IKYWN

Richard Hammond

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_y...ire/5365676.stm

Top Gear presenter hurt in crash

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond is in a critical condition in hospital after a crash in a jet-powered car while filming for the programme.

The presenter, 36, was taken by air ambulance to a Leeds hospital which has a special neurological unit.

A North Yorkshire Ambulance Service spokesman said he was unconscious when they got to the scene but was regaining consciousness at the hospital.

A BBC spokesman confirmed the presenter had been injured during a shoot.

Now if he hangs on a couple of months he could be a good bet for 2007

• Like 1

Good spot but it's a bit early to tell. The regaining consciousness bit so quickly suggests he'll recover, perhaps not completely. As OoO and Lawro will tell you, there are a few people around - like Mika Hakinen - who've had a lengthy sleep after piling up a car but recovered afterwards.

Those wacky Top Gear presenters obviously took things a stage too far for their TV fun and games.

I hope he recovers and learns a lesson from this incident.

Don't f*ck about with jet powered cars!

Why couldn't it have been that arsehole Jeremy Clarkson?

Why couldn't it have been that arsehole Jeremy Clarkson?

Because he is my hero!

JC for Prime Minister.

According to the news on television tonight it could be well serious, the air ambulance summoned passed a couple of other hospitals on the way to landing at the nearest teaching hospital where yer man now resides in the neuro unit.

In other words, they decided right away to treat him as a possible serious brain damage case.

I was thinking 'what are the chances' of Hammond dying two days ago whilst watching that Brainiac programme.

I suppose we are about to find out...

Guest Legume

Of course he may be preserved in a persistent vegetative state. In which case he may well qualify as the world's fastest cabbage. Some claim.

I hope he's ok.

And one thing. I find it pretty sick with you lot. 'Oh yeah, good find' and all this. I know this is a death theme forum but why on earth was this started in the first place? Are you all morbid people who live alone or something? Or do you have normal lives where you go to work, read the kids a story at night then come on here and talk about death? Talk about opposites.

And I only joined out of curiousty. I'm not a regular poster. The only things I do mention is how blunt you are with people's lives and when you blocked a topic of mine.

I hope he's ok.

And one thing. I find it pretty sick with you lot. 'Oh yeah, good find' and all this. I know this is a death theme forum but why on earth was this started in the first place? Are you all morbid people who live alone or something? Or do you have normal lives where you go to work, read the kids a story at night then come on here and talk about death? Talk about opposites.

And I only joined out of curiousty. I'm not a regular poster. The only things I do mention is how blunt you are with people's lives and when you blocked a topic of mine.

Shut up.

Good spot but it's a bit early to tell.

Quite. I'm not sure of the "good spot" as such because if he dies of his injuries it'll almost certainly be in the next few hours/days and so his death won't be of any use to deathlist.net for this year. If he doesn't recover it could take years for him to fade away.

However, his accident, and Steve Irwin's recent death, has highlighted that well-known TV personalities who do dangerous things could be worth considering in the future. There's a fair few who do crazy and not-so crazy stunts - not just the Jackass guys - that would only take an accident...

If he does die it'll sound the death knell for Top Gear - surely they couldn't continue to make a programme about how fun it is to drive fast when one of the hosts has carked it in exactly that manner.

I hope he pulls through personally - a few months ago I did some work for him due to his laptop being kaputt and he was really nice, very funny and brightened up my day no end.

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I hope Richard makes a full recovery.

Guest Guest

Hi Bijou,

I was going to reply sensibly to this post. But then I read in your posting history that you don't want Roger Taylor and Brian May dead. So I fear there's no helping you.

I wanted to try, really I did.

Alphonsin

PS: What, out of interest, was the topic you wanted to discuss, but which you were apparently prevented from doing so. I pray it wasn't the relative "merits" of various Queen B-sides...

I hope he's ok.

Just heard on the TV that Richard was hoping to break the British land speed record of 300.3 mph; it appears that he either matched or beat it. So I guess if mr Hammond doesn't recover, friends and family and console themselves with the thought that, actually, it was all a great success and he didn't just waste himself in a fantastic underlining of quite how stupid people are.

• Like 1

I hope he gets better.

Will a few new ones of these help?

Might be handy for the music at his funeral.

Hi Bijou,

I was going to reply sensibly to this post. But then I read in your posting history that you don't want Roger Taylor and Brian May dead. So I fear there's no helping you.

I wanted to try, really I did.

Alphonsin

PS: What, out of interest, was the topic you wanted to discuss, but which you were apparently prevented from doing so. I pray it wasn't the relative "merits" of various Queen B-sides...

I hope he's ok.

And why would I want Brian May and Roger Taylor dead exactly? Are they terrosists, murderers, kidnappers? No. They are musicians. I don't need your 'hounourable' sensible reply thank you very much.

• Like 1

I don't need your 'hounourable' sensible reply thank you very much.

Who mentioned "honourable"? You are clearly a moron. Have a nice day and keep taking the tablets :)

Oh, and by the way Brian May and Roger Taylor *are* terrorists.

Who mentioned "honourable"? You are clearly a moron. Have a nice day and keep taking the tablets :)

I think the medication you're on is starting to wear off if you think that. See? Your posts aren't even correct and you tell me where to go. I bet if you asked someone from the public who seems more normal, me or you, they definitely wouldn't say you. Who has an unhealthy appetite for death.

I think the medication you're on is starting to wear off if you think that. See? Your posts aren't even correct and you tell me where to go. I bet if you asked someone from the public who seems more normal, me or you, they definitely wouldn't say you. Who has an unhealthy appetite for death.

Bijou. I can't work out if you're either stupid or some kind of masochist who likes being shouted at on this forum or incredibly lonely and this is the only interaction you get. Probably a combination of all three.

Bijou. I can't work out if you're either stupid or some kind of masochist who likes being shouted at on this forum or incredibly lonely and this is the only interaction you get. Probably a combination of all three.

I belive Bijou is a stupid masochist troll.

They are generally quite easy to spot....they have pictures of "cute little dogs" as their avatars!

So you think that hanging around on a forum about a subject you find so incredibly distasteful makes you normal? Normal people would go for stuff that interests them I should think.

Most people here can appreciate that death is something that happens to us all, and it's only in recent history that humanity has decided to try and shield itself from death or even discussing it, meaning that most people aren't emotionally equipped to deal with it these days. To the point where to even discuss it is considered bad form, and it's always euphemised e.g. 'passed away', 'gone to a better place' etc. PEOPLE DIE! ALL OF THEM!

Plus you can't take even a tiny joke about Queen, as you choose to think that the 'threats' made on this site to kill Roger and Brian are real*; although if Brian thinks 'Too much love can kill you' god knows what he thinks too much of his solo work can do to a chap. Truly there are some fates worse than death.

If only too much hair could kill you eh? ps that was a joke, I don't expect you to find it funny (join the ever growing club) but can you at least tell that the above wasn't a serious death threat I just made?

Did you have a bad xmas & new year, I notice you joined here on 1st January. Hangovers can make us all consider our own mortality I guess...

Right, I'm off to the Royal forums to be outraged by their pro-royalist ways....

*Breaking Brian's fingers and Roger's arms should be enough, no need to overdo it eh?

Good spot but it's a bit early to tell. The regaining consciousness bit so quickly suggests he'll recover, perhaps not completely. As OoO and Lawro will tell you, there are a few people around - like Mika Hakinen - who've had a lengthy sleep after piling up a car but recovered afterwards.

Yes, the most famous being Stirling Moss, who was in a coma for a month following his 'unexplained' accident in a Lotus (well, it's not as if Lotuses were prone to have bits fall off them) at Goodwood in 1962. No point asking Sir Stirling about it though, he can't remember a thing. I guess that's what happens when half your brain detatches itself from your skull...

• Like 2