Death Watch Beatle

The Deathlisters Alternative Footie Thread

Shall we say new season for the beginning of August or is that too soon?

We will probably be down to 10 teams for next season unless anyone out there would like to play along with us? Drop a line to any of the managers or post on this thread if you are interested. It costs nothing but 10 minutes of your time per week.

DWB :blink:

And of course your pride when you get whooped by a girl ;)

August is great by me. Will you be resetting before then... i.e. can I accept HCW's friendly or do I wait a few days for the update?

The updates will be automatically generated in a day or two then I have to make sure the August start date is available to me - I think you can reset up to 3 weeks in advance. We might be able to run two cups this year - an early one and a late one. What do you think?

DWB

Edit: I will try and revert back to the Friday night league game and also please consider whether any of the teams would benefit from a "boost" before the season start.

The updates will be automatically generated in a day or two then I have to make sure the August start date is available to me - I think you can reset up to 3 weeks in advance. We might be able to run two cups this year - an early one and a late one. What do you think?

DWB

Edit: I will try and revert back to the Friday night league game and also please consider whether any of the teams would benefit from a \"boost\" before the season start.

I don't understand any of this.

Brains in my feet you know.

DWB

Edit: I will try and revert back to the Friday night league game and also please consider whether any of the teams would benefit from a \"boost\" before the season start.

I don't understand any of this.

Brains in my feet you know.

You will see, it's your first season so it's quite right you've not understood. At the end of the season DWB does some jiggery pokery and the system sends out awards for best player, most assissts etc (finanical awards). Then all of your players have the skill altered based on this season's perfomance and with that the form is dropped back to neutral, so starting training now is futile as they won't finish before the reset.

The boost is something to do with improving a lower down in the league team. Here is the results of the Belgian jury:

If we have no takers, thus 10 teams, plus no objections I vote for a boost to Alpine Pirates.

If the other teams below the Pirates find themselves with a manager then I propose that in fact eejit eagles gets a boost (with the Pirates to get one next season) and Bellend Rovers a complete makeover! Ocky restarted season 3 with a completely new team which has seen him well, I think as the Bellend Rovers was (mis)managed earlier on, that those who have come after just couldn't catch up. Maybe a new team nurtured from birth would appeal to someone?

If we have only one taker perhaps the additional spare team could be open access this season where we could all try to manage it with training, making some cash replacing players to see if we can't make it more competitive. I say open access meaning just between us, obviously it can't be done by one person alone as they could tamper with the team before a crucial match. Maybe chinese whispers... each taking their turn and changing the password before passing it on. Okay, perhaps this is a silly idea but it would be a challenge for us all.

We will probably be down to 10 teams for next season unless anyone out there would like to play along with us? Drop a line to any of the managers or post on this thread if you are interested. It costs nothing but 10 minutes of your time per week.

I'll be on my annual pilgrimage beginning of September, so I guess I'll miss 3 weeks or so (unless I manage to get access to a computer) So I suppose August will be OK.

Two cups sounds good as well.

Mono, your place or mine? If you decide to take me up on my offer.

I'll be on my annual pilgrimage beginning of September, so I guess I'll miss 3 weeks or so (unless I manage to get access to a computer) So I suppose August will be OK.

Two cups sounds good as well.

Mono, your place or mine? If you decide to take me up on my offer.

I'll play away, if you like.

I'll play away, if you like.

Sounds good to me. Gauntlet thrown down!

Bugger, my team lost 2-0 in a crucial Cup match against Dyslexics Untied. Congrats HCW!

It does not get any easier as my next opponent will be Crypt Kickers.

Bugger, my team lost 2-0 in a crucial Cup match against Dyslexics Untied. Congrats HCW!

It does not get any easier as my next opponent will be Crypt Kickers.

Sorry FF, I was abroad for a few weeks and am only catching up on the results now......... Well, well, well..................... Seems the longer I stay away, the better my team gets. Hmmmmmmmmm!

Wow, what a day! After today’s matches, the top 4 positions of the leaderboard has changed. Dyslexics United moves up to 1st place and the mighty Crypt Kickers has fallen from 1st to 4th. Congrats HCW!

Hiya,

Can I withdraw from this as I just don't have the time to do it justice properly.... as shown by my abysmal performance this year despite spending more econ than Manchester City?

Hiya,

Can I withdraw from this as I just don't have the time to do it justice properly.... as shown by my abysmal performance this year despite spending more econ than Manchester City?

Any DLers want to take OoO's place?

Hiya,

Just to add that once you get to know everything (we can give you a crash course on its nuances) it takes maybe ten minutes of your time in total per week, more if you want to write press releases to earn money! I think Ocky's just had a spot of bad luck, however DWB was talking about a team boost to the bottom team each season so that might level things out.

Please come join the fun and get beat by a bunch of ladies!

Hiya,

Just to add that once you get to know everything (we can give you a crash course on its nuances) it takes maybe ten minutes of your time in total per week, more if you want to write press releases to earn money! I think Ocky's just had a spot of bad luck, however DWB was talking about a team boost to the bottom team each season so that might level things out.

Please come join the fun and get beat by a bunch of ladies!

For clarification, its not real money, its cyber money, (currency Econs). And you won't always get beaten by them thar ladies.

------------------------------ P W D L F A g/df Pts

1 Dyslexics Untied -----10 7 0 3 15 - 9 6 21

2 FF United FC ----------10 6 2 2 20 - 8 12 20

3 Gravediggers United- 10 6 2 2 19 - 7 12 20

4 Crypt Kickers ---------10 6 1 3 13 - 5 8 19

5 Clinique Précisionists -10 5 2 3 17 - 15 2 17

6 Scumthorpe United -- 10 4 3 3 13 - 11 2 15

7 Bury FC ---------------- 10 4 1 5 17 - 17 0 13

8 Knickers United --------10 2 2 6 14 - 21 -7 8

9 Hearseton Casuals -----10 0 4 6 9 - 19 -10 4

10 Alpine Pirates --------- 10 1 1 8 5 - 30 -25 4

The story so far :skull:

Thought I'd bump this up again as we are fast aproaching the last game of the season. Its down to the wire again where any one of Crypt Kickers, Dyslexics Untied or Gravediggers can win the league. Anybody want to take OoO's place for next season?

Congrats to DWB's Crypt Kickers on beating me in yet another cup final. 5.gif

Can I bail out too?

How many of us are there now?

DWB :D

Not sure! I'm still in. :(

Not sure! I'm still in. :)

If Windy is still up for it we may have 8. Knickers and Hearston are done. Are Alpine still going?

DWB :(

If Windy is still up for it we may have 8. Knickers and Hearston are done. Are Alpine still going?

Well, we need at least one 'whipping boys' team

Guest Shadowy Figure

Congratulations to Lady Grendel on a second league win. All the best managers - Shanks, Busby, Fergie - are from north of the border.

They cost me the title!

DWB :)

They cost me the title!

DWB :)

So, my team beating yours didn't cost you the title then? :P