themaninblack

The Next Piper At The Gates Of Heaven

Who's next to take the last trip?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Oink Flood have their own thread. Waters and Gilmour aren’t pipers at the gates of heaven, they’re businessmen at the door of their bank manager.

I think Gilmour is a property developer now.

Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour selling custom-built Hove seafront ...

Yours for £10,000,000. (Down from £15M)

On 10/08/2023 at 09:18, Vinegar Tits said:

It's A Beautiful Day were a great band - as with so many, screwed over by Matthew Katz, and their debut album cover is one of the classics of its genre. RIP.

According to this Facebook post, controversial music manager Matthew Katz (wiki) (Moby Grape, It's A Beautiful Day, Jefferson Airplane) died on September 30, 2023, aged 93.

Unsurprisingly, no obit posted anywhere. Not a very popular individual.

1516956922925.jpeg.fc7ce76f32c13cd684f12fff85dd1bbd.jpeg

Edit: Here is the original FB post from his niece.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Chris Karrer, co-founder of the Amon Düül commune and a member of the related and much more commercially successful project Amon Düül II, is reported dead in a Facebook post.

https://www.facebook.com/luud.noma/posts/pfbid02p38ZWq964w5YpGSJ4SrBFTuVf6YSyqHzAPLcC51geeP6bued2xGtTJNZ5qGwZAGwl

Saw Amon Duul II at Stirling Uni back in the day. I was really into  German bands like them, Can who I also saw at Stirling Uni, Faust and Neu!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, justonecornetto said:

Saw Amon Duul II at Stirling Uni back in the day. I was really into  German bands like them, Can who I also saw at Stirling Uni, Faust and Neu!

Can't say I saw any of them sadly but I just saw Embryo playing a few months ago and they were pretty great!

• Like 1

Dave Brock talking to the Telegraph, has newly diagnosed heart condition and has to keep the marijuana in check because of "chestiness" - some suggestion that the next 11 date tour depends on his next angiogram (I've already got a ticket for New Day where they're scheduled to headline Saturday) - he's 83 in August, three days after headlining New Day

434397630_10224128379625964_271247071698

• Like 2

Update to the above - not entirely clear from the statement but Hawkwind's social media seems convinced Brock's struggling to the point the band are carrying him now and the decision has been made to honour the existing tour dates and knock the live work on the head after A New Day (17 Aug) which is the final date on the current list. He celebrates his 83rd three days after he plays his last encore.

Last chance to see, then, though the man has a home studio and a contract with Cherry Red, so the albums are likely to keep coming.

434074267_10163647392034502_519611043313

• Like 1

Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone last night played a track by National Health and mentioned the death of Jimmy Hastings, brother of Pye Hastings and man about prog, jazz and a few other places - like playing on Radiohead's Amnesiac album. Sax, Flute and that kind of thing.

In good form here - he's the flute on Love Song with Flute: