Windsor

Norodom Sihanouk

Bugger.

If he does survive the year (after I said he was definately going to die), he should definately go on the 2007 list. :lol:

I thoufht they remaned this country nKampuchea or something loke that a few yearts ago or was theat antother conutry in the middle far east that gott remaned/

I thoufht they remaned this country nKampuchea or something loke that a few yearts ago or was theat antother conutry in the middle far east that gott remaned/

No, you're right. When the Khmer Rouge were in power, they renamed the "Republic of Kampuchea". When their regime collapsed, it went back to being Cambodia.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bloody Chinese arseholes....

Phnom Penh Former Cambodian king, Norodom Sihanouk, has told the nation that Chinese doctors have cured him of his "serious health problems."

Bugger, I had selected him on my 2006 ddp list! Too bad he was your joker Windsor.

Despite his current apparent good health, a royal spokesman said Friday he was still scheduled to return to China for further tests within a couple of months

Living god or not, the old king wasn't exactly famed for telling it like it is. It's not even June yet, I wouldn't rule out cashing in that joker in 2006.

Living god or not, the old king wasn't exactly famed for telling it like it is. It's not even June yet, I wouldn't rule out cashing in that joker in 2006.

I agree. Sihanouk was just as liberal with the truth as Pol Pot was when it came to violence, torture & general whinging. Whether this extends to this "announcement", I don't know. :)

Well, looks like there's still a chance of political assassination.

(I hope).

Well, looks like there's still a chance of political assassination.

(I hope).

Worringly for you, Windsor, the king says age is the one thing stopping him getting involved in politics, not ill-health as was his old trump card for getting out of getting in trouble again.

One minute your dying, and the next your donating pewter vases to charity auctions.

My obsession with this man made me think about a purchase but was quickly put off with the whole customs bit...

Sihanouk is back in China.

His health problems have returned.

This obviously was not planned as he has had to cancel a big engagement.

So much for those Chinese doctors...

Link

Sihanouk is back in China.

His health problems have returned.

This obviously was not planned as he has had to cancel a big engagement.

So much for those Chinese doctors...

Link

You're just writing this to cheer me up, don't you? :rip:

Anyway, as far as I know even the Chinese haven't found a cure for death.

regards,

Hein

Recently, Sihanouk has been talking about his death/funeral plans. Put me in an urn So, eyebrows raised, I searched some more, as he was now in the running for a 2007 DDP place in my team.

Until I found this medical update. :P

As fit as a fiddle, no. But close to death with that report - I don't think so.

Of course, Sihanouk has a habit of lying, and as it was posted on his own site, might be as rosier than normal, but I think the detail of it means I shall wait for 2008 onwards to plop old Norodom in.

Of course, Sihanouk has a habit of lying, and as it was posted on his own site, might be as rosier than normal, but I think the detail of it means I shall wait for 2008 onwards to plop old Norodom in.

I put him on my 2006 DDP team, because of his almost permanent stay in Chinese hospitals in 2005. It seems those Chinese doctors did something good. Sihanouk is out for 2007.

regards,

Hein

> this is from earlier in the month.. from his New Years message. he not happy about Cambodian penis's being chopped off. how dare those jealous spouses!

Cambodia's retired king Norodom Sihanouk in a New Year's message urged his fellow citizens to refrain from violence, such as killings, child sexual abuse, and other unacceptable "acts of cruelty."

"Please stop acid throwing, killings ... pedophilia, (and) rape, " Sihanouk said in his handwritten message dated Monday and posted on his website on Friday.

Sihanouk said that he has been "very perturbed morally and psychologically" by such acts as jealous husbands killing their wives, women cut off their spouses' sexual organs and jealous women throwing acid at their husbands' mistresses.

"All these crimes or acts of cruelty are anti-Buddhist and dishonor our country, nation and race," Sihanouk said in the message written in French.

"They are unacceptable," he added.

Sihanouk currently stays in Beijing, China, for medical treatment. He used to publish messages on his website.

Almost a year to the day til the last post, Sihanouk has been back to China & is now back in Cambodia and is apparently sprightly & well. Unless, of course, he gets indicted for his role in the Khmer Rouge days, when I suspect he'll become "poorly" again. <_<

Norodom Sihanouk says his health is deteriorating and has hinted that he may not have long to live.

Making progress again.

Guess his doctors put a little sticker on his bottom that says:

Re-Made in China

Expect he will fall apart within the next 6 months.

He wants to die as soon as possible...

...but is still residing in Beijing for medical check-ups.

:wub: