Sign in to follow this  
Dr Hackenslash

Sir Bobby Robson

A new article about the declining health of Sir Bobby Robson. He is due to be presenting the FA Cup to the winning team at Wembley on Saturday, but I don't think Sir Bobby is going to be making too many more public appearances.

Edit - Sorry, here's the link

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveni...ures/story.aspx

DDT, The text isn't coming up, could you cut and paste the article for us?

Guest Hal9000

Bobby is looking better and better everytime i see him on the television,he's a battler and has beat cancer 4 times now.He's gonna live till at least 100.I love the man and he shouldnt be in this list.

Bobby is looking better and better everytime i see him on the television,he's a battler and has beat cancer 4 times now.He's gonna live till at least 100.I love the man and he shouldnt be in this list.

Loads of us love and admire the man but terminal illness is terminal illness and deadpool points are deadpool points. Respect to Sir Bobby, but life gets us all in the end and the skill of trying to second guess the whole business is why we're here. The ultra-competitive battler himself would surely understand.

According to this link, the end is near..... it's in dutch, saying he is in a terminal fase.....

http://www.spitsnieuws.nl/archives/sport/2..._terminaal.html

Sad but it won't enliven the DDP very much as DDT has him and I do. I'm wondering if old Zsa Zsa darlink is going to surprise us. I expect not. Blokes get on with it but women just go on and on.

Missed the show myself but mucho message board discussion amongst some of my fellow footie obsessives in Cumbria about Bobby Robson, looking ill and showing clear evidence of hair loss on Look North tonight.

Here's a pic of Sir Bobby tonight, minus hair.

He looks like he might outlive Joe Kinnear.

Here's a pic of Sir Bobby tonight, minus hair.

He looks like he might outlive Joe Kinnear.

Yes, and as we all know, there's no, joking here.

Sorry.

He doesn't look too bad, but I thnk he'll be a steep rise from 46 for the Deathlist in 2009...

It's Bobby Robson Day (scroll down). He's meant to be making an appearance at today's game at St James' Park.

He has accepted that lung cancer will kill him: that, after suffering a few defeats at his hands, the disease will win

But hopefully not for a while.

It's Bobby Robson Day (scroll down). He's meant to be making an appearance at today's game at St James' Park.

He has accepted that lung cancer will kill him: that, after suffering a few defeats at his hands, the disease will win

I dont think he looked too bad at half time when the cameras were on him . Looked poorly , for sure , but certainly not a 2008 hit . Good 2009 chance obviously....

I dont think he looked too bad at half time when the cameras were on him . Looked poorly , for sure , but certainly not a 2008 hit . Good 2009 chance obviously....

It felt strange seeing him so frail. He'd make a worthy number 1 for DL 2009.

It felt strange seeing him so frail. He'd make a worthy number 1 for DL 2009.

He'll be even frailer after watching the latest 'performance' from his beloved Newcastle United.... :unsure: (for them, not for him)

the point is though...he didnt look too bad .

Forget a 2008 hit....NO CHANCE .

Poss for 2009 ??? Def....But he is still far from a shoe - in . God luck to him....A top Manager !...I hope he knocks around for a few years yet

Guest Guest

Poss for 2009 ??? Def....But he is still far from a shoe - in . God luck to him....A top Manager !...I hope he knocks around for a few years yet

Really? You don't think he'll die in the next 72 hours? Oh thanks, genius.

Really? You don't think he'll die in the next 72 hours? Oh thanks, genius.

Well...I would never claim to be a genius ...however dear Guest , there has been a lot of speculation as to Bobbys chances re a 2008 hit . I was simply offering an opinion.

shoe - in

No, no, no

It's 'shoo in,' summat we've discussed before hereabouts.

Guest drabux
shoe - in

No, no, no

It's 'shoo in,' summat we've discussed before hereabouts.

Bobby is a 'dead' cert for 2009.

Bobby is a 'dead' cert for 2009.

I hope not . Apart from the fact that he is a nice man , he isn't one of my picks :lol:

Sir Bobby was well enough to brave the cold and attend the Tyne-Wear derby yesterday, although on the odd occasion the camera panned across him in the crowd, he appeared gaunt and very, very frail. Sadly, I don't think he's going to see 2010.

Sir Bobby was well enough to brave the cold and attend the Tyne-Wear derby yesterday, although on the odd occasion the camera panned across him in the crowd, he appeared gaunt and very, very frail. Sadly, I don't think he's going to see 2010.

my god he looked ill . i wish he wouldnt wear that hat he's starting to look like Freddy Kruger

my god he looked ill . i wish he wouldnt wear that hat he's starting to look like Freddy Kruger

How do you know he isn't Freddy?