Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

The Death Of The Traditional Nursery Rhyme

How much longer will this PC nonsense go on for?

It's no wonder how children fall out of touch with details from history when they teach this crap in schools

An equal opps veggie rhyme:

Sing a song of sixpence,

A pocket full of rye;

Four and twenty bean sprouts

Baked in a pie.

When the pie was opened,

Nothing much went on,

Now, wasn't that a boring dish

To turn in to a song.

The juggler juggles to entertain

The king and queen laugh with such joy

You would declare them insane

Says the juggeling boy

The animals are getting drunk

The cat is getting stoned

They dance and prance to the moon light above

As the dog loudly moaned

The mice are sharing wine bottles

One of the bottles falls and shatters

The drunken mice are rolling and laughing

Not like it ever really matters

Could be a nursury rhyme.

It's no wonder how children fall out of touch with details from history when they teach this crap in schools

Sorry, have to pull you up here. I'm not sure you can say HIStory (or even HERtory or in fact any tory). Also, they are not children but immature adults.

PC nonsense indeed... I barely have the words right now for how ridiculous this is... you'd think that people would have figured out by now by that too much PC is no good but no...

I heard that they changed 'Jack and Jill went up the hill...' because it implies they had sex.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they just have a filthy mind.

Also, Humpty Dumpty never fell off the wall because it may offend people.

I have a complaint, 'Little Bo Peep' implies that midgets can't look after sheep....

I heard that they changed 'Jack and Jill went up the hill...' because it implies they had sex.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they just have a filthy mind.

Also, Humpty Dumpty never fell off the wall because it may offend people.

I have a complaint, 'Little Bo Peep' implies that midgets can't look after sheep....

On the subject of humpty dumpty, doesn't Josco's avatar bear a certain resemblence?

On the subject of humpty dumpty, doesn't Josco's avatar bear a certain resemblence?

That comment is avatar-ist and you should be immediately banned under the equal opportunities act. :angry:

Guest iain

this thread has nothing to do with deaths..could the moderators please delete it

Iain baby, take a deep breath and relax, stay cool. Deathlisting can be fun if you go with the flow. Just chill

Iain baby, take a deep breath and relax, stay cool. Deathlisting can be fun if you go with the flow. Just chill

Relax in your own world. Be at peace and love. Live in pleasure.

Now - I found the Jack and Jill nursury rhymes very entertaining. The nursury rhyme

when Rover took Over was also a good laugh. We must let nonsense revolve around these rhymes.

Let's remember that humor throughout time changes and we change with it. Just like all things.

Just like Deathlist how many people have come and go and some may stay forever.

I can tell you that when I first joined it was alot more still around here. There may have

only been 30 regulars. It appears we have come a long way. Although don't be confused,

I enjoy tradition very much. I'm very original in many ways. I'll buy Cocacola instead of

the store brand and when it comes to cigerettes only the best. And other things of course

like cloths, food, diamond rings.....

1800 - 200 away from 2000!

I can tell you that when I first joined it was alot more still around here. There may have

only been 30 regulars. It appears we have come a long way. Although don't be confused,

I enjoy tradition very much. I'm very original in many ways. I'll buy Cocacola instead of

the store brand and when it comes to cigerettes only the best. And other things of course

Banshees, I think you have more money than sense. I am currently using an old pair of underpants as a floor cloth. Waste not want not.

this thread has nothing to do with deaths..could the moderators please delete it

The Grand Committee of Distinguished Moderaters, Moderators and Admins voted to delete this thread.

However, we changed our minds last minute. Phantom may be black and we don't want to offend him be deleting it. That would just be plain racist. :D

The Grand Committee of Distinguished Moderaters, Moderators and Admins voted to delete this thread.

However, we changed our minds last minute. Phantom may be black and we don't want to offend him be deleting it. That would just be plain racist. :lol:

Me? oh no, I'm a rainbow coloured single parent lesbian cornish pixie :D

I just thought this thread might be slightly symbolic, even though it's not about a celebrity that is dead or about to die. But nursery rhymes are an integral part of our upbringing and of course any children that we bring into this world. The sad demise of the tradional nursery rhymes would be such a sad thing.

Nurstye rhymes are often quite grimm althoughb not as Grimm as cetain fariy tales. :D:lol::lol::lol::P:D:D

Banshees, I think you have more money than sense. I am currently using an old pair of underpants as a floor cloth. Waste not want not.

Well STTG - I have enough money for what I need but it is the love in life that you can never buy.

That I have somewhat and someday if I ever won a real jack pot i'd most likely give some of the

extra dollars to people who need it more. It seems you have an underpants habit. I have many habits of my own. Such as prefering a fork when I eat most things. I like all the windows and doors shut usualy unless it's

a very warm day and I like all of the lights off in the house durning the day.

I find it more of a relaxed

environment and my list of habits goes on...

And thank you HOS. It seems like yesterday when I introduced you to Deathlist. :)

Of course Ring O' Ring O' Roses was all about the Black Death so there's a long tradition connecting nursery rhymes with death. But why don't we ever get any new ones? Maybe the deathlist should create a new death-related nursey rhyme.

Sing a song of suicide,

A bomber's going to die,

Two and seventy virgins,

Waiting in the sky,

When the bomb exploded,

It blew him in to bits,

Oh wasn't that a desperate way,

To get at all those tits.

Sing a song of suicide,

A bomber's going to die,

Two and seventy virgins,

Waiting in the sky,

When the bomb exploded,

It blew him in to bits,

Oh wasn't that a desperate way,

To get at all those tits.

:):lol::lol:

Georgie Porgie Pudding and Pie

Kissed the girls and made them cry

But Georgie Porgie had to pay

When he was caught by the CSA

Jack and Jill

Went up the hill

To fetch a pail of water.

The pay was bad

So they both had

A bit of talking after

Up Jack got

And home did trot

To fetch his blood-red banner

They went on strike

And took a hike

And torched their boss's manor

regards,

Hein

Just remember, if a well-know personage drops dead and is not on the DL, it isn't a failure, but an improvement opportunity.

DWB :crossbone:

Guest ?
The juggler juggles to entertain

The king and queen laugh with such joy

You would declare them insane

Says the juggeling boy

The animals are getting drunk

The cat is getting stoned

They dance and prance to the moon light above

As the dog loudly moaned

The mice are sharing wine bottles

One of the bottles falls and shatters