Godot

Fascinating Creatures - Squids

Not about squids, but rather about their molluscan cousin, the octopus, here's some amusing footage of how they solve their housing problems.

What quarters does our own Octopus live in?

regards,

Hein

Scientist wants a giant squid of his very own.

He's going to web-cam it too, so we've got to get a live link sorted when he does.

It makes mention that people with allergies should avoid eating Squid Fish [sic].

Learned, as we are, about all things squid, I'd avoid whatever kind of ungodly piscine/cephalopod chimera she ate.

It was probably spawned in some radioactive dumping ground at the bttom of the pacific.

It makes mention that people with allergies should avoid eating Squid Fish [sic].

Learned, as we are, about all things squid, I'd avoid whatever kind of ungodly piscine/cephalopod chimera she ate.

It was probably spawned in some radioactive dumping ground at the bttom of the pacific.

I also love this quote too:

A young woman of Kottegoda who was taken ill seriously after having the dinner with squid fish curry......

It's nice to see that a representative of the cephalopod community appears to have made it on to Inter Milan's new away kit.

NewInteraway.png

It was probably spawned in some radioactive dumping ground at the bottom of the pacific.

A young woman of Kottegoda who was taken ill seriously after having the dinner with squid fish curry......

There was an unfortunate young woman of Kottegoda,

who inadvertently consumed a rotten great loada

curried squid-fish (sic)

which ill-advised dish quick-

-ly led to the untimely demise of that unfortunate young woman of Kottegoda

It was probably spawned in some radioactive dumping ground at the bottom of the pacific.

curried squid-fish (sic)

There once was a man name of Nap

whose limerick left a large gap

when he wrote of a squid

and I'm sorry he did

cause his poetry made him a sap

curried squid-fish (sic)

There once was a man name of Nap

whose limerick left a large gap

when he wrote of a squid

and I'm sorry he did

cause his poetry made him a sap

Philistine. :flame2:

Gutterus rutilus

Spiritless Hosiery's

average score's

two mistakes in each line.

Not many points for that

ultraboeotian

infrabancetian

asinine rhyme.

Cephalopods everywhere will possibly rejoice at the death of noted physiologist and fervid squid dissector Professor Richard Darwin Keynes, the great grandson of Charles Darwin.

darwin-keynes_1676215c.jpg:banghead:

It seems there's something fishy about Paul the octopus.

The article also notes an anti-cephalopod outburst in Argentina:

Argentine TV viewers were horrified when a commentator liquefied a live octopus on TV in revenge for Germany’s soothsayer Paul calling the right results in the World Cup.

Host Roberto Pettinato said: “Your moment has arrived, little Nazi octopus.”

It seems there's something fishy about Paul the octopus.

The article also notes an anti-cephalopod outburst in Argentina:

Argentine TV viewers were horrified when a commentator liquefied a live octopus on TV in revenge for Germany’s soothsayer Paul calling the right results in the World Cup.

Host Roberto Pettinato said: “Your moment has arrived, little Nazi octopus.”

A little bit disingenuous, considering half of the survivors lived in Argentina, eating their corned beef...

I'm totally upset that Paul the Octopus has died and not first been quoted in this thread till now - please everyone - we have a good range of topics - and a little effort keeps things tidy.

Next...

I'm totally upset that Paul the Octopus has died and not first been quoted in this thread till now - please everyone - we have a good range of topics - and a little effort keeps things tidy.

Next...

Sepp Blatter's lunch by now I expect - calamari and chips.

Next...

That'll be because this is the squid thread and not the fucking octopus thread. There is a difference, you know, as anyone with even the most basic knowledge of things cephalopodic would be able to tell you.

Next...

That'll be because this is the squid thread and not the fucking octopus thread. There is a difference, you know, as anyone with even the most basic knowledge of things cephalopodic would be able to tell you.

Fellows have had their tentacles lopped off for less.

Next...

Ten legs good, eight legs bad.

Next...

It's happened before, wouldn't you know. :P

Completely off-topic I know, but please take the time to help Save The Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus

Although the tree octopus is not officially listed on the Endangered Species List, we feel that it should be added since its numbers are at a critically low level for its breeding needs. The reasons for this dire situation include: decimation of habitat by logging and suburban encroachment; building of roads that cut off access to the water which it needs for spawning; predation by foreign species such as house cats; and booming populations of its natural predators, including the bald eagle and sasquatch. What few that make it to the Canal are further hampered in their reproduction by the growing problem of pollution from farming and residential run-off. Unless immediate action is taken to protect this species and its habitat, the Pacific Northwest tree octopus will be but a memory.

Why the Octopus has suckers:

octopussy.jpg

• Like 1