1 minute ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Anyone fancy it? 

There are very very few people who meet the criteria for this challenging role.

However at the last count there were approximately 20 million people who expressed vehemently in comments to national newspapers and on social media that they personally are far better qualified than the previous incumbent.

Good luck vetting that number of application forms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Anyone fancy it? 

https://careers.thefa.com/jobs/vacancy/england-mens-senior-team-head-coach-nfcsgp0377-national-football-centre-st-georges-park/2137/description/

We are currently overseeing a highly targeted process to appoint the next Head Coach of the England Men's Senior Team.

Our succession planning process has already identified a number of candidates; in addition to this we are committed to open recruitment processes in the football industry and are interested in hearing from individuals who meet the following criteria:

THE ROLE

• Lead and develop the England senior men's team to win a major tournament and be consistently ranked as one of the top teams in the world.
  • Provide inspiring leadership to a world class, multi-disciplinary technical team based at St. George's Park.
  • Develop and maintain strong relationships with clubs who employ English qualified players.

THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE

• Will hold a UEFA Pro License.
  • Will have significant experience of English football, with a strong track record delivering results in the Premier League and/or leading international competitions.
  • Will be an exceptional leader who understands and will enjoy the international football environment.
  • Will be experienced in successfully identifying, managing and developing English qualified players.
  • Will be highly resilient and comfortable in a very high-profile role with intense public scrutiny.
  • Will have a track record of creating a high performing, positive team culture and environment.
  • Will have strong personal values and integrity and understand and embrace the role that the England Men's Senior Team Head Coach has inspiring the nation.

OUR VALUES

• Aim HIGH
  • Achieve TOGETHER
  • Embrace DIFFERENCE

Should you want to register your interest and you meet the criteria above, please do this via email to mannie.neville@thefa.com

This is a private address, and should you meet all the criteria you will receive a response.

I don't have the UEFA License thing or a track record in the football sphere but I've watched Ted Lasso three times. Also, the Euros and the World Cup are the only times I watch any football, which gives me a fresh, new perspective the team are crying out for. And, I'm willing to do the job for a grand or two less than Gareth Southgate. Might send in my application.

8 minutes ago, En Passant said:

20 million people who expressed vehemently in comments to national newspapers and on social media that they personally are far better qualified than the previous incumbent

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

Might send in my application.

Check, 20 million and one.

• Haha 2

Just get Cantona in and the World  Cup is ours. 

29 minutes ago, TQR said:

I don't have the UEFA License thing or a track record in the football sphere but I've watched Ted Lasso three times. Also, the Euros and the World Cup are the only times I watch any football, which gives me a fresh, new perspective the team are crying out for. And, I'm willing to do the job for a grand or two less than Gareth Southgate. Might send in my application.

I also don't have whatever this license thing is but I'm absolutely exceptional at identifying the talent in the English Premier League - I'm still a bit ropey with their actual names but I'm confident I could give a good enough description such that the clubs would know who I'm talking about when I'm trying to pick the players for my final squad.

I'd do absolutely everything I could to get my hands on a big trophy. Ideally, it would be Cole Palmer's or Phil Foden's.

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cv2gx8vzdpgo

Eddie Howe semmingly ruled out. 

No he isn't. He says he's committed to Newcastle. I should hope he is, otherwise sack him right now. You don't show your hand until somebody shows interest. It's all hypothetical until England ask for permission to speak to him. Depending of their and his reaction, only at this point will he need to make a decision. Until then, focus on the job you've got, not the job you might fancy. And he actually might not want it, but it's still too early to say.

In other news, heard a rumour that one outfit interested in the newly unemployed Southgate might be the USA national squad. With their joint hosting of 2026 World Cup coming up and their international record middling, I could see that working. If nothing else, he'd likely make them hard to beat. Language wouldn't be much of a problem!

36 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

In other news, heard a rumour that one outfit interested in the newly unemployed Southgate might be the USA national squad. With their joint hosting of 2026 World Cup coming up and their international record middling, I could see that working. If nothing else, he'd likely make them hard to beat. Language wouldn't be much of a problem!

I can't see that he wants to swap one international job for another, especially another with a lot of scrutiny given a home world cup in the next few years. But we'll see...

40 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

The American squad is a bit of a toxic mess 

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The American squad is a bit of a toxic mess 

Bit like England eight years back, then, recovering from the management of Big Sam

Tbh, it was a rumour and I'm thinking Southgate might feel the need of a break, and isn't short of cash if he has to rely on the savings for a while!