Monoclinic

Wishful Thinking Death List

David Evans aka U2's "the edge" - pretentious w**ker :dead:

Lulu

Oh lord yes. She needs shooting.

Did I say Scott Mills? If not I am saying Scott Mills now, and to the radio 1 DJ collection I'll add Spoony and most definately Sara Cox's voice (if you can't kill the voice then she'll just have to be shot to prevent any further sound coming out of her trap). Five years ago I'd have put in Chris Moyles et al. too but I then became a commuter and realised they helped pass the time on the M27!

Bill Bryson and a controversial one, Kate Winslett.

I'm totally with you with Bill Bryson. I struggled to get through his Down Under book a few months ago to see what the ordeal whole deal was. Whilst I enjoyed reading about the places as I love travelling I did not enjoy his style. He was at times verbose and explained the obvious or just explained too much. That however was not my major problem. The author, and I use this term lightly, repeated the same stock phrases over and over again. One that I quickly picked up on was "at length". It infuriated me. IMHO he is not a good writer.

I also have a copy of A Short History of Nearly Everything which I am reluctant to even start. I think someone from an arts background might well enjoy it, or at least gain something from it, but I have a feeling it is going to be in the same know-it-all vein that the Australian book was written in. To be fair, most people of a science background would either know already or think well that's bloody obvious (okay I may well have skimmed through the Atom chapter out of curiosity)! However as they say you cannot judge a book by its cover (or author) so, at length, I might just have to bite the bullet and read it, at length.

Oh, and if you google Bill Bryson and repetitive you find I am not alone!

What on earth is controversial about wanting Kate Winslett to snuff it?

She has an inexplicable number of fans.

She has an inexplicable number of fans.

Well theres two of us that arent!!

We should campaign for the silent majority that cant stand the mare.................. ;)

The Richard O'Sullivan thread

Only if it takes down all the "DL sux this year" threads with it.

I imagine that the Dicky O' thread is a more controversial death wish than most other suggestions in this thread though.

and Charlton Heston.

Your wish just may be granted soon it seems... been awfully quiet on the Heston front lately...

Michael Portillo

pt01.jpg

This I felt a safer option than showing either the inside of a festival toilet or worse still a picture of the man in question.

Can I add Jeremy Kyle and Eamon Holmes to the list too. Oh and Kerry Katona.

I promise I had nothing to do with this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6900893.stm

Are you sure? Really, really sure? :banghead:

I think I know who this guy might vote for:

http://www.ejazznews.com/modules.php?op=mo...r=0&thold=0

"I'd say you can see right through Posh Spice except for the fact that she's so damn skinny you don't have to ... A woman with baseball-sized boobs glued to her chest, who looks like she hasn't eaten during this century ... Next time, just print a picture of a hanger, that's all Posh Spice is. She's even dumber than most models. Uneducated, created by the knife and sporting an unending desire to be famous, she trumps everybody with an education ... She's just another sports star's wife. No more, no less. Squeegee her off the public radar PLEASE!"

By the way, when deciding where to post this, I did a search on the Death List Forum for the last 7 days with the keyword "Beckham" and got the "nothing returned" message. I think we can be rightly proud of ourselves for that!

O my god I think I'm going to have a heart attack I'm laughing so hard. O my god. ;)

This is the most annoying little bitch and the most f****n obnoxious song I have ever heard in my life. She deserves to be punished. I hate this song with a passion.

Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ25-glGRzI

Ann Widdecombe’s miraculous transformation from laughable rabid psycho-Tory to avuncular (avauntiecular?) pet-loving woman-of-the-people feelgood TV personality. It doesn’t wash with me, Doris Karloff - bang, bang you’re dead.

Ann Widdecombe’s miraculous transformation from laughable rabid psycho-Tory to avuncular (avauntiecular?) pet-loving woman-of-the-people feelgood TV personality. It doesn’t wash with me, Doris Karloff - bang, bang you’re dead

I agree with your assessment there. It's also got me on a mission to find the female version of avuncular.

Here are some suggestions

http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2006/08/...-avuncular.html

Ann Widdecombe’s miraculous transformation from laughable rabid psycho-Tory to avuncular (avauntiecular?) pet-loving woman-of-the-people feelgood TV personality. It doesn’t wash with me, Doris Karloff - bang, bang you’re dead

I agree with your assessment there. It's also got me on a mission to find the female version of avuncular.

Here are some suggestions

http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2006/08/...-avuncular.html

What about "avauntler", a derivation of reindeer (have antler)?

Not sure whether it's Anne or Pompey going on the list, however she has been banned from driving.

"I am sorry she won't have a very pleasant memory of her first visit to Portsmouth," said Mr Mellor.

She's not the first, and she won't be the last Mr Mellor!