Windsor

Derby Dead Pool 2007

Isnt this a uk obit for him?

Bobby Hamilton

Apparently, no.

I'm glad you found it though - that was the "obit" that was disqualified, essentially for the reasons I listed above. So that's why I don't think the two US guys & Benny Parsons count just yet. Or that's the impression I got from RK's e-mail.

I think the point is - if it's not a permament link on "google news search", then it's unlikely to be accepted. (the two US guys, Hamilton & Parsons aren't)

Hopefully, when he has the time, RK will come on here & explain the process. Not least as he'll probably explain far better in person than I am trying to do via an e-mail.

I don't really want to get drawn into the argument of what's right and what's not. I do have great sympathy with what Tempus is saying. One of the advantages of the DDP was the risk that American picks would not get an obit. But I also have sympathy with the DDP guys in what they're trying to do and trying to balance it all out.

Also, there's too much going on in my life right now to worry about this. If No Noose for Good Noose wins, then well done to them. If they don't, then well done to whoever wins. As there's no prize, I can't see it matters too much.

I think someone said it was about respect amongst deadpoolers? Well, all I can say to TF is he'll earn more respect coming a valiant 2nd or 39th or 17th (whatever) than No Noose Is Good Noose will. I know it doesn't mean much, but it's something, surely?

I would like to thank BS for the PM informing me that I'll be lucky to get 5 hits this year...

Evaluating your team, since it is on display for everyone to see that is my best conclusion.

I would like to thank BS for the PM informing me that I'll be lucky to get 5 hits this year...

Evaluating your team, since it is on display for everyone to see that is my best conclusion.

What, are you 'Mr. Hopkins' little puppet boy are you? Tool.

I noticed some people have removed their teams from their sigs since moaning Annie had a go.

Early days but looks good from where I'm sitting.

Congats Godot on your current =1st position - long way to go and you have already done in your joker, =33rd over here and I say game on!

I noticed some people have removed their teams from their sigs since moaning Annie had a go.

Not me. But getting real Windsor, did you even have five hits last year?

Are you talking about me? :crossbone: I was just expressing my humble opinion on the matter...

I had 7 you cheeky bastard.

ie - I was speaking about SC.

I suppose that it will have to apply to you as well since you are in the same band. ;)

Sorry Windsor, I'll answer for you in this case.

Yes, he did. 8 hits in fact.

Ford, Haughey, Hussein, Pinochet, Rugova, Scott King, Shand & Tupou. If Sihanouk had buggered off, Windsor would've been in the top 10 I think.

Looking at his team this year, I would say the same amount of hits is possible, even probable.

Sorry Windsor, I'll answer for you in this case.

Yes, he did. 8 hits in fact.

Ford, Haughey, Hussein, Pinochet, Rugova, Scott King, Shand & Tupou. If Sihanouk had buggered off, Windsor would've been in the top 10 I think.

Eight? Excellent - I thought I only had 7...

I had 7. Or like actually O MY GOD! o my god o my god o my god. I had 8!

ie - I was speaking about SC.

I suppose that it will have to apply to you as well since you are in the same band. ;)

It's not that i'm saying you suck or anything, but half of your team I can't see dieing. March is a long 31 days. I don't know if you were listening but Deathlist itself has had 23 lifetime hits in the month. I expect demise.

Here's a proper obit for A. I. Bezzerides for those who are complaining about legit deaths.... :D

Former NASCAR driver Benny Parsons has died

UK obit

Congratulations to the team(s) that selected him.

Oh a Reuters news feed not an AP one, that's nice.

That Benny Parsons obituary link from the Guardian was good enough for the DDP. They have just updated their website with the deaths of Benny Parsons, Art Buchwald and Julie Winnefred Bertrand.

Godot's Choir Invisible team is still in a 4 way tie for the #1 spot on 30 points, with "Mortal Wombat", "Only Fools And Corpses" and "The Caulkhead Coffin-Kickers"

Given that so many Deathlisters have teams in the DDP could it not be possible to have an easy link to the DDp from the front page of the Deathlist? In fact a merger could would be good since the two sites do share a symbiotic relationship. I like to look at the scoreboard every day just now. :banghead:

Given that so many Deathlisters have teams in the DDP could it not be possible to have an easy link to the DDp from the front page of the Deathlist? In fact a merger could would be good since the two sites do share a symbiotic relationship. I like to look at the scoreboard every day just now. :banghead:

I think it would be a bad idea.

Incidently I'm currently in 106th place shared, near to the bottom due to alphabetical ordering. :lol:

I think it would be a bad idea.

Incidently I'm currently in 106th place shared, near to the bottom due to alphabetical ordering. :lol:

Oh to be near the bottom :) . I suppose I've got myself to blame for submitting a very mediocre effort at about 5pm on New Year's eve (I'm assuming that the teams are being put up on a first come, first served basis).

Oh to be near the bottom :banghead: . I suppose I've got myself to blame for submitting a very mediocre effort at about 5pm on New Year's eve (I'm assuming that the teams are being put up on a first come, first served basis).

I don't know, but I'm on the list now, tied for 22nd place with two hits. For the first time in three attempts my joker died, so 2007 may turn out to be a good year.

regards,

Hein

Oh to be near the bottom :( . I suppose I've got myself to blame for submitting a very mediocre effort at about 5pm on New Year's eve (I'm assuming that the teams are being put up on a first come, first served basis).

I'm with you there, SttG. My team was submitted New Year's Eve at around 4pm - in between frantically whipping up a batch of very delicious Tapenade and getting dressed for the evening - and it has yet to appear. As all of my team members are still depressingly alive, so I'm not that fussed. (I only decided to submit a DDP team the day before NYE, and then it was only after the idea was firmly implanted in my brain that I realised I needed 20 candidates instead of 10. But what a team it is!)

Oh to be near the bottom :( . I suppose I've got myself to blame for submitting a very mediocre effort at about 5pm on New Year's eve (I'm assuming that the teams are being put up on a first come, first served basis).

I'm with you there, SttG. My team was submitted New Year's Eve at around 4pm - in between frantically whipping up a batch of very delicious Tapenade and getting dressed for the evening - and it has yet to appear. As all of my team members are still depressingly alive, so I'm not that fussed. (I only decided to submit a DDP team the day before NYE, and then it was only after the idea was firmly implanted in my brain that I realised I needed 20 candidates instead of 10. But what a team it is!)

Well at least the DDP f*ckwits didn't disqualify you.

Rude Kid you are one great big twat.

Tempus, do you actually know for certain that you were disqualified? I mean, did they send you an email or something?

Tempus, do you actually know for certain that you were disqualified. I mean, did they send you an email or something?

I am no longer receiving DDP email updates,

I asked a few questions regarding AP news feed obits and got no reply, I asked if I was disqualified, got no reply. This kind of rudeness is intolerable to me, of course they have the right to disqualify me if they so wish, but they could at least have the good manners to reply to civil emails.

But it's almost the end of January and they've still to post just under half the teams. Maybe they're not replying to any emails because they've got too much to do.

Has anyone else been receiving (private) emails from them?

But it's almost the end of January and they've still to post just under half the teams. Maybe they're not replying to any emails because they've got too much to do.

All the teams that chose Barzan and Awad have been uploaded, I chose both these fellows, my team is not present. I didn't receive the last email update, no doubt because my name has been removed from their mailing list.

They have made an enemy, they had better take care.

Look Tempus, I'm not trying to wind you up or anything, I'm just trying to be sensible about this. How do you know that all the teams who selected those two Iraqi guys have been uploaded? Maybe the organisers just did a sort of random sweep of the teams and posted the ones that caught their eye. I mean, there are teams that have been uploaded that have yet to score any points, just like my team has yet to score any points, but that hardly means that they've disqualified me.

It is odd that you'd stopped receiving notification emails. Are you one of the teams they've listed as being incontactable? Maybe, with all the other work they've got to do, they've temporarily 'ignore user'd you because you keep harrassing them, and the side effect is that you've stopped receiving the notifications.

All I'm saying is perhaps you should wait until all of the teams are uploaded before you take out hits on the organisers. :(

Tempus, do you actually know for certain that you were disqualified. I mean, did they send you an email or something?

I am no longer receiving DDP email updates,

I asked a few questions regarding AP news feed obits and got no reply, I asked if I was disqualified, got no reply. This kind of rudeness is intolerable to me, of course they have the right to disqualify me if they so wish, but they could at least have the good manners to reply to civil emails.

...er I have! :(