Windsor

Derby Dead Pool 2007

One thing I did notice now the scores are updated, is that Go Fish has made the top 10, without picking Josie Grove OR the two Iraqis. Good to see that, but I'm not taking a sanctiminous view as, after all, I picked the two Iraqis anyway.

I need that bloody Ruesch obit to get back in the top 10, cos even though DDT & Faster Pussycat, Kill, Kill, Kill will go above when all their people get executed, I still make it I would be tenth.... if it comes soon. All I can do is wait & hope, as I'm not going to e-mail all round like some candidates have done.

Oh.. I'm now behind Canadian Paul on the scoreboard. What a disaster, a black, black day. :D:P

And well done to the person who picked Sir Tasker Watkins. Suprisingly, the all Welsh DDP team didn't pick him....

OoO it's just a game lad. No-one gets hurt, apart from maybe one or two of the picks. As someone who can be sanctimonious (JG) and hypocritical (picking the two unmemorable Iraqis) I think Go Fish is to be applauded, certainly holier than me and far more skilful.

There ought to be a song about him:

He's a deadpool wizard

There's got to be a twist

A deadpool wizard

He's got such a stunning list

How do you think he does it?

(I don't know)

What makes him so good?

He ain't got no distractions

Ignores the crappest posts

Don't see Banshees screaming

Plays by sense of smell

Always gets a high score

Never cheats at all

That clued up Go Fish

Sure plays a mean deadpool

Jane Wyman's death means STAB_in_the_DARK takes the lead, with 93 points.

Oh for f**k sake.

Will DDT take the lead when the Bali bombers are executed? I'm thinking about taking a policy U-turn...

This is turning into a gripping battle of the big guns of deadpooling - Football Fan vs Rotten Ali.

I'm well out of it in 59th (maybe I should have picked those Iraqis), so I'm sitting back to see how that fascinating race

is progressing. Could go all the way to the last day...... :unsure:

Guest Guest

More points for rotten ali on his shadow list.

If Castro & Sharon were already dead, then it would be 106.

More points for rotten ali on his shadow list.

I can deal with that. I had her on my shadow list too.

Edit: No I didn't.

Did I get another hit?

Blinking heck!

I must be in the lead then!

That took some doing getting past FF - but how long will it be till he gets another hit 'cus he still has 4 posible 1st raters to do it for him?

This is turning into a gripping battle of the big guns of deadpooling - Football Fan vs Rotten Ali.

I'm well out of it in 59th (maybe I should have picked those Iraqis), so I'm sitting back to see how that fascinating race is progressing. Could go all the way to the last day...... :huh:

If the Bali Bombers are executed, it's a three way race, and Anubis can't be ruled out either as he has some good and different picks to the top two. Certainly makes it a bit more lively up front than someone just running away with it.

I'll be happy with a place in the Top 20 by year's end, but I'm aiming for the Top 10.

More news on the Bali bombers.

This is going to be a close run thing, they're all going to get shot...but the wheels of justice in Indonesia turn so slowly, I reckon it might not happen until 2008.

A statement released today isn't exactly contrite.

"If we are executed, then our stream and drops of blood, God willing, would allow us to become the light for the faithful ones and burning hell fire for the infidels and hypocrites."

Should someone e-mail RK over Butcher, van Allen & Allen, or trust Rk's impeccable research skills or should we wait for a Hart obit first?

I think to make things even tougher next year, The Guardian should be discarded as a source. :unsure:

FF would be winning otherwise, I think.

You still think the Guardian should be discounted OoO?

Well, yes, I do actually, sort of.

It's not the obituaries like the one above I object to, it's the AP link that gives barely known (even in their own country) an obit - what Tempus pointed out a long time ago. There is a significant distinction between the two.

Anyway, please note that the comment was made in jest, hence the winkie smilie.

OoO it's just a game lad. ...

He's a deadpool wizard

There's got to be a twist

A deadpool wizard

He's got such a stunning list ...

That clued up Go Fish

Sure plays a mean deadpool

Kudos, Godot. I hardly ever read this thread, given that my DDP team are currently all probably either:-

1) in training for their next triathlon,

2) limbering up for a round of bedroom golf with a partner 50 years their junior,

3) attending a spinning class, or

4) free-diving with Tanya Streeter off the coast of Belize.

But... to follow up your laughable suggestion to OoO that it's just a game, by paraphrasing the Who in such a manner, is a display of euterpean percipience from the top drawer.

Guest Guest

Brett Somers is dead, but she still needs her UK obituary.

Guest Guest
UK obituary for Brett Somers. it's the last one at the bottom of the page.

Guest Guest

I was looking at that site and its headache-inducing colour scheme, and was wondering why someone dying on the 13th or on Christmas Day (dumb luck) gains more pts than a unique pick (all that effort of finding someone that no-one else has amongst hundreds of teams, yet still gets an obit).

I say this from an objective point of view; I don't have a DDP team.

I was looking at that site and its headache-inducing colour scheme, and was wondering why someone dying on the 13th or on Christmas Day (dumb luck) gains more pts than a unique pick (all that effort of finding someone that no-one else has amongst hundreds of teams, yet still gets an obit).

I say this from an objective point of view; I don't have a DDP team.

That's the way it goes kid. If you want to enter next year, put in a team before midnight on 01/01/2008.... :skull:

Guest Guest

Congrats to Robbo's Dead 'Uns for scoring his first hit with Ronnie Hazlehurst and his BBC obit. :skull:

Indonesia reconsidering capital punishment :unsure::banghead:

This means that the Bali bombers might not get to meet up with their 72 virgins for quite a while, if ever and I won't get my 44 DDP points.

Not happy about this at all, I was rather hoping they'd be executed this weekend.:angry:

Indonesia reconsidering capital punishment :unsure::banghead:

This means that the Bali bombers might not get to meet up with their 72 virgins for quite a while, if ever and I won't get my 44 DDP points.

Not happy about this at all, I was rather hoping they'd be executed this weekend.:angry:

44 Points! Bejesus....I hope they get suspended sentence.... ;)

Blast - there goes my lead - well done FF for picking Mehmed Uzun.