid. Such as this.

Tep Vong (1932-2024)

"Remain calm! All is well! He has no ailments!!!" (Kevin Bacon in Animal House)

"We all thought the life support thing was a practical joke" (Tep Vong's very intelligent monks)

Khmerization: Protest against Tep Vong and Phnom Penh Police Chief Chuon  Sovan

Age at death: 92

Known health issues: Critically ill after a series of strokes in 2020, hospitalised multiple times in October/November 2023, in and out of hospital for the last two months of his life, ultimately on oxygen and on life support. During the whole process his followers insisted he had no ailments.

Cause of death: An inquest is being launched as he had no ailments.

Alignment: There were two Tep Vongs. One was a young Buddhist monk who was persecuted by the Khmer Rouges and never gave up his beliefs. The second one was a regime bootlicker who thought HIV was a punishment from God and supported a dictator in every decision. What went wrong, we'll never know.

• Like 9

On 13/07/2023 at 02:14, arghton said:

3. Feng Zigen

zigen.png.c333883ae406520044136dbf10c62fc7.png

Zhu De's bodyguard, least notable person on this list but deserves a mention due to his impressive health. Around new year he was hospitalised with covid, double pneumonia, bilateral pleural effusion, anemia, abnormal kidney and liver function, bacterial infection and hypoalbuminemia. He has had brain atrophy (dementia) and "intestine failure" for years now and looks healthy as shown in that image from this week. Also, he's 105.

Feng Zigen prematurely dead at 106

Shocking, he looked so well.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Silvia Pinal very well, not in any pain and being treated for a minor scar on her back.

I guess it's another way to say she is a semicomatose 92-years old with extensive lung disease and bedsores from being bedridden for years. Her family are top level denialists.

1 hour ago, drol said:

Silvia Pinal very well, not in any pain and being treated for a minor scar on her back.

I guess it's another way to say she is a semicomatose 92-years old with extensive lung disease and bedsores from being bedridden for years. Her family are top level denialists.

I've noticed a pattern here. So many of these immortals have families/followers who always seem to deny everything. (However Carter tends to outlive them one by one)

Some miscellaneous news on other of the immortals listers:

Sonomyn Luvsangombo celebrates 100th birthday (East Asia age reckoning). He lives on Moscow's Michurinsky avenue, I'm not sure if the images are new.

Filipino immortals Enrile and Cesar Virata interviewed on longevity last month. Aged 100 and 93, both are still working and Virata seems quite sure he'll reach 100 too.

• Like 1

Thanks for Sonomyn, very difficult to find news on him. I guess the images are new.

6 hours ago, drol said:

Keep in mind that most of her health updates are also comedic monologues

Princess Yuriko hospitalised in ICU after suffering a stroke and aspiration pneumonia.

Apparently stable and not in danger.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 01/01/2024 at 09:51, drol said:

21)Solihin G. P. (1926): Indonesian general who survived a massive stroke in 2017 and severe COVID in 2021

Solihin G. P. (Wikidead at 97

image.png.4885eb3339a9ac0d714e30063d0ab051.png

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

He had suffered six paralyzing strokes earlier, hospitalised some time ago for lung problems, then rehospitalised with myocarditis and oedema that he also survived but finally died from lung and kidney failure. Hares hit for me.

• Like 1

Solihin G. P. (1926-2024)

"Fuck! That hit very close!" (Sonomyn)

"Pah, amateur" (Zhang Lixiong)

image.jpeg.c33038788ffbf7bec6293400d78f6069.jpeg

Age at death: 97

Known health issues: Massive stroke in 2017, on his deathbed in 2018, severe COVID in 2021, suffered six further strokes, myocarditis, oedema, lung disease.

Cause of death: Lung and kidney disease.

Alignment: Generally considered a good governor who fought gambling an improved agriculture. As an andocte he was sleeping when he was announced as governor of West Java, and his aides had to wake him up.

• Like 6

Silvia Pinal discharged.

• Facepalm 1

On 05/03/2024 at 07:59, drol said:

Solihin G. P. (1926-2024)

"Fuck! That hit very close!" (Sonomyn)

"Pah, amateur" (Zhang Lixiong)

image.jpeg.c33038788ffbf7bec6293400d78f6069.jpeg

Age at death: 97

Known health issues: Massive stroke in 2017, on his deathbed in 2018, severe COVID in 2021, suffered six further strokes, myocarditis, oedema, lung disease.

Cause of death: Lung and kidney disease.

Alignment: Generally considered a good governor who fought gambling an improved agriculture. As an andocte he was sleeping when he was announced as governor of West Java, and his aides had to wake him up.

I'm not normally one to critique, but the spelling of anecdote here gives me a headache. 

It happened.

Ma Shitu dead at 109.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 3

23 minutes ago, drol said:

It happened.

Ma Shitu dead at 109.

Now that the Reaper has taken Ma Shitu, perhaps his constipation will finally come to an end?

• Like 2

Ma Shitu (1915-2024)

"No birthday party? And where the hell do I get my cake?" (Wang Huo reacts to the death of his eternal friend)

"Tsk, tsk, not everyone has what it takes to be a king" (King Jimmy I)

"T...th...this does mean I can die too?" (Zhang Lixiong)

image.jpeg.cb0cc77f78849ca6aa36eaa2d3e1554d.jpeg

Age at death: 109

Known health issues: Terminal lung cancer in 2003, lung cancer and skin cancer in 2019, frail and hospitalised multiple times in 2020, severe COVID in 2023.

Cause of death: autopsy pending.

Alignment: Jovial writer who fled from the Kuomintang in the early 40s, and his wife was killed. Hugely popular in his later years, when his story Let the Bullets Fly was adapted into a popular (in Mainland China) movie, Ma Shitu was able to stand and exercise until the end so his demise was still kind of unexpected. Ma Shitu would become king of Immortals after Jimmy's death, but apparently not for this life.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1