Sign in to follow this  
Lady Die

Britain's Olympic bid

And the winner is ....... PARIS

Blimey, a psychic - could be a valuable contributor to next years list!

Unless I die due to unforseen circumstances

I see it is an electronic vote, so I predict George W. Bush will win with a 130% share of the vote.

I see it is an electronic vote, so I predict George W. Bush will win with a 130% share of the vote.

He'll have to work on that. In the former Soviet Union candidates won elections by 99.7% of the vote.

regards,

Hein

It's London!  :blink:

Oh dear.

Very dear, actually, as the Greeks can attest.

regards,

Hein

My powers must be failing.... how could I have got it soooo wrong?

It's London!  :blink:

That settles it; I'm emigrating! :o

How much do you reckon the congestion charge will be by then? I'm glad I don't work in London anymore.

Crimony, remind me not to be anywhere near the Isles during that time. That is going to be one big mess. But better there than Paris. They really need to stage the Olympics out in the middle of nowhere to keep traffic down. :blink:

Oh, and with the advent of beach volleyball in the Olympics (where are they going to find a beach in London?) I really want to endorse a return to the Greek tradition of naked competitors.

And the winner is ....... PARIS

Actually it's not.

Sounds superbly fabulous to me. Thanks PotatoNot.

Oh, and with the advent of beach volleyball in the Olympics (where are they going to find a beach in London?)

Horseguards Parade

Just hope the games don't clash with Trooping the Colour. Would hate to see the Queen having to ride around in a bikini :blink:

Guest IYG
Jesus pole-vaulting Christ...

Is his pole made from the same wood the cross is?

Was it really that much of a suprise? For goodness sake our presentation was leagues ahead of Frances' and the video presention was excellent. I doubt that chirac think those ill manered comments were going to help the French bid, odious unsophisticated man; he is full of bile. Still bitter and twisted i should expect from the EU meeting.

Having the Olympic games overshadow her Diamond Jubilee celebration may leave the Queen thinking 'whats the use' on continuing.

oh i hadn't even thought of that :old::o The Olympics would fall during the month after her 60th aniversary. Bloody hell 60 years! She is going to pass Victoria! I wounder if the celebrations would be mingled? If not it's going to be one big celebratory summer.

The Queen's not very lucky with these things - she had the world cup to deal with over the Golden Jubilee - and the Commonwealth Games.

I'm just glad you guys got it since over here in the real world (The U.S.A.) we will be having our Republican and Democratic conventions that summer and both parties will be sending Jeb Bush (George's cute young brother) to the voting roster as their candidate of choice. The Republicans plan on trotting out Zel Miller as his V.P. running mate, while the Democrats will be happy just to find their way to the convention.

Seriously though congratulations to you folks in England on your big win.

Seriously though congratulations to you folks in England on your big win.

:old:

Seven years of hell, followed by a shambles!

I can see the enthusiam that Lord Coe spoke of - I'm just glad we beat the French again 200 years after Trafalgar.

I can see the enthusiam that Lord Coe spoke of - I'm just glad we beat the French again 200 years after Trafalgar.

That headline does sweeten it, I suppose..

Seven years of hell, followed by a shambles!

That's the spirit! :old: (I should make it clear that in the absence of any universally recognised sarcasm smily I am using the wink to indicate the sarcastic tone of my post. I am also confident that this long-winded appendage has in no way deteriorated the impact of my original pithy remark.)