Death Watch Beatle

The Deathlisters Alternative Footie Thread

I fancy having a go the next time there is a slot available.

Cheers

Sure, season finishes end of January so will give you a shout nearer the time.

NAP - can you join in next season? - that would make it a round dozen teams.

DWB :)

I suppose so, if you show me how it goes.

I did register there. Must see if I can remember my login.

Good man! As I said the season runs to the end of January, so I will give you a nudge a week or two before.

I must say, I'm getting rather jolly excited about my first game tonight! I'm so very sad and lonely......and I still don't know which of you fine people is Bury FC.

I see someone has sabotaged my field with hundreds of field mice :) . Our cat mascot is now so fat it can't chase the little fekers any more, but we managed to put the poison down and kill them orf.

My own suspicions are the Cliniques, as we beat them last time and they cant take it, or the Bellend rovers, who I think might just be pressing buttons as a way of experimenting and finding her own way round the grounds

The snipers have been alerted and told to shoot first and ask questions later.

An amazing game tonight saw off the Cliniques hahahahahahahahahaha put mice in MY field? You little minx! Who's laughing now???? :):);)

Oh, boo, I lost.

Have you worked out who gubbed (c. honez 2008) you yesterday?

It will take a season or two to really get you side sorted. Make sure you pick up the million offered each week in sponsorship bonus, and if you make a press release you get a bit more.

Keep up your players average form - this is the deciding factor on how they develop pre-season. Players skill can go down as well as up - you reputation is at stake if you do not keep up repayments.

Depending on how much money you have in the bank, look for a couple of older but higher skilled players to get you out of trouble for a season or two while you build up your squad from youth players etc.

DWB :skill2:

Oh, boo, I lost.

Have you worked out who gubbed (c. honez 2008) you yesterday?

It will take a season or two to really get you side sorted. Make sure you pick up the million offered each week in sponsorship bonus, and if you make a press release you get a bit more.

Keep up your players average form - this is the deciding factor on how they develop pre-season. Players skill can go down as well as up - you reputation is at stake if you do not keep up repayments.

Depending on how much money you have in the bank, look for a couple of older but higher skilled players to get you out of trouble for a season or two while you build up your squad from youth players etc.

Yes, I know who thrashed me now. And thanks for the advice, and thanks to LG too for the PM with helpful tips. I'll be top of the league before you know it......

So, the draw for the cup semi-finals is as follows:

Dyslexics Untied v FF United FC

Knickers United v Bury FC

The form indicates that Dyslexics and Bury should progress, but with both Knickers and FF progressing from the preliminary round by beating (in my opinion) decent opposition, I think they will be putting out their strongest possible teams.

DWB says: FF v Knickers final - Knickers to take the silverware.

Well, that's done it for you now, hasn't it?

Looking at the run-in fixture list, DWB backs Clinique for the title - now you know why I don't gamble!

DWB :rolleyes:

Looking at the run-in fixture list, DWB backs Clinique for the title - now you know why I don't gamble!

DWB :o

Don't you have any confidence in me? :rolleyes:

I only won 6-0 tonight, and am top of the league (on goal difference) :)

Don't you have any confidence in me? :)

I only won 6-0 tonight, and am top of the league (on goal difference) :o

So, let's have a look at the fixture list . . . you have me away (good luck!) and then two home ties against Clinique and Gravediggers (both with title claims).

Not easy - how confident are you?

Don't you have any confidence in me? :)

I only won 6-0 tonight, and am top of the league (on goal difference) :o

So, let's have a look at the fixture list . . . you have me away (good luck!) and then two home ties against Clinique and Gravediggers (both with title claims).

Not easy - how confident are you?

Well, I usualy do tend to fall on my arse in the last few games of the season, but I'm sure my band of serial killers will do their job.

Well done, HCW! Congratulations on your victory. It was a close game!

Well done, HCW! Congratulations on your victory. It was a close game!

It certainly was 2-2 and then 8-7 on penalties, my old ticker cant keep up. Bury in the final then.

The form indicates that Dyslexics and Bury should progress, but with both Knickers and FF progressing from the preliminary round by beating (in my opinion) decent opposition, I think they will be putting out their strongest possible teams.

DWB :blink:

My god! what an amazing predicshun. Are you Banshees in disguise? :referee:

My god! what an amazing predicshun. Are you Banshees in disguise? :party:

Err . . . Quite remarkable!

I see your band of vicious thugs made short work of my number 1 keeper Deedublya. :ph34r:

Anatoly Onoprienko will be out for ages. I will have my revenge. I will smite thee with a plague of locust, I will cast an evil voodoo spell over your team, I will kick your arse.

Mind you, we did come back from 3-1 down at half time to get a 3-3 draw

Woohoo! I won! 5-1! I knew that my tactic of completely forgetting there was a match tonight would see me right.

Woohoo! I won! 5-1! I knew that my tactic of completely forgetting there was a match tonight would see me right.

Congrats to the Bellenders on their first victory of their (very short) season :ph34r:

Congrats to Bury FC who beat me in the cup final today by 3 goals to 1. In my defence I can only blame DWB for fielding a crowd of butchers and hackers who beat up my number 1 keeper during our last meeting. I had to use the less talented Pedro Lopez as my substitute keeper. I'll get you back.

Congrats to Bury FC who beat me in the cup final today by 3 goals to 1. In my defence I can only blame DWB for fielding a crowd of butchers and hackers who beat up my number 1 keeper during our last meeting. I had to use the less talented Pedro Lopez as my substitute keeper. I'll get you back.

. . . and then this happens: Someone broke into your club house during the night and punctured all the balls. Because of this todays training session had to be replaced with some other training and the players lost a little bit of form. New balls are purchased for 100 000 econ. The thugs left no clues.

DWB :skull:

.....and then this happens to me :( ................. A sales person offered the team to try out a new sport drink for free. The players thought the drinks smelt odd and asked the sales person to taste them himself which he refused. The drinks were clearly an attempt at sabotage but who could be behind it?

Does someone have anything to confess? It'll make you feel better! :( And, you might get into heaven.

:(

. . . and then this happens: Someone broke into your club house during the night and punctured all the balls. Because of this todays training session had to be replaced with some other training and the players lost a little bit of form. New balls are purchased for 100 000 econ. The thugs left no clues.

DWB :(

Ditto :(:(:( , although I was given advance warning by the perpetrator that this would happen. I see it resulted in my Diggers only managing a draw tonight, the league can now go one of 3 ways with Clinique having the best chance of winning :( .

w**nkers - my two game winning streak has come to an end.

Guest Shadowy Figure
Ditto :(:(:( , although I was given advance warning by the perpetrator that this would happen. I see it resulted in my Diggers only managing a draw tonight, the league can now go one of 3 ways with Clinique having the best chance of winning :( .

Perhaps a little canny Caledonian collusion will foil the flying Frogs?