Sign in to follow this  
Lady Die

Euthanasia

Do you agree with Euthanasia?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This doctor helped a friend to commit suicide.

I votes the first yes. It also happens to be the law in my country.

regards,

Hein

I votes teh first yes. It also happens to be the law in my country.

regards,

Hein

You live in a very civilised place

I believe the law will be changed one day - but not before thousands of terminally ill people have been starved to death or been allowed to suffer needlessly in great pain.

Changes to the law will have to be handled very carefully though.

BTW I can't see Mr Josco voting for the second option somehow. ;)

I went with yes of course in my view this also ties in with the God has the choice deal since in my way of thinking God already decided a long while back how you would be checking out.

Thanks Janeo! That place happens to be my place too. The most recent debate in the Netherlands is on whether or not we should allow euthanasia to be administered on babies with severe deformities (if that's the correct english term, can't think of another). No matter how civilized a nation is, euthanizing incompetent patients is a delicate subject. The hospital in my hometown Groningen worked out a protocol, which is now scrutinized by politicians and the media.

Some deathlist visitors seem to have a morbid fascination that goes way beyond the celebrity-theme, though.

We had a debate on death books a few months back and - amongst others - discussed 'Dancing With Mr D' Bert Keizer's somewhat poetic account of being a doctor and dispensing death to the terminally ill who want it in Holland.

Think I'm a 1 on that list as well.

;) raider+Sep 26 2005, 02:29 PM-->

QUOTE(Tom(B) raider @ Sep 26 2005, 02:29 PM)
Thanks Janeo! That place happens to be my place too. The most recent debate in the Netherlands is on whether or not we should allow euthanasia to be administered on baby's with severe deformities (if that's the correct english term, can't think of another). No matter how civilized a nation is, euthanizing incompetent patients is a delicate subject. The hospital in my hometown Groningen worked out a protocol, which is now scrutinized by politicians and the media.

Some deathlist visitors seem to have a morbid fascination that goes way beyond the celebrity-theme, though.

I'm definitely in favour if a person can/does consent but not so sure about babies.

Also agree with Cerberus's comment about starving people to death. I find it quite bizarre that it's OK to starve someone but not OK to administer a lethal injection.

Yeah - gas everyone at 60 unless they're entirely self-funding. And you might has well do deformed babies too - like ones whose parents wear Burberry for instance.

Actually, a mate of mine who's a psychotherapist reckons most of society's ills could be solved by putting Prozac and the Pill in the water supply...

Actually, a mate of mine who's a psychotherapist reckons most of society's ills could be solved by putting Prozac and the Pill in the water supply...

I thought we did that anyway via people's pee.

I voted no but I don't see why Janeo had to bring God into it. Might as well have said "No only Santa/ MIckey Mouse can decide".

Guest lived so lets die

I think it should be left to the individual, to make that decision for themselves.

But my mother was terminally ill and the doctors asked us if they could switch off the machines, and we said yes because it was obvious that she was'nt going to get better. We just thought she would've wanted it that way, ;)

Thank you for sharing that....

I was being ironic.

Maybe I should've said God/Santa/Mickey Mouse/Toothfairy (delete as applicable)

Guest IYG

There you go, Santa is on the poll.

Thank you for sharing that....

The info or the pee?

I voted yes, having seen at 1st hand the suffering that the 'patient' goes through. Better to die with some dignity rather than a S**t stained nappy(diaper) and rambling on about total incoherant nonsense that causes the people around about you even more pain.

I voted yes for those who still have atleast a couple marbles rolling around in their heads. After having worked with the elderly in a psych hospital, I did see a number of people who had their reasons on why they didn't want to live anymore and in some cases, I could agree with them. Just because they were in a psych hospital for the time being doesn't mean they were total nutjobs, sometimes just depressed over their own decline and the loss of quality of life or terminal illness. We put dogs down if they're terminally ill or suffering, don't we? Even if they don't speak any human language, they do feel.

About babies (you are correct on the word 'deformities' by the way) - deformities, disabilities, handicaps or whatever - if their quality of life is going to be garbage, why subject them to it?

Given that my newest niece was born 4 days ago, healthy, I might add, I'm going to have a tough time looking at that issue objectively.

I was being ironic.

Maybe I should've said God/Santa/Mickey Mouse/Toothfairy (delete as applicable)

Sorry. Thought you were serious about God. Flattered that you cahnged your poll question though.

There you go, Santa is on the poll.

Makes more sense than Santa being on the pill...

I voted yes, I'm pro-choice. Democracy knows only one true path.

I voted yes as well, I would like to think if I was in horrific pain and dying a slow, painful death that I could choose to die instead. I had to put my dog Sparky to sleep 5 1/2 years ago, he had fought throat cancer for a year, but near the end his throat had swelled to a huge lump that stretched from one ear to the other, he was on pain medication and led a great life, but as soon as his quality of life started to fade and before he ended up in terrible pain we did the kindest thing, rather than let him suffer. I would like to think this option could be available to humans too. I knew a lady that died this year from an aggressive form of MS, the last 3 years of her life were horrific, I would hate to go through that.