Sign in to follow this  
Dr Hackenslash

Sir Bobby Robson

Mr Longpenis

If you deliver on this promise I think you should stay and enjoy banter with the others hereabouts. If you're joshing with us might you be a former poster - like Iain - in disguise?

We await news of your future along with that of the former England manager.

MPFC, I think we all know who Mr D. Long is......

Whilst I think Mr Long may be a bit over-optimistic (as usual), it certainly looks quite bad for Sir Bobby. It would be a real shame to lose him, but at least, if he does die soon, he went out with a standing ovation at his beloved Portman Road as one of his last memories.

I think Phantom hit on the nail with his summary.

Aye indeed Octi, I was just havin' a bit josh with Iain. BS blew his cover on the Michael Foot thread, great new posting name for the man mind. And, yeah, I agree re Sir Bobby, the man lives and breathes football with an infectious old style passion. It'll be a shame when the day comes.

The Observer today reported that he had a stroke. I haven't heard anyone else mention this though.

The Observer today reported that he had a stroke. I haven't heard anyone else mention this though.

Here's the link to the report in The Observer

Sir Bobby Robson has been rushed to hospital for emergency surgery.My sources say he has terminal lung cancer.i expect to post news of his immiment death shortly.i will keep up updated as things happen.

Robson discharged from hospital

Pretty quick recovery for someone who has terminal lung cancer and whose death is imminent.

You need a new informer, Iain. Your grass is a bit green.

Didn't notice the S word in today's coverage which was making light of the scare and suggesting he's recovering well.

Frozen face, twitching, dribble and out of control. Either a stroke or a poorly timed impersonation of the Reverend Ian Paisley in full flight.

Frozen face, twitching, dribble and out of control. Either a stroke or a poorly timed impersonation of the Reverend Ian Paisley in full flight.

Sounds more like Harry Redknapp to me.

Either way, it's another day with no definite statement on what's wrong with the great man.

Stoke I say.

Either way, it's another day with no definite statement on what's wrong with the great man.

Stoke I say.

Stoke City?

Top gag Phantom, and a fair summary of some of the football they've played in the last decade.

Top gag Phantom, and a fair summary of some of the football they've played in the last decade.

I couldn't resist it <_<

Guest Guest_iain_*

oh my God thats not looking good-brain tumoour in an elderly man-oh dear.oh dear oh dear. :(

Guest Guest_iain_*

Bobby is being positive about the op,thats perfectly natural-none of us want to think we're more ill than we really are.But I think his friends and family had betetr pray for him t his coming wednesday,just in case...

Missed that Eejit but the paper is lying around MPFC Towers, which page is it on?

I wish Bobby Robson a speedy recovery from his forthcoming operation.

Also hoping that he doesn't die this year or I'll never hear the end of it from my dad as I talked him out of putting him on his DP list for our sweepstake

Brain tumour, looks like the cancer's never really left him alone.

Today's the day that Sir Bobby has his operation to remove the tumour.

Hoping for some news later this evening or tomorrow to find out if it was a success or not.

Note the word 'on' rather than 'in' that says 'survivable' rather than 'limited time.' Though it's too soon to tell anything yet.

No follow up chemo or radio therapies eh? A walk in the park by our Bobby's brush-with-death standards. Can't help feelin' he'll be back in forum action sometime soonish mind.