maryportfuncity

Fat And Fearless

So, just reading this delightful compilation of random questions and erudite answers (from the pages of New Scientist magazine)

One question asks whether you could - literally - eat yourself bulletproof, the answer apparently is no, taking a typical measure of the way police 9mm weapons are tested on packs of lard you could be covered in enough fat to ensure a bullet wouldn't reach your heart but the average man would need to weigh a shade over 102 stone to achieve that and would likely die in an attempt to reach that body mass. Vital dead pooling information I thought I'd share, or summat

340019684_1217770105533060_5408489155291

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 03/04/2022 at 12:38, arghton said:

pagkalos-2-thumb-large1__01.jpg.ece3da0ef81339f912a02f666dba9f57.jpg

Theodoros Pangalos. Greek PASOK politician and Deputy PM 2009-2012 known for his quote "We ate them together" (meaning "We are all responsible for the debt", according to wikipedia. Whatever else he ate, he ate alone) 

When Mikis Theodorakis died last year, he said that he'll "meet you (Theodorakis) again soon". He's 83 now.

Theodoros Pangalos has reportedly died as predicted: https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/1212314/former-foreign-minister-theodoros-pangalos-dies/

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I can think of another type of jab that will permanently end his condition. Where's Shippy and Letby when they're actually needed?

• Haha 1

Extreme Weight Loss star and "body positive" activist Brandi Mallory dead at 40.

Found dead in a parking lot, presumably from a SuperSize heart attack with cheese.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2024 at 11:17, gcreptile said:

Hospice care ain't stopping reality TV subject David Elmore Smith:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C14MlkOOYKF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

(trying to post the video because of the yuck factor...)

Update from DES after a few weeks' radio silence. Trying to parse his garbled syntax, I think he's saying he was in the ICU for a week or so, and is still in hospice. Looks like absolute shit, will not see 2025.

Latest on David Elmore Smith (the censoring of the name is done by him, not me, because it's a total mystery what could come after the "David S" in the Facebook account for David Elmore Smith).

image.png.747b29ffddb4c69c36a227f906fc75f6.png