millwall32

Brinsworth House and Denville Hall

Since the Richard O'Sullivan thread is my all time favourite and it has appeared in the forum again today I thought I would repeat my request.

Any info on who is in Brinsworth. I have done a boit of research myself, even asked a few local residents and have come up with nothing other than Charlie Drake, Alan Feeman, and R O'S.

Appeal to all DL'ers-Who else is in there??

I sent them a polite email asking about famous residents, and this was the reply,

Dear ******

Thank you for your mail and interest, Brinsworth House is a private residential home for retired members of the entertainment profession, and with respect we do not disclose the names of residents.

Best wishes.

Ray Donn

Treasurer/Webmaster

Entertainment Artistes' Benevolent Fund

www.eabf.org.uk

I never really expected anything else.

• Like 1

I sent them a polite email asking about famous residents, and this was the reply,

Dear ******

Thank you for your mail and interest, Brinsworth House is a private residential home for retired members of the entertainment profession, and with respect we do not disclose the names of residents.

Best wishes.

Ray Donn

Treasurer/Webmaster

www.eabf.org.uk

Sending Emails to celebrity's homes?

You remind me of someone - can't think of who it may be....

Dear ******

Best wishes.

Ray Donn

Treasurer/Webmaster

www.eabf.org.uk

Sending Emails to celebrity's homes?

You remind me of someone - can't think of who it may be....

Like a real stalker? It reminds me of a story i read. Years back

Bob Dylan had a obsessive stalker who actually broke into his home

one night and started shuffeling threw his garbage. Bob Dylan had

been harrased by this fan many times before so he became so

raged he challenged the fan on and defeated him in a quick brawl.

It would certainly be interesting to meet some of the posters here in person and to see if they look anything like I imagine they do.

But a convention like that couldn't be used to make a binding decision about who gets on the list because some important members live too far away to make it practical for them to be there.

For example Typhoid Harry, long time member and a universally respected authority on all things death and Deathlist who lives bloody miles away from Heathrow. To name but one.

That's not to say I wouldn't want to attend such an event, just for the craic, if enough others were interested. The 17th is fine with me. But we don't need to hire a hotel. Any old pub will do.

The Shrunken Head in Brentford, for example.

Ah meeting other members...

It's something i think about every here and there. I wonder

to myself who is the Grim Reaper? An accountant in england

but is he a strange guy? Perhaps he lives alone or maybe he is

happily married? Then who is Honez? According to his profile he

is australian and is 16 years old. Who is Josco? Where did that

small dancing man come from? Notapotato lives in Germany!

Miles and miles away from where i come from.

Boudicca is Inar's redhead goddess.

Magere Hein well i have always

pictured him as somewhat of a drinker. Maybe a middle aged man

who enjoys hanging around the bar with friends. Then Our Sole to myself

has always been a mystery and Cowboy Ronnie i always took as occationly

a secluded individual. There are many many more i could name but i certainly

don't want to get carried away. Though i think i might agree with Notapotato

i'm not so sure if it is the best idea meeting all the other members togeather.

It's something i think about every here and there. 

I second that idea. I would not mind if a deathlist.net convention were organized. I would certainly attend. There are many members of the forum that I would like to meet and have a beer with.

Guest IYG

It's something i think about every here and there. 

I second that idea. I would not mind if a deathlist.net convention were organized. I would certainly attend. There are many members of the forum that I would like to meet and have a beer with.

And talking football, beating people up.

Of course it should be in England, I can drink there.

I think I'd be a bit disappointed if I met The Reaper and he wasn't wearing a top hat.

I have always imagined him looking a bit like Noddy Holder. :lol:

nh.jpg

I probably wouldn't attend.

After all, you will need someone to run the forum in your absence.... :lol:

What would have been funny is a deathlist enrty to the X-factor. I sure we could scramble some tallent together - or not. I, personally, am shite at singing.

It would also double up as research:

1. We could ask Sharon if there is any chance of the cancer returning.

2. We could ask Sharon how Ozzy is doing.

3. We could request that they let a terminally ill candidate through to the final thus making him or her famous giving us an easy score.

:lol:

Guest Alan
Fluff is there because he has bad arthritis and asthma. He got into trouble days after arrival for playing his music too loud

yeah, turn the beach boys down

what about Messers Weedon, Inman, and Major?

Can't see any of them pegging it any time soon. I think it's head to head Charlie Drake, Fluff and Dickie O in the Brinsworth House death stakes.

I reckon they'll finish in that order.

Guest Nellie

I have to say I find some of your comments about taking bets on who will die next at Brinworth house really disgusting. my grandmother lived there and died there and I don't find your comments at all funny. You should learn to have a bit of respect !!!!!!

Brinsworth House do an awful lot of good and so does the Royal Variety club

and no you can't just walk in by the way

;);):angry:

[1] The post states that a relative or friend of the writer died recently.

[1] The post states or infers that the poster is morally or intellectually superior to the members of DeathList.net.

[1] The post contains two or more grammatical errors.

[1] The post contains one or more instances of consecutive question marks (??) or exclamation marks (!!).

16 points if I'm not mistaken.

I have to say I find some of your comments about taking bets on who will die next at Brinworth house really disgusting. my grandmother lived there and died there and I don't find your comments at all funny. You should learn to have a bit of respect !!!!!!

Brinsworth House do an awful lot of good and so does the Royal Variety club

and no you can't just walk in by the way 

<_<  :angry:  :angry:

Pardon the rudeness of the other posters.

Tell me who else is in there? Who was your granny? Do you have any idea who is in there now?

Mine is, that we actually do put down plans for the previously mentioned deathlist 2006 naming convention/christmas party - and raise some money ("He does a lot of good work for charity... mate") and indeed help Brinsworth House?

I think Dec 17th in the London area. How about at one of the Heathrow airport Hotels? I've done the Ibis in the past. Any one else have a favoured date. Maybe for those who can't get we could post back to the site reports from the convention via internet linked laptops. You never know maybe we could get a famous guest or two!

Why didn't this plan come to fruition?

A bit on the inert side, aren't we.

I don't have much hope for our Glorious Revolution in that case. Whatever happened to Josco's Revolutionary Brigade anyway?

Who else (other than Richard , Fluff and Charlie ) are here ? Looking at the web-site....there's presumably dozens of residents . Obviously none of them are up there with Dicky et al....but there could be so much history there.....old has been TV stars.....fading pop heros etc

The chap in the wheelchair couldn't possibly be Don Estelle - Gunner Sugden (no relation to Mollie) from It Ain't Half Hot Mum, before his death could it? Or is it Matt Lucas?

http://www.eabf.org.uk/brinhse.htm

I see from the pic earlier in the thread that Bert Weedon is also installed. I also see from Bert's website that he had an LP called: Welcome to My World Doris Stokes. I bet that was a belter.

Not sure if he's a resident or whether he just haunts the halls when the working men's clubs are shut, but he was at the Brinsworth House Christmas Party & Cabaret & he's 91 years old!

Ladies & gentleman, I give you Mister Alfie Pearson!

Coffin dodger at Brinsworth

Notapotato Posted on Dec 29 2005, 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Rotten Ali @ Sep 10 2005, 10:27 AM)

Mine is, that we actually do put down plans for the previously mentioned deathlist 2006 naming convention/christmas party - and raise some money ("He does a lot of good work for charity... mate") and indeed help Brinsworth House?

I think Dec 17th in the London area. How about at one of the Heathrow airport Hotels? I've done the Ibis in the past. Any one else have a favoured date. Maybe for those who can't get we could post back to the site reports from the convention via internet linked laptops. You never know maybe we could get a famous guest or two!

Why didn't this plan come to fruition?

A bit on the inert side, aren't we.

Only had one or two showing interest - but it came down to no feed-back from any Admin folks. In that, even if we did this event, it may not change the line of tact that that seems to be in-place (sounding like a closed pub session and a back of an envelope approach)

I'll throw the idea up in the air again to see if the Grim Reaper or any other admin chaps who fancy a head to head event to better get a handle the best 50 to pick in 2007.

Alan Bennett is clearly not a deathlister since he mentions Brinsley House in his book, Untold Stories. He also, however, mentions Denville Hall for retired actors. Can't find much about it on the web, other than that it exists. Has it been discussed before? Does anyone know anyone in there who might have DL potential?