Sign in to follow this  
Tempus Fugit

Anonymous In Life...

Patricia Ramsey the mother of murdered child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey,

has died aged 49 from ovarian cancer.

Good.

JonBenet was named after her father, with the name pronounced in a French-inspired manner as zhawn-ben-AY. She followed her mother into beauty pageants, learning how to walk, gesture and perform and collecting a wardrobe of elaborate costumes, including that of a Las Vegas showgirl and a cowgirl.

jonbenet288x3583nt.th.jpg

"I love being dragged out of bed at the crack of dawn and spending six hours sitting still whilst having my hair and face done. Such fun! Being paraded in front of a bunch of filthy old paedophiles is the icing on the cake."

Poor child. Only in America, eh? :D

Too bad it wasn't strangulation then she would have better appreciated the torture she put her daughter through.

Too bad it wasn't strangulation then she would have better appreciated the torture she put her daughter through.

For once, I actually agree with you BC!

Reading this article about Jean Charles de Menezes made me think of all the people who've only become well-known after death. Some of them have even become "household names" - Holly & Jessica, Suzy Lamplugh, etc

I wonder if it would be possible to contrive one's own death in order to achieve fame from beyond the grave.

Committing suicide by some bizarre method might do the trick. Getting yourself murdered might work too.

Any thoughts or ideas on what would be the best way to achieve posthumous fame?

Reading this article about Jean Charles de Menezes made me think of all the people who've only become well-known after death. Some of them have even become "household names" - Holly & Jessica, Suzy Lamplugh, etc

I wonder if it would be possible to contrive one's own death in order to achieve fame from beyond the grave.

Committing suicide by some bizarre method might do the trick. Getting yourself murdered might work too.

Become a suicide bomber.

Become a suicide bomber.

They only have "fleeting" fame. I was thinking of something more long-lasting.

Become a suicide bomber.

They only have "fleeting" fame. I was thinking of something more long-lasting.

Ok. A suicide bomber who kills a world leader.

You could go on a shooting spree.

People like Michael Ryan was a complete nobody until he decided to walk out on to the streets of Hungerford that day in 1987

- suicide bomber (although you'd need to be a ring leader, like Mohammed Atta, and they all have those confusing-sounding Arabic names)

- presidential assassin (but you'd have to get killed instantly whilst committing the act)

I think the folk singer Nick Drake would be a good example of this. He received virtually zero publicity during his life and zero record sales either for that matter. Yet now, his music is widely owned and he much revered.

Ditto Eva Cassiday.

I've a couple of suggestions...

For you skim-readers, I've highlighted the salient words.

Run towards the space shuttle, seconds from launch (ok, hard to achieve I know), handcuff yourself onto one of the supporting struts, then when the engines fired you'd be burned to a crisp, live on telly in front of millions of people.

Failing that, how about constructing a portable guillotine, withdrawing all your savings in small-denomination bank notes, taking them to [insert very busy street here, possibly Oxford Street on Christmas eve, or Times Square on New Year's eve], set the guillotine up, throw the money all around so there's a stampede, preferably blocking traffic and then chop your own head off. You'd at least make page 2 of the local press :lol:

I think the folk singer Nick Drake would be a good example of this. He received virtually zero publicity during his life and zero record sales either for that matter. Yet now, his music is widely owned and he much revered.

Ditto Eva Cassiday.

I could never work out what was so great about Eva Cassiday, ok she had a nice singing voice. But no one had ever heard of her until her parents would appear on GMTV plugging a cd of her songs and playing her version of "Somewhere over the rainbow" over and over again

Start killing celebrities in the name of deadpoolers everywhere.

Or, for you under 50s, put yourself on your own DDP as a joker. Then, go on a wild shooting/killing spree in a populated area, making sure that when the police arrive, you shoot yourself (or, alternatively, leave a note saying that your actions were meant as a suicide-by-cop maneuver).

Then, you're not only guaranteed an obit, but you've just earned yourself 14 points on the DDP and entered DDP history!

Strapping some explosives onto yourself, going on the London Eye, getting to the top and blowing yourself up in your glass bubble carriage thing. On New Year's eve. (maybe with a huge bag of anthrax spores; that would almost guarantee notoriety)

londoneyesmallbigbenzv6.jpg

Become a sh*t artist who never sells anything, become mad, cut off an ear lobe, shoot yourself in the head and then you become one of the worlds most famous artists.

Thus we have Vincent Van Gough.

Become a sh*t artist who never sells anything, become mad, cut off an ear lobe, shoot yourself in the head and then you become one of the worlds most famous artists.

There insanity could have well been there genius. Certain events trigger greatness.

Their insanity could have well been their genius. Certain events trigger greatness.

I can assure you, my fingers are crossed for you, Banshees. :lol:

Their insanity could have well been their genius. Certain events trigger greatness.

I can assure you, my fingers are crossed for you, Banshees. :lol:

Whisper - I don't know what to make of this.

Become a track marshall at a poorly run racing circuit, the spectacular end of such a man has been discussed off and on the F1 thread.

Become a track marshall at a poorly run racing circuit, the spectacular end of such a man has been discussed off and on the F1 thread.

Clearly what i'm about to say is off topic, so I expect Star Crossed coming around anytime now to post a couple pages of 'Quality Post Rules' but what the hell.

Dear Maryportfuncity

If you think in any way, that you will pull ahead of me on the all time posting list, i'm here to tell you that you are dead wrong.

Clearly what i'm about to say is off topic, so I expect Star Crossed coming around anytime now to post a couple pages of 'Quality Post Rules' but what the hell.

Dear Maryportfuncity

If you think in any way, that you will pull ahead of me on the all time posting list, i'm here to tell you that you are dead wrong.

Does this mean a posting war, Mr. Scream?

Just like the good old days. :lol:

Dear Maryportfuncity

Does this mean a posting war, Mr. Scream?

Just like the good old days. :lol:

This will try to be avoided, if I can't compromise were going to f****n war.

I feel a little hurt that you thought you needed the last line.

For once, I actually agree with you BC!

Will you still agree when you've read this? :D

Federal authorities confirmed Wednesday that an arrest has been made in the unsolved 1996 slaying of JonBenet Ramsey. Federal law enforcement sources said a suspect is in custody in Bangkok, Thailand, where he's being held on unrelated sex charges

• Like 1