Rotten Ali

Poll - Number 10 - Who Will It Be?

Who's going to be number 10?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's gotta be Gerry. I'm reliably informed his death is 'imminent'.

I'm listening. Tell me the story... I want to hear all about it.

It's gotta be Gerry. I'm reliably informed his death is 'imminent'.

I'm listening. Tell me the story... I want to hear all about it.

Royce, our dear departed friend Iain must have used the word 'imminent' many times in many of his many posts in the Gerald Ford thread. Given that the aforequoted guest 'Stan the Man' is most probably an esteemed ex-member, I felt a playful jibe would suit both the spirit and intent of the thread. Thank you for missing the point entirely.

There are so many chugging along merrily on the list who could drop suddenly and surprise no-one. I have the feeling it will be one of those next.

Of the more predictable candidates, Gerald Ford, Lady Bird J, Claude L-S and Pinochet are all good bets.

I haven't voted yet. I'll be back soon to let you know what the veritas in the vino has told me.

I hate to be a downer but I predict that the Deathlist 2006 is over. No more deaths! That should be an option...

Guest Paul Fairbanks

I vote for Gerald Ford. The life of Mr. Ford is very close of end.

I vote for Gerald Ford. The life of Mr. Ford is very close of end.

Whispers of truth. You know sometimes when I look at the 'Last Click' which shows what others are viewing, I think 'The thread that they are looking at' It is just a hint in the shadows of who will die next.

I voted for the Wicked Witch of Grantham. If it were not for hope, the heart would break.

Thank you for missing the point entirely.

I guess I just wasn't looking that closely. I didn't know the word 'imminent'' was property to Iain, but he did say it, more then many, so i'll allow you to accuse my judgement.

Shurley shome mishtake? You don't mean Gerald Ford (Dr.) of coffee shop fame?!

Gallo will be next to face the vine-al countdown.

And if you think that pun's bad, try his Chenin Blanc.

That's made up my mind for me. In the interests of the veritas in the vino I have voted for Mr Gallo.

I voted for Dino de Laurentiis purely because I've never heard of him and I'd prefer someone to pass off quietly rather someone uber famous such as Liz Taylor or Maggie Thatcher coz it'd be in the news forever! :lol:

Just in case some wise guy tries to mess with the poll, no one guessed Milton Friedman, which isn't surprising given that there were no reports of ill health.

Just in case some wise guy tries to mess with the poll, no one guessed Milton Friedman, which isn't surprising given that there were no reports of ill health.

There were no reports at all on him. I think the only recent thing on Friedman was an article he wrote just a couple of months ago that I posted a link to.

There were no reports at all on him. I think the only recent thing on Friedman was an article he wrote just a couple of months ago that I posted a link to.

Galbraith & Freidman in the same year, two economists for the price of one, very prudent, I'm sure Gord would concord with that... :)

All the same Paulie; Miltie was on the short list of deathables so it can't really be that big a surprise now can it be?

Sides which he was a right-wing conservative sort of chap so the election last week may have been too much for his 94 year old geriatric heart...or maybe just the facty wacty that he was 94...

All the same Paulie; Miltie was on the short list of deathables so it can't really be that big a surprise now can it be?

Sides which he was a right-wing conservative sort of chap so the election last week may have been too much for his 94 year old geriatric heart...or maybe just the facty wacty that he was 94...

You're right, it's not a surprise. Hence my line that it isn't surprising

Furthermore, the point was that people were unlikely to choose him on this poll because of a lack of news, not that he was unlikely to die.

You're right, it's not a surprise. Hence my line that it isn't surprising

Furthermore, the point was that people were unlikely to choose him on this poll because of a lack of news, not that he was unlikely to die.

Hmmm if lack of news is a good factor in someone's impending demise, does that mean we're very likely to get lucky with Gallo? :)

Isn't Gallileo dead?

Isn't Gallileo dead?

ermmm yes, he died 364 years ago. I was referring to Ernest Gallo as being our next hit :)