Charley Farley

Treasonable Politicians

John Pilger knows a thing or two about Police States.

He says Britain is rapidly becoming a Democratic Police State.

Pilger's quite correct, as is George Monbiot and all the other respectable, experienced journalists who seek to educate us in matters of democracy/lack thereof and governmental extremism.

The sad truth is that these brilliant, hard-working journalists tend to preach to the converted; intelligent people who can read and understand logical, rational arguments. They will rarely change public opinion, because Joe Public is so f*cking stupid and illiterate that they can hardly say the word "democracy", let alone understand fully its implications, or notice when it's being dangerously eroded.

Most of the "electorate", unfortunately, are Sun-reading, ignorant f*cking sheep who will let Tony and his éliterati ride roughshod over our rights until it's too late to do anything, à la Josco scenario. These c*nts don't deserve to live in the democracy that our country used to be.

Take action NOW before we're all totally enslaved, constantly spied-on, catalogued, pigeon-holed and shackled. Attend public demonstrations, write to your MP, tell your friends, neighbours, colleagues, just go DO something about it.

Public complacency has got us to the stage we are now at, NOTHING ELSE.

Democracy only works if we, the people, stand up and be counted and tell the ignorant f*cks who were "elected" to govern our affairs that we will not stand for their selfish bigotry, lies and hypocrisy.

Above all, don't waste your f*cking time like I've just done, venting steam in this thread. Please. Thank you.

Well said Star Crossed!

Except it is bloody dangerous to take the standpoint that anything which is democratic is good. And certainly not anything which calls its self democratic when it isn't. The second is probably worse than the first, but it is a fairly close thing.

But you are right. People are stupid. Even clever, educated people are very often stupid when it comes to politics.

I occasionally think of turning my back on the UK completely. I haven't lived there for 12 years anyway.

Which is worse I wonder, complacency or resignation?

As I've always wanted on a ballot paper for years..there should be a tick box at the bottom with the candidate... " None of the Above"

As I've always wanted on a ballot paper for years..there should be a tick box at the bottom with the candidate... " None of the Above"

There was a guy in the USA somewhere who dressed up in a nun's habit and changed his name to "Nun of the Above" before running for public office.

Did quite well in the election, I believe.

(Notapotato)Even clever, educated people are very often stupid when it comes to politics.

Not just politics NP, I've worked for lawyers (supposedly clever,educated people) for 20 years, in my experience they haven't a clue about ordinary everyday things never mind politics, I remember one time it was exceptionally hot in the summer so fans were bought for all of the offices, not a single lawyer could follow the simple instructions to put the damn things together, I had to do it, as for the office lighting, they paid an electrician extortionate amounts of money to come out and change lightbulbs whenever they blew, what the f**k do they do at home? As for wiring a plug? 'nae chance'. It frightens me that an awful lot of our MP's are ex-lawyers, they haven't a clue about ordinary life.

The strange thing is tho...I've noticed this for so long now...it seems that these so called smart, clever people have absolutely no common sense whatsoever, and it terrifies me the fact that these are the kind of people who make everyday decisions for OUR benefit..sheesh !!!!

Trouble is, the people in power usually manage to exempt themselves from some of the more annoying stuff they impose on the rest of us.

Which is worse I wonder, complacency or resignation?

Complacency or Resignation? I'd say they are, for practical purposes, equal. They both result in the same level of inaction and are, therefore, equally negative.

I too have thought about moving abroad, to a country to whose government I don't mind paying my taxes. I feel guilty every day, knowing that somewhere in the world, some innocent human has been killed by a bullet paid for by ME. Just because I was born here and have chosen to stay, I'm hated most of the world over because my passport says I'm a resource-plundering, murdering, selfish, xenophobic, ignorant, uncaring pig.

Nobody should have to bear that burden of blameless guilt, which is why I urge more political engagement in those I know and meet. I've probably lost potential friends over my beliefs in this regard, but maybe they weren't worth knowing anyway?

To reiterate, complacency and resignation both result in INACTION.

I am sure you are aware that your vote is not secret, and that your ballot paper could be recovered if the authorities saw fit.

When you go to the polling booth and give over your card the attending official writes a unique number on your paper. These are stored for some years and it could be simple (if time consuming) procedure to find yours.

Spoil your vote by marking every box.

People often say you should spoil your vote by not crossing any box but this leaves room for electoral fraud.

I paste here a copy of todays editorial in The Daily Telegraph. Our government will not leave us alone.

--------------------------------------------------

Many people do not seem to worry that the Government is spending more and more of our money to monitor us.

To the civil libertarians who protest at the erosion of the liberties of free-born Britons, they reply: "If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear." That was the response of many when CCTV cameras began springing up in high streets; when the national road system was first punctuated with speed cameras; and when the Government announced its plans for an "entitlement card", which suddenly mutated into a multi-billion-pound compulsory ID card scheme.

Now we learn that public funds are being set aside for a vast new surveillance database as Britain becomes the first country in the world in which all car movements are to be monitored by a seamless network of cameras, and then centrally stored for two years.

We find this idea disproportionate to any possible policing benefit, and repugnant in itself. Most of us would feel much safer with more police on the beat, offering a visible deterrent to criminals, rather than having technicians scouring hundreds of millions of our car journeys. Those who see no objection in principle to this enormously expensive scheme might ponder some of the practical drawbacks.

As the state takes more and more information from us - from where we drive to scans of our irises - we become commensurately weaker and more vulnerable. Scores of relatively junior and poorly paid clerical staff will henceforth have access to how all of us live our lives. What power over us this gives the computer operator; how intriguing it might be, at the end of a long boring shift, to check up, say, on the movements of an old girlfriend.

The Government will say the system will be secure and foolproof, but the recent history of public sector computer programs hardly inspires confidence. As the state grows ever more insistent in its demand to monitor us, and preach to us as to how we live our lives, there is much a law-abiding citizen might choose to hide, and a great deal more to fear.

-------------------------------------------------

We have more CCTV cameras in the UK than the rest of Europe put together. Are we English really so nasty that nanny needs to watch our every move?

Further reading here for those of you that are interested in our civil liberties erosion.

"Foreign cars are not covered by the project and until all cars in Europe are chipped - a long-term EU plan called Electronic Vehicle Identification - doubts remain over the robustness of the information being used".

If you substitute people for cars, you'll be getting near to their ultimate agenda.

That is indeed frightening. A case of a government doing things because it can, like a dog licking its own genitals.

Time for a revolution methinks.

That is indeed frightening. A case of a government doing things because it can, like a dog licking its own genitals.

That gets my vote.

Indeed.

Remove their genitals and tongues to be on the safe side.

Filthy animals.

Indeed.

Remove their genitals and tongues to be on the safe side.

Filthy animals.

I take it you're talking about the government, and not canines.

methinks? I don't like that way of speech it reminds me of a wacky scientist

who is performing an idea that is way beyond his abilitys.

Reminds me of Rentaghost. Methinks.

Gadzooks

Gadzooks

Odd's bodkins, forsooth!

[Methinks] reminds me of a wacky scientist who is performing an idea that is way beyond his abilitys.

Mad scientist. One of the career options I've contemplated. My parents weren't so keen when I started a chemistry lab in the cellar.

Perhaps they were right. They had to stave off the peasants, after all. Ever imagined where that scythe comes from?

regards,

Hein

Mad scientist. One of the career options I've contemplated. My parents weren't so keen when I started a chemistry lab in the cellar.

Flashback - I remember reading a book about a boy who wanted

to practice chemically involved experiments in his cellar but his father

would not allow him to carry on with this hobbie because he felt it was

very unhealthy.

Him and his son made a deal that if he went outside and jogged

here and there each day he would then be allowed to practice these

experiments.

Perhaps you read this novel Hein and you are having twisted

flashbacks thinking you yourself as a young man tried to be

a mad scientist?

So Blair is cornered and allegations of sleaze and corruption continue to dog him. Yet he will not retire. Could he be waiting until the economy worsens so as to take Brown down with him!

So Blair is cornered and allegations of sleaze and corruption continue to dog him. Yet he will not retire. Could he be waiting until the economy worsens so as to take Brown down with him!

Shouldn't be long then! I must say I already think that public support for Brown started to wane a couple of years ago, as it has for Labour in general. Labour's only current saving grace seems to be that they're still perceived as less bad than the Tories. There's a winning election slogan for Labour right there!

I think Mr Brown might end up with the 'always the bridesmaid' tag.

ps I've been to your website, & at least I know where 'Josco' comes from now. The link isn't quite right though, some extra characters need to be removed from it.

Can't say I find Octel 200 & 300's generally give more than 99.972% system availability in my experience, but what do I know? :D Good to see the DL link there too in amongst the serious stuff.

Link corrected, thanks.