Rotten Ali

2007 Deathlist picks

Tim Johnson is also questionable. :P

Well Tim has his own Wiki page, here

So that's good enough for me. :P

Chewie

as does Ruby

I have my own Wiki page here. I hope this doesn't mean I'll find myself on next year's List. :)

I see no problem in having candidates whom I have not heard of personally. It makes for more interesting discussion throughout the year.

I was wondering if, perhaps, Betty Ford would have been included, had Gerald not died? I considered her for some of my own teams but decided against, despite her 91 years. Too many elderly American ladies just go on and on.

Why in buggering hell isn't Lee Hazlewood on the list?

Who?

Does that answer your question Tempus??

I'd have to admit to not having heard of him - but he does appear to be a good bet I'll agree with that.

I'd have to admit to not having heard of him - but he does appear to be a good bet I'll agree with that.

I too have never heard of him .

And anyway,I think that the 2007 Deathlist HAS to be a little bit bigger than most Lists/games . All 50 picks need to be more than just "a little bit famous"....Even Ruby whatsername is famous to me . And if I was a Halibut (and most people are)...she would be the most famous of the 50 !

I have my own Wiki page here. I hope this doesn't mean I'll find myself on next year's List. :)

Hehe. I don't think Wike user pages are that dangerous. If they were W90 would have been on the list. :P

I was wondering if, perhaps, Betty Ford would have been included, had Gerald not died? I considered her for some of my own teams but decided against, despite her 91 years. Too many elderly American ladies just go on and on.

I agree, although the 'dies within year of spouses death' effect seems to be real, in widowers more so than widows. I suppose that having a busy social life helps to avoid it.

regards,

Hein

More importantly, why no Charlton Heston? Almost as likely to die, but 10 times more famous.

More importantly, why no Charlton Heston? Almost as likely to die, but 10 times more famous.

Charlton Heston was discussed at the committee meeting but somehow just didn't make it to the list - I think we felt he was a bit of a youngster at just 83 although perhaps we didn't give due consideration to his collection of diseases.

And anyway,I think that the 2007 Deathlist HAS to be a little bit bigger than most Lists/games . All 50 picks need to be more than just "a little bit famous"....Even Ruby whatsername is famous to me . And if I was a Halibut (and most people are)...she would be the most famous of the 50 !

The Nation of Islam has got bugger all to do with mainstream Islam.

Most Halibuts think it's a joke.

but famous non the less ?

The Nation of Islam has got bugger all to do with mainstream Islam.

Most Halibuts think it's a joke.

but famous non the less ?

Is she bollocks.

I like your style and polite turn of phrase.....legal profession ? :party:

No need to be offensive Grobler.

Unique Google hits for Ruby Muhammad = 675

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=...amp;btnG=Search

What a joke. :party:

Unique hits for Lee Hazlewood 1,060,000.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...ee+hazlewood%22

Aha, Argumentum ad Googlam, the youngest child of Argumentum ad Populum. :party:

regards,

Hein

sorry if I was offensive TF.....didn't mean to be . Insinuating that someone was a member of the legal profession might be construed as a compliment .

x million google "hits" is no measure of famousness (but thanks for the links)...I have now found out how "famous" Lee (Mr Entertainment) Hazlewood is.... :party:

Fame is somewhat relative. If you listen to a certain type of music, you'll probably know who Lee Hazelwood is. If not, you won't. If either as an observer or a participant you're involved in Nation of Islam, you may have heard of Ruby Muhammad. The difference is, are there more people out there who are involved with said crooner or Nation of Islam?

Fame is somewhat relative. If you listen to a certain type of music, you'll probably know who Lee Hazelwood is. If not, you won't. If either as an observer or a participant you're involved in Nation of Islam, you may have heard of Ruby Muhammad. The difference is, are there more people out there who are involved with said crooner or Nation of Islam?

But 675 hits is utterly pathetic, she shouldn't be on the list it's a bloody disgrace.

DeathList is demeaning itself.

I agree, it was a cheap shot, especially with Charlton Heston ripe for the picking. Tim Johnson is only 60...

But it's not our DL, it's GRs. We heavily criticized last year's list, and it turned out to be the second best ever... so we should see how it goes.

But 675 hits is utterly pathetic, she shouldn't be on the list it's a bloody disgrace.

I agree, it was a cheap shot, especially with Charlton Heston ripe for the picking. Tim Johnson is only 60...

But it's not our DL, it's GRs. We heavily criticized last year's list, and it turned out to be the second best ever... so we should see how it goes.

We should have had at least 15 hits last year.

Ruby Muhammad may well be a hit but a very poor quality one. As you say when Heston was left off how did she get on.

Tim Johnson is also a disgrace, an obscure Senator who has only come to prominence because his death would alter the balance of power in the Senate.

I still think Ruby Whatsherface is famous ...I can see her now....(maybe thats only because I spend all my time on Derby Dead Pool... :party: )

Lee Hazelwood is a nobody...with a silly name .

Tim Johnson is also a nobody.....not sure I agree with him being on the list...but hey....its not our list , is it boys !

this series of comments from someone who argues volleyball is a more popular world sport than football....

Guest Guest

this series of comments from someone who argues volleyball is a more popular world sport than football....

DeathList R.I.P

1987 - 2007

[Come on, drama queen, identify yourself. If you don't, I will -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Balls to the naysayers say I, a good list is one that will provoke healthy debate, artful comment, ribald humour and almost as an afterthought, a good harvest of cadavers. If you're looking for a more succesful (i.e. more hits) list, then make your own and run it in the DDP. There's plenty of meat on the DL 2007 with religious nutters to keep the godly ranters flowing, 2 'nearly-good' (nearly-dead) Nazis, some communists, some pop-culture icons and Dunn.

Here's to a healthy 2007 for the Deathlist, if not for the runners and riders.

First of all Betty Ford was born in 1918 thus making her 89 next Birthday. That's if you believe Wikipedia.

I fear that Deathlist has made but one error. If I'm not mistaken, the top 20 are entered as a DDP team. Given that 5 are over 100 (as well as the host of cheating bastards entering this year), I think we will get a good kicking in the DDP.

Mind you, most of the candidates are over 90 anyway...

Objection your honour! He sold out the Royal Festival Hall in London a couple of years ago (yes, I was there), wrote some of the biggest hits of the '60's and has become a significant cult figure for his eccentric solo albums. He'll have broadsheet obits as long as yer arm.

Lee Hazelwood is a nobody...with a silly name .

Ruby Muhammad may well be a hit but a very poor quality one.

Oh FFS Tempus, get off your high horse. What a ridiculous argument. The name of the game is total number of deaths - there aren't extra points for style or form. There never have been, and likely never will be.

There's absolutely no difference between the candidates this year as compared to any other year; wasn't there a year when one of the candidates was "any one of the Beatles"? You're here for just over a year and you deem yourself the expert? Give me a break!

I remember at the start of last year everyone was whinging and moaning about the choices, and as afore-noted it wound up being the 2nd best year ever. F*ck that they weren't extravagant picks - they died, and that's all that mattered. Gerald Ford was hardly topping the charts of drama and intrigue, but so what? A graduate is a graduate.

I don't think Ruby is going to die this year (as noted in that other thread where I said just this) but that doesn't mean I don't think she's a reasonable and totally acceptable choice - she's a zillion years old FFS.