Sign in to follow this  
Rotten Ali

Rotten Ali's 2006 Page

Just off to work and away from my computer for the next 4 days so wanted to pop a note in here to say how happy I am at being listed in 1st place on Rotten.com's deadpool site. Bit of a debate as to the order they list every one but with a 5 out of 10 score and only 9 players having at least that number I'm listed as at least 9th out of about 20,000 players.

Have a good week every one.

See, I told you he was smug.

<_<

Windsor Posted Jun 12 2006, 05:15 PM

QUOTE(Rotten Ali @ Jun 12 2006, 06:17 AM)

Just off to work and away from my computer for the next 4 days so wanted to pop a note in here to say how happy I am at being listed in 1st place on Rotten.com's deadpool site. Bit of a debate as to the order they list every one but with a 5 out of 10 score and only 9 players having at least that number I'm listed as at least 9th out of about 20,000 players.

Hi Windsor, really don't know about being smug? The other week I got my RDP 6 out of 10 score and stand in clear 1st place and today have moved into =2nd place on the DDP. This 600 odd "lifestyle risk" spreadsheet of mine seems to be turning the tables on quite a few players of late. I really don't think its smug to say that I do put quite a bit of logic and good analysis back into the equation.

My question to myself might be to retire from this study and to devote more of my time to life enjoyment safe in the knowledge that I've made yet one more success in something I've had a go at.

Windsor Posted Jun 12 2006, 05:15 PM

QUOTE(Rotten Ali @ Jun 12 2006, 06:17 AM)

Hi Windsor, really don't know about being smug? The other week I got my RDP 6 out of 10 score and stand in clear 1st place and today have moved into =2nd place on the DDP. This 600 odd "lifestyle risk" spreadsheet of mine seems to be turning the tables on quite a few players of late. I really don't think its smug to say that I do put quite a bit of logic and good analysis back into the equation.

My question to myself might be to retire from this study and to devote more of my time to life enjoyment safe in the knowledge that I've made yet one more success in something I've had a go at.

Em...excellent.

I must admit, you do have an impressive deadpool record and do put a great deal of work into your lists.

Why not retire from your regular job, and make money off of deadpools?

Em...excellent.

I must admit, you do have an impressive deadpool record and do put a great deal of work into your lists.

Why not retire from your regular job, and make money off of deadpools?

Because no matter how good you may be, you can bet there's always someone out there better.

Go Fish has everyone beat, unless that's an alter ego of Rotten Ali's.

Mind RA I notice you're only seventh in the Hartlepool Deadlypool, well behind Football Fan... and one or two others :rip: . Just been reading this thread again. If only the DL committee had listened to FF. Still RA I like your system even if it is downright obsessive. What it lacks, however, is that certain je ne se quoi of the DL. We know that Clive Dunn is very unlikely to peg it. But imagine if he did.

The problem is that death predicting is becoming so competitive that if winning is perceived to matter there seems little room these days for the more cavalier predictions or creative combinations.

Having looked over this thread might I point out the following:

1. Football Fan was spot on in his 1 Jan post when he said John Spencer and John Kenneth Galbraith were strong candidates to go in 2006. FF, if you spot any low hanging fruit in late December of this year the DL would be grateful if you'd let us know;

2. Rotten Ali said he would be surprised if we got "more than three" of the following: Dino deLaurentis, Jake LaMotta, Milton Friedman, Eli Wallach, John Profumo, Dom Mintoff, Casper Weinberger, Dame Vera Lynn, JD Salinger or Ingmar Bergman. Well, after 6 and 14/31 months two of them have carked it. Also, given the historical trend of getting about a quarter of the DL nominations correct, challenging us to get 40% or better from a cherry-picked 10 off the list is like saying I'd be surprised if Villa get a Champions League spot in the next five years;

3. RA also said based on his mysterious mathematical formula that if the DL is expecting approx. 12 hits on the year (for which we're currently on track), he's expecting 16 or 17 of his own choices to come in. He must be hoping for some of them to move to Beirut in the coming weeks;

4. For all RA's self-promotion, unless I'm mistaken he still trails DL 7-6 on the year. Not intended to be a criticism RA, just an observation on a thread you started and revived this week;

5. Having said all that, I give major props to RA for having the bollocks to come out and put his choices up against the DL's, make some slightly outlandish predictions, and stand by them. I look forward to seeing how the year ends up, and RA, same message to FF - if you have some good suggestions for 2007 you'd like to share with the DL they'd be gratefully received.

Thanks for the comments Cowboy Ronnie. Value your views, but won't you feel a little bit silly if Martin O'Neil gets the Villa job?

cut and paste of my resurve list:-

(The top ten will also be my picks for the rotten.com dead pool, and add the next ten to get my 2007 DDP.

The numbers are factor additions to there age and value functions to give an overall "year-on-year loss promotion statement") [also "rec" means recovering and I've lowered the comperable scores]

Ronnie Biggs 133 in bad shape - 4 mild strokes - 2x HA - para - flu - mrsa

Ariel Sharon 130 on life support fat + target rec minor stroke major stroke

Art Buchwald 120 Stroke manic depresive refused dialysis one leg

Ross Davidson (eastenders) 115 Brain Tumour

Ron Santo 110 20 operations, multi HA, blad cancer, bypass, amputee, unable to travel diabetes

Ladybird Johnson 75 "few months to go" April05 stroke

Evel Knievel 99 AA - liver transplant - hepatitis coma guns 7 brokenbacks battery

Vanity - Denise Matthews 105 rec HA stroke liver Kidney coke depression

King Sihanouk 95 strokex2 colon cancer, diabetes & heart problems prostate

Fidel Castro 72 frail, ass' attempts smoking + bad fall parkinsons

Zsa Zsa Gabor 66 jail, stroke, smoking rec coma wheelchair bound

Jerry Lewis 50 pulmonary fibrosis, diabetes viral meningitis back pain pain killers Prostate cancer HA

Freddy Fender 93 Hep C kid transp liver transplant weed AA

Charlton Heston 70 ext frail+ breathing probs + flu + prostate C + Alzhelmers

Kurt Vonnegut 82 AA smoking depressive suicide attemp

Jack Kevorkian 74 25 years jail very ill high blood pressure, arthritis, cataracts, osteoporosis and Hepatitis C

Oral Roberts 77 2HA

Billy Graham 40 prostate C - wc bound with Parkinsons'

Augusto Pinochet 45 stroke ill fat

ex pres Gerald Ford 35 "quite frail"

Pres. Lanasa Conte of Guinue 84 leukaemia, diabetes, several coups & assis ampts

Robert Mugabe 70 stroke prostate cancer target

Liz Taylor 50 ill brain tumor broken back x 4

Boris Yeltsin 60 By pass + pneumonia long histroy of illness

Tammy Faye (Bakker) Messner 75 lung cancer - smoking

Cyril Smith 62 fat fall frail hospital visit panic button

Paul van Vlissingen 75 terminal illness

Steven Adler 83 rec stroke weed coke coma HA heroin ABH vioProb

David Crosby 70 jail weed bullets liver transp fat crack

King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV of Tonga 58 400lbs very fat, diabetes, not very well

Arthur Lee (Love) 75 Leukaemia, depression, declining health jail 6 years guns Heroin

Alan Freeman 62 very frail old folks home drugs

Kirk Douglas 25 stroke Helicoper crash

Ann Richards 64 Esophageal cancer, smoking, osteoporosis, detox, AA

Gwyneth Strong (only fools & horses) 66 very ill brain tumour

Larry Hagman 50 drinker - liver opp + rejection

George Melly 50 passive smoking fat lung cancer

Osama Bin-Laden 37.5 target + kidneys failing

Little Richard 65 weed AA heroin coke depression

Jane Wyman 44 not very well - lung cancer arthritis diabetes

Charlie Drake 50 old folks home + stroke + bad way + blind

Larry King 56 HA bypass smoking diabetes GTL

Claude Levi-Strauss 25 very frail

Scott Hamilton 60 brain tumour + testicular cancer

Baby Charlotte Wyatt 80 lung & kidney trouble - prem - pot. fatal infec'

Paul Hunter 70 stomach/colon cancer/leukemium

Natasha Lyonne 61 AA dog fisting HepC HeartInfection Heroin Smoking CloassedLung

Suge Knight 65 rapper - weed fat attMur vioParol vioProb shot GTA battery assault

Pete Doherty 50 Herion crack coke canabis, jail, drug driving

Phil Lesh 65 liver transplant Hep Drugs

Thing is, so many of these bods drop between now and a year end listing it is not of much worth right now to really pitch for 2007 names without loads more work.

Thanks for the comments Cowboy Ronnie. Value your views, but won't you feel a little bit silly if Martin O'Neil gets the Villa job?

(The top ten will also be my picks for the rotten.com dead pool, and add the next ten to get my 2007 DDP.

The numbers are factor additions to there age and value functions to give an overall "year-on-year loss promotion statement") [also "rec" means recovering and I've lowered the comperable scores]

Ronnie Biggs 133 in bad shape - 4 mild strokes - 2x HA - para - flu - mrsa

Ariel Sharon 130 on life support fat + target rec minor stroke major stroke

Art Buchwald 120 Stroke manic depresive refused dialysis one leg

Ross Davidson (eastenders) 115 Brain Tumour

Ron Santo 110 20 operations, multi HA, blad cancer, bypass, amputee, unable to travel diabetes

Ladybird Johnson 75 "few months to go" April05 stroke

Evel Knievel 99 AA - liver transplant - hepatitis coma guns 7 brokenbacks battery

King Sihanouk 95 strokex2 colon cancer, diabetes & heart problems prostate

Fidel Castro 72 frail, ass' attempts smoking + bad fall parkinsons

Zsa Zsa Gabor 66 jail, stroke, smoking rec coma wheelchair bound

Jerry Lewis 50 pulmonary fibrosis, diabetes viral meningitis back pain pain killers Prostate cancer HA

Freddy Fender 93 Hep C kid transp liver transplant weed AA

Charlton Heston 70 ext frail+ breathing probs + flu + prostate C + Alzhelmers

Kurt Vonnegut 82 AA smoking depressive suicide attemp

Jack Kevorkian 74 25 years jail very ill high blood pressure, arthritis, cataracts, osteoporosis and Hepatitis C

Oral Roberts 77 2HA

Billy Graham 40 prostate C - wc bound with Parkinsons'

Augusto Pinochet 45 stroke ill fat

ex pres Gerald Ford 35 "quite frail"

Pres. Lanasa Conte of Guinue 84 leukaemia, diabetes, several coups & assis ampts

Robert Mugabe 70 stroke prostate cancer target

Liz Taylor 50 ill brain tumor broken back x 4

Boris Yeltsin 60 By pass + pneumonia long histroy of illness

Tammy Faye (Bakker) Messner 75 lung cancer - smoking

Cyril Smith 62 fat fall frail hospital visit panic button

Paul van Vlissingen 75 terminal illness

Steven Adler 83 rec stroke weed coke coma HA heroin ABH vioProb

David Crosby 70 jail weed bullets liver transp fat crack

King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV of Tonga 58 400lbs very fat, diabetes, not very well

Arthur Lee (Love) 75 Leukaemia, depression, declining health jail 6 years guns Heroin

Alan Freeman 62 very frail old folks home drugs

Kirk Douglas 25 stroke Helicoper crash

Ann Richards 64 Esophageal cancer, smoking, osteoporosis, detox, AA

Larry Hagman 50 drinker - liver opp + rejection

George Melly 50 passive smoking fat lung cancer

Osama Bin-Laden 37.5 target + kidneys failing

Little Richard 65 weed AA heroin coke depression

Jane Wyman 44 not very well - lung cancer arthritis diabetes

Charlie Drake 50 old folks home + stroke + bad way + blind

Larry King 56 HA bypass smoking diabetes GTL

Claude Levi-Strauss 25 very frail

Scott Hamilton 60 brain tumour + testicular cancer

Baby Charlotte Wyatt 80 lung & kidney trouble - prem - pot. fatal infec'

Paul Hunter 70 stomach/colon cancer/leukemium

Natasha Lyonne 61 AA dog fisting HepC HeartInfection Heroin Smoking CloassedLung

Suge Knight 65 rapper - weed fat attMur vioParol vioProb shot GTA battery assault

Pete Doherty 50 Herion crack coke canabis, jail, drug driving

Phil Lesh 65 liver transplant Hep Drugs

Thing is, so many of these bods drop between now and a year end listing it is not of much worth right now to really pitch for 2007 names without loads more work.

Rotten Ali, I've been meaning to ask you this for ages. You had Lou Rawls as your number two certainty out of a spreadsheet of 500 candidates. Who was your number one? I'm assuming s/he is dead by now.

DevonDeathTrip:-

"You had Lou Rawls as your number two certainty out of a spreadsheet of 500 candidates. Who was your number one? I'm assuming s/he is dead by now."

Not the case, yet! The listed first place occupier of a prision hospital cell can still be called upon to say every now and then "I'm not a well man, please let me out" Well Mr Biggs, please make your own arrangements as its unlikely having stollen loads of the Queens money you've little hope of ever being let out. Now that's quite depressing, and I feel it better loads my picking of him.

Snip <>

I don't believe Strong is even ill, let alone has a brain tumour?

Maybe this recent link might clear it up? Strong supports cancer campaign in Mum's memory

and she's currently touring and this interview says NOTHING about her illness.

BBC interview with Gwyneth Strong

Me thinks you've got false information. She was acting in a theatre nearby & in the paper she looked very healthy.

Snip <>

I don't believe Strong is even ill, let alone has a brain tumour?

Maybe this recent link might clear it up? Strong supports cancer campaign in Mum's memory

and she's currently touring and this interview says NOTHING about her illness.

BBC interview with Gwyneth Strong

Me thinks you've got false information. She was acting in a theatre nearby & in the paper she looked very healthy.

Someone told me 3 or

4 years ago that she has a brain tumour and all that time I've never seen it confirmed anywhere

Rotten Ali, how often do you reassess the candidates on your master list?

I saw two of my 'hot favourites' on your list and felt that they were in the wrong order; Sihanouk and the King of Tonga.

Sihanouk started off as being my pick of the year (he is my DDP joker) yet nowadays he claims to have been cured by the Chinese doctors (W**nkers).

On the other hand, T4 started off as being mildly dying but now he's basically dead. As well as that 'the four horsemen' says that the King's doctor, who he knows, says that the King has severe diabetise and could die at any given minute.

On your list Sihanouk has a better chance of dying than T4. Is this still justified?

Lovely list RA, but I would move Buchwald down and Heston up. Buchwald's kidneys are working again and he was well enough to travel around America. Heston, on the other hand, has Alzheimer's so bad he can't communicate, and his family doesn't expect him to live another year.

Otherwise interesting indeed. And the Tongan King is 88, not 58. :D

RA - I'm intrigued by the following

"Natasha Lyonne 61 AA dog fisting HepC HeartInfection Heroin Smoking CloassedLung"

Are you implying the's an expert in canine, er, husbandry?

I'm at work at dare not use Google to search for "Natasha Lyonne Dog Fisting" :D

RA - I'm intrigued by the following

"Natasha Lyonne 61 AA dog fisting HepC HeartInfection Heroin Smoking CloassedLung"

Are you implying the's an expert in canine, er, husbandry?

I'm at work at dare not use Google to search for "Natasha Lyonne Dog Fisting" :)

She made a threat to her neighbor regarding the dog. The heroin addiction has her losing hair and weight with reports late last year that she was under 90lbs, had a scabby face and may have been living on the streets. She hasn't shown in court for charges related to drug and, I think, disturbing the peace. I was sold on her as a potential pick for this year.

Canadian Paul Posted Today, 07:34 PM

Lovely list RA, but I would move Buchwald down and Heston up. Buchwald's kidneys are working again and he was well enough to travel around America. Heston, on the other hand, has Alzheimer's so bad he can't communicate, and his family doesn't expect him to live another year.

Otherwise interesting indeed. And the Tongan King is 88, not 58.

Hi Paul - AS I SAID, the figure (58) is "factor" I have calculated. It is not an AGE! That part of the equation is listed on my speadsheet elsewhere.

Yep did get the news the other week that Art has been improving but I think its still too early to down grade his risk factors yet. I would never have judged that Mo Molam would have been taken down with what was said to have been a binine tumour but within 8 years it finally did for her.

Heston was more a hope than a known. Its a slow death and the odd prompt from "someone in-the-know" that he is on his last legs gets an upgrade faster that those who get good news from the doctors.

In answer to our friend Windsor, I've been remiss (very busy) of late to follow all the threads even in here so I'm lagging a bit with some solid news on the decline of T4 and such like.

As I said, its an involving art. I,ve had loads climb high on my list only to die within weeks without getting them on my entries. That's death!

BR

Rotten Ali

In answer to our friend Windsor, I've been remiss (very busy) of late to follow all the threads even in here so I'm lagging a bit with some solid news on the decline of T4 and such like.

My apologies, just thought I'd point it out.

The way things are going, Cowboy Ronnie will have full right to laugh in my face shouting, "Haha, I told you so! Ha ha ha ha....HA!".

Which is rather annoying.

Hi Paul - AS I SAID, the figure (58) is "factor" I have calculated. It is not an AGE! That part of the equation is listed on my speadsheet elsewhere.

Yep did get the news the other week that Art has been improving but I think its still too early to down grade his risk factors yet. I would never have judged that Mo Molam would have been taken down with what was said to have been a binine tumour but within 8 years it finally did for her.

Heston was more a hope than a known. Its a slow death and the odd prompt from "someone in-the-know" that he is on his last legs gets an upgrade faster that those who get good news from the doctors.

As I said, its an involving art. I,ve had loads climb high on my list only to die within weeks without getting them on my entries. That's death!

BR

Rotten Ali

Damnit, I've been out of University too long to be doing this whole "reading" thing. :)

It's spectacularly done RA, and you've certainly proven yourself to be well-versed in the art. Personally I prefer the "interesting choices of which few, if any die" route for the DDP. :P

Great stuff RA. This type of detailed analysis, along with the extensive list of suggestions currently being compiled by Triple O, are exactly the type of research aides which will hopefully mean even more DL accuracy in 2007 and beyond.

And we all know Villa will end up with a total loser like Hoddle or Roy Aitken (is that the same guy from Stock Aitken Waterman?)

Great stuff RA. This type of detailed analysis, along with the extensive list of suggestions currently being compiled by Triple O, are exactly the type of research aides which will hopefully mean even more DL accuracy in 2007 and beyond.

And we all know Villa will end up with a total loser like Hoddle or Roy Aitken (is that the same guy from Stock Aitken Waterman?)

Sorry RA hadn't seen your classification system before proposing one just now on ideas and possibilities. It would be good to have a single unified DRCS (death risk classification system). Are you sure you aren't an actuary RA?

Cowboy Ronnie wrote:

Also, given the historical trend of getting about a quarter of the DL nominations correct, challenging us to get 40% or better from a cherry-picked 10 off the list is like saying I'd be surprised if Villa get a Champions League spot in the next five years;

Hey! That's just plain nasty!

I take your point though... ;)

Godot Posted Jul 21 2006, 01:53 PM

QUOTE(Cowboy Ronnie @ Jul 21 2006, 12:38 PM)

Sorry RA hadn't seen your classification system before proposing one just now on ideas and possibilities. It would be good to have a single unified DRCS (death risk classification system). Are you sure you aren't an actuary RA?

I like your idea - just off to look for this DRCS post of yours.

Its all about "weighting". I just had a notional number of points for each stated afliction in a persons lifestyle - if you are good at maths you could work back though that list I posted and work out the ratings I've typically given to each risk. The downside is that those quotes of relatives saying that the person in question only have moths to live, ring a bit hollow a year latter when you notice your score could be a bit better than it is "IF ONLY".

I've been working back into the rules of each dead pool I post on, a rating to judge the age factor and trade off should you get more points for being under 50 or 80. 20% better to have team of ill 78 year olds than those who will be 80 or over during the year. Its been posed that being an actuary could be help in this task. Well, in a way being a car designer I've allways had an eye for reducing risk of death and serious injury all the way through my work.

*snip*

*snip*

Well it's taken nearly 10 years but Denise Matthews is dead at 57. http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/15/vanity-dies-singer-nasty-girl/

• Like 1

Quite surprised that she has just died. But it shows those with such a poor medical history, that old bones don't often happen.