Grim Reaper

Ronald Reagan

Guest Guest

A perfect example of how someone with no true regard for his fellow man, and caught up in his own occupation, can mix up lines from a poor movie, with reality and cause so much pain and shame to a nation is beyond comprehension.

Perhaps the lowering of scholastic standards for education achievment, as done in the late 70's and through out the following years, accounts for it. Granted, far more graduates from institutions of higher learning are out there, but just as the supporter for his likeness to replace Alaxander Hamilton on the U.S currency, ( reason; all the other likenesses are of presidents, you do remember president Ben Franklin ) got it wrong, the standards Reagan set " do you remember what you were doing on or said on such and such a day " at the drug, contra investigation, seem to mean that as long as your supporters benifit greatly, you can sell anyone down the river. Remember the breaking of the air controlers union, how about the releasing of the mentally handicaped by refusing them institutional maintainence of their drug requirements.

P.S. did any one tell Reagan he's dead, how will he know?

I saw Bedtime for Bonzo the other day and it makes you realise what a talented chimp Bonzo must have been to carry Ronnie through that series of films.

Guest Guest

I dont think it could be claimed that Ragean was brain of the world, a bit like George W Bush. Also i doubt it could be claimed he destroyed the USSR, many factors lead up to it. Also does anyone remmber his wife, who ssemed to decide govenment policy with an astronmer, strange but it seems she was the preseident

Guest Mypala1

Couldn't you at least accord him the same designation, Former President, as you have for Gerald Ford, who is not the brightest bulb in the lamp.

Guest Four Donkeys of the Apocolypse

Ronnie Regan, another draught evading hollywood "star" like Marrion Morrison of Iwo Jima fame. Happy in his earlier years propping up that degenerate and drunk Senator McCarthy - "Are you or have you every been........". Good freinds with that well known homosexual and cross dresser Edgar J. Hoover and his wife "Clyde". Spent billions on some worthless defence system for his wife's hair which kept breaking regularly in an inverse prepotion to the amount of hair laquer she used to use on it. Left a collection of his old holywood scripts which the US public belives to constitute a library but in actual fact save billions in tax to his estate. Nicknamed "The Great Communicator" but nobody can remember why! Along with Admiral James T Poindexter and Good Ole Ollie North sold arms to right wing terrorists which ended up in the hands of left wing terrorists even more extreme than their Russian foes and was the father of the modern terrorist ridden disater we call the Middle East today. Lets hear it for Ronnie..............................

Guest villain57

Ronnie was always an idiot. Only outdone byn the (mostly american) idiots who claim he was anything else.

Newsflash - the rest of the real world thought he was a w*nker and a joke. We all luaghed at him and all of those who took him seriously.

Guest Just Visiting

Im not gonna type in all caps or put many Exclamtion marks at the end of my useless rants like i see some morons doing, and im not gonna say that im some politcal expert either.

But I thinks its far to say that just because Regan did some good things, doesnt make him the greatest president ever, and that just because he also did some bad things, it doesnt make him and idiot.

Maybe if we were too just leave it as "President" it would calm peoples nerves. But that only up to the admins of this site.

And one more thing...if the admins decide not to, would the morons that keep fighting it just give it up and move on, since its just a website. What it says doesnt mean you have to think it either.

It is, in fact "far" to say, Mr. Visiting, very far indeed. Leaving out any and all other considerations, anyone who refers to his wife as "Mommy" in public (on many occasions, mind you) is, by definition, an idiot.

Can we close this thread now, GR, or, to quote Dr. McCoy from Star Trek (also a front runner in the DL world): "He's dead, Jim".

:lol:

Harry, may I refer you to rule 16.1a of the unwritten DL rules - "No thread for one of the celebs on the current year's list can be closed."

Sorry :lol:

Guest swisstaco5

No matter how much you hate any president, you shouldn't label him an idiot. Somehow he became president, and the site owner didn't. If you really think any idiot can become president of the United States, than you run for president and win. Then you have the right to call him an idiot.

Guest A Man who is not president
No matter how much you hate any president, you shouldn't label him an idiot. Somehow he became president, and the site owner didn't. If you really think any idiot can become president of the United States, than you run for president and win. Then you have the right to call him an idiot.

Everyone has a right to label whomever they want as an idiot, even someone who happens to be the president of the united states.

the president doesnt have immunity,... and no one can jus get up and decide to run for president because they feel like stating their opinions about one....the way most people become president is by confusing controlling and manipulating the masses, that doesnt make them a good president it just makes them a good candidate.

So STFU foooo!.... yup ya hearz me....

If you really think any idiot can become president of the United States, than you run for president and win.

Only those special idiots who were born in the United States have a shot at becoming the US President.

And, realistically, have LOT$ of money.

Guest SoCalGal

You know, it's pretty sad. I go to this site I've never seen before, though I have heard of it, and think "Huh, this seems like it'll be interesting." So I start reading names on the list and see you've listed Reagan as an idiot. Being a webmaster myself, do you realize what that does to your site? It immediately turns your site from proffessional to ametuer and it lets the viewer know that this site can't be trusted with facts because it's run by the opinions of the owner. And that immediately turns away a large percent of your visitors, which you can plainly see by all the outrage it's caused on this forum. Not only is it a lowblow, it's one of the stupidest things you could do as a webmaster. I just see no point in your posting it.

It immediately turns your site from proffessional to ametuer

...as does laughably bad spelling like that. Are you brave enough to post the URL of your site, so that we can see what your idea of "proffessional" is?

It doesn't say that in my Carol Voderman web guide book, although it is the 2003 edition:

Deathlist.net. Pre & Post death irony in a luxurious and autonomous forum setting. Sometimes referred to as, "The after-death wrap party for the stars."

... it lets the viewer know that this site can't be trusted with facts because it's run by the opinions of the owner.

As for the facts. We never had any of those.

Come on SoCalGal - the first rule of internet criticism is to never make spelling mistakes in your critical message.

As for the role of "Webmaster", you make it sound like honourable profession! The site is supposed to be humorous (although some may disagree) and, frankly, putting Ronnie as "great US president" isn't going to make anyone chuckle - the term that is used is at least amusing to some - if only for the fact that it's controversial.

Nothing like a bit of politics though as the basis for a good argument - perhaps its time for a bit of religious discussion ;)

putting Ronnie as "great US president" isn't going to make anyone chuckle

Oh, I don't know. The thought of Ron being described as a "great US president" certainly raised a smile from me.

On that score, we probably ought to change the job descriptions of Messrs Brady, Foot and Biggs then. We don't want any ironically-challenged people to get the wrong end of the stick.

Many have got the wrong end of the stick with Michael Foot. Usually up the bracket while he flails away like a loon on Hampstead Heath.

Poor lass is suffering from an irony deficiency. Must be the water.

Poor lass is suffering from an irony deficiency. Must be the water.

No, it's actually much worse than that, Mr. Night. Many Americans have become so wrapped up in the technology of the 'net and the sociology of impatience that they have completely lost respect for the language.

Examples of 'net culture abound:

"U R so stoopid, U shud dye, lol, cuz U R stoopid!"