maryportfuncity

Gene Wilder

Saw him tipped on the possibles for 2007 list. I thought he was beating cancer. Anyone know any more?

Saw him tipped on the possibles for 2007 list. I thought he was beating cancer. Anyone know any more?

Made a full recovery from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in 2000. Admittedly though, most people I talk to think he's dead already, so whatever that tells you I guess.

most people I talk to think he's dead already, so whatever that tells you I guess.

I'll trust your judgement here CP it's either:

Your friends are clued up.

or

You hang around with people that don't get out much.

You hang around with people that don't get out much.

For someone who doesn't hang around in Dead Chat, you sure hit that one on the nose. :)

Saw an interview with him a couple months ago. Looks decent enough, claims he's in complete remission. I'm inclined to believe him.

I refuse to believe The amazing Gene Wilder has bit the bullet

He hasn't

Just the other evening in nearly rapid succession, I viewed part of Stir Crazy on one television channel and then saw Willy Wonka on another. That Augustus Gloop fellow certainly is a hoot! As to Mr. Wilder, I have long enjoyed his work although not near as much as certain other entertainers.

Guest A fiendly reminder to us all&#33
Just the other evening in nearly rapid succession, I viewed part of Stir Crazy on one television channel and then saw Willy Wonka on another. That Augustus Gloop fellow certainly is a hoot! As to Mr. Wilder, I have long enjoyed his work although not near as much as certain other entertainers.

looked a bit orange to me when I saw him in London signing books earlier this year!

looked a bit orange to me when I saw him in London signing books earlier this year!

Oh gracious me, that does not sound at all good for him. Perhaps he was eating too many carrots.

Are you sure you're not mistaking him for an Oompah Loompah?

According to his autobiography he is in complete remission. I'd be more concerned about those close to him, Madeline Kahn, Gilda Radner and Richard Prior have all died young.

snip> I'd be more concerned about those close to him, Madeline Kahn, Gilda Radner and Richard Prior have all died young.

Ah! The curse of the Wilders

Curse of the Wilders nowt. I'd suggest Richard Pryor made - perhaps - a small contribution to his own early death.

true, but that doesn't account for kahn or radner - maybe it's just women around wilder who are susceptible to the curse? as for the man himself, even if he's beaten it for now, he's been incredibly frail for some time to judge by his tv and signing appearances. i've been expecting him to peg out for a while.

D'ya know what Pulphack, there might be summat in this. Marty Feldman - a close seventies associate of our man - was well short of a bus pass when his ticker gave out!

Cue the Twilight Zone theme, again!

Guest Ms. K

Gene Wilder is doing fine. he was recently sighted at an art show in Stamford

Nice of you to drop in Ms K, could you help us any more. Any oxygen tanks sighted nearby, did he run half a mile to buy a sandwich. Did he stand on a chair and sing a song called: 'I Licked Cancer and Life's Just Fine.'

I mean, all we've established is that he's alive and mobile, I think we knew that.

Some trashy speculation here about the deteriorating health of Gene Wilder.

• Like 1

Guest Death Guest

He looks very rough, stupid to exclude him this year.

Gene Wilder dead at 83 of Alzheimer's disease.

Everything you always wanted to know about what your name is and who's that strange man in your room (but were too afraid to ask)

• Like 1

Gene Wilder dead at 83.

Just seen the 'breaking news' on BBC.

Very sad news - he was a really funny bloke and starred in some great movies over the years. Watching Stir Crazy now and you can't believe both him and Richard Pryor are now gone

Gene Wilder dead at 83.

Just seen the 'breaking news' on BBC.

Very sad news - he was a really funny bloke and starred in some great movies over the years. Watching Stir Crazy now and you can't believe both him and Richard Pryor are now gone

Well it had to happen eventually but I'm still very saddened by this. Biggest death of 2016 for me.

• Like 1