On 17/08/2024 at 15:23, time said:

The price of coffee.

I'm not talking about your Starbucks or Costa coffees (if you're stupid enough to drink coffee in those places you deserve to be ripped off), but the price of ground coffee in supermarkets. On my  last visit to Tesco (other supermarkets are as bad) my preferred coffee has increased in price by 28%.

I know bad weather has affected the harvest but 28% increase is taking the piss.

The reason for the sharp increase in price is that there is a worldwide shortage of coffee.

The main cause of this is @Sir Creepstockpiling the stuff to pay off all his debts on this site.

(I want my 10lb of coffee :evil:)

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

The new Google search AI feature, not only does it only give accurate information 50% of the time but it looks awful.

On a similar note, that new Google Gemini ad. Specifically the man who says 'wowwwwwwww' because he generated a fake picture of a 'kersploosh' (whatever that is). Makes me want to slam the lid of his laptop really hard on his fingers over and over until he's saying 'wowwwww' for a very different reason. 

Tesco pricing in general.

I do my parents shopping for them as they can't cope with supermarkets. But the big Tescos I've noticed that the price match is utter con.

For example- Carrs cheese biscuits. Were £1.25 on a Aldi price match for weeks if not months. This week- that's ended. But they are now on a Club card special price of £2.00. So a special price increase of 60%

Robbing liars. 

• Like 1

On 20/08/2024 at 05:44, Philheybrookbay1 said:

Tesco pricing in general.

I do my parents shopping for them as they can't cope with supermarkets. But the big Tescos I've noticed that the price match is utter con.

For example- Carrs cheese biscuits. Were £1.25 on a Aldi price match for weeks if not months. This week- that's ended. But they are now on a Club card special price of £2.00. So a special price increase of 60%

Robbing liars. 

Go to Waitrose around 5-6pm and their reduced section can have bargains. Especially with meat.

Somebody reported TV presenter Kirstie Allsop to social services for allowing her 15 year old to go travelling in Europe. He's now 16 anyway. Jesus H Christ on a bike, the things I was doing at 15.

No wonder this country has no money, it's spending it on this senseless shite.

• Like 2

Train tickets.

Convenient Train Ticket.jpg

• Like 4

Kitchen foil.

Used to line the grill pan with this and it caught all the drippings from fatty foods like bacon and burgers, so the pan stayed clean for longer.

Now the foil seems to be porous as the grease goes right through it.  Even the so-called strong foil.

When did this change and why?

Oldies TV channels using newly filmed videos. This was mildly annoying back in the 80s and 90s when they just shoved a bunch of stock video footage together. But with the explosion of the Now... channels, why is Jack Quaid in the video CCR's "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?"? It came out 21 years before he was born. And using "kinetic lyrics videos" for songs by The Real Thing or Billy Ocean like this was 2011 YouTube, get to fuck.