Sign in to follow this  
Cup of Tea

Children

35 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

How is a 10 year old an "influencer"?

With all due respect, why did you bring back a thread from 18 years ago?

37 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Look up Ryan Toys Reviews (Ryans World).

Edit - actually just seen how old this thread is. Why not internet celebrities?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, polar duck said:

With all due respect, why did you bring back a thread from 18 years ago?

With all due respect, it looks like the place to put the question.

5 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Look up Ryan Toys Reviews (Ryans World).

Edit - actually just seen how old this thread is. Why not internet celebrities?

Because this site isn't really meant for kids' deaths specifically. That, and I haven't a clue who this is. I just wanted an opinion on how a 10 year old can be an influencer.

• Like 1

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Because this site isn't really meant for kids' deaths specifically. That, and I haven't a clue who this is. I just wanted an opinion on how a 10 year old can be an influencer.

Parents see how much money you can make for doing said thing and push child to do it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Parents see how much money you can make for doing said thing and push child to do it.

I'm appalled. I remember when kids wore the latest trainers or had the latest video game. That may have spurred some jealousy and, among my friends, a desperate need for the things.

Influencer seems a bit strong for back then, maybe I just don't get the modern world. :lol:

2 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Child influencers are one and the same as child actors. Other generations might not be able to comprehend the reach and fame level that these kids have. Yet there are no laws to prevent their earnings and working conditions from being exploited.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Probably a mix of the kid being inspired by other influencers and the parents seeing a golden opportunity to win some money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Child influencers are one and the same as child actors. Other generations might not be able to comprehend the reach and fame level that these kids have. Yet there are no laws to prevent their earnings and working conditions from being exploited.

Exactly! Get them back on the looms and the spinning jennies and open the chimneys back up! See how many they influence then! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

I think there is a law coming out in Iowa or Illinois soon so that children of family vloggers are protected (or at least paid).

Edit - found it:

Starting July 1 2024, parents in Illinois will be required to put aside 50% of earnings for a piece of content into a blocked trust fund for the child, based on the percentage of time they're featured in the video.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

With all due respect, it looks like the place to put the question.

People let their kids get YouTube, instagram and TikTok and push products to other kids, gaining millions of subscribers from fellow kids in the process.

As a parent, I'm very much a "over my dead body" to kids getting their own YouTube etc. Of course they think its cool. They're kids. A responsible adult has to put the foot down and look after their health/well being etc first.

• Like 5