Death Watch Beatle

The Deathlisters Alternative Footie Thread

OK then, the first game of the season starts, and the league is taking on the same old familiar look.

That means mid-table obscurity for your boys doesn't it?

DWB :smiley_f:

OK then, the first game of the season starts, and the league is taking on the same old familiar look.

That means mid-table obscurity for your boys doesn't it?

DWB :smiley_f:

Not until the middle of the season. Second at the moment, just one goal separating us.

Rats, I forgot about the league starting again. I've just spent yesterday getting up far too early to go to a meeting in Dunkerque. Over 7h on trains is not my idea of fun, neither was sitting in a meeting about a project I know little about and to the amusement of my boss he has decided to make a collegue who speaks little French in charge of this project and I bet you can guess what the language of the project is! So I guess his day was worse than mine. At least there were a few Ch'ti-isms to keep me entertained.

I hope my boys were autonomous in beating the opposition. (Scurries off to check). I guess let battle commence and all that.

Only a 2-0 victory tonight against the Bellend Rovers. I was hoping to score more tonight, I think Lardy is rigorously exercising her Bellends. :rolleyes:

Only a 2-0 victory tonight against the Bellend Rovers. I was hoping to score more tonight, I think Lardy is rigorously exercising her Bellends. :rolleyes:

As much as I wish that were true, I'd completely forgotten about football this week. Must pay more attention to Bellends. If only I could find one......

As much as I wish that were true, I'd completely forgotten about football this week. Must pay more attention to Bellends. If only I could find one......

Bugger, me too, again. I blame the move to Tuesdays and not on having a case of the Peter Falks.

(Scurries off to see the results)

Only a 2-0 victory tonight against the Bellend Rovers. I was hoping to score more tonight, I think Lardy is rigorously exercising her Bellends. :lol:

Bugger, me too, again. I blame the move to Tuesdays and not on having a case of the Peter Falks.

(Scurries off to see the results)

You are top of the league on goal difference Mono, so you have no worries.

Why have we moved to Tuesdays anyway? I much preferred the Friday games :rolleyes: .

----------------------------- p w d l f a gd pts

1 Clinique Précisionists 2 2 0 0 8 - 1 7 6

2 Dyslexics Untied ------ 2 2 0 0 6 - 1 5 6

3 Gravediggers United --2 2 0 0 4 - 0 4 6

Top of the table..................... Ah, A thorn between two roses :rolleyes:

The move to Tuesdays was a f**k up on my part. The machine offers you a fixed day (say Friday) and then offers you an additional weekday - might be Tuesday or Wednesday in our case for cup matches - HOWEVER - if you don't pay attention to the start day of the league you can get your Tuesdays and Fridays muddled up! Will revert to Fridays next season.

Did that make any sense at all?

DWB :)

I really need to bolster my defence :)

I really need to bolster my defence :)

Not yet eejit, wait until after I've played you. * :lol:

* 31/03/09

I am, of course, open to bungs. :)

Thought I'd give you a 25 minute warning................. soooooo ............... Kick off in the next game in 25 minutes. No excuses now for not showing up.

Oh bugger! 1-1 tonight against FF. Looks as if I'm heading towards mid table obscurity. And I lost my star striker Serhiy Tkach for my next game. :rolleyes:

Bury buried under an avalanche of goals tonight (well, 3 goals to 1) Looking forward to our next tough friendly game against my nemesis the Cliniques on Friday :rolleyes:

Bury buried under an avalanche of goals tonight (well, 3 goals to 1) Looking forward to our next tough friendly game against my nemesis the Cliniques on Friday :unsure:

Bugger! :angry: She whopped my ass 2-0 tonight.

With a goal 4 minutes into Fergie time, the Crypt Kickers make sure I stay in 4th place, bugger 5.gif

I haven't had a win in the first 7 games so far this season...:(

I haven't had a win in the first 7 games so far this season...:(

You're 3rd from bottom, so it's not all bad. :D

1-1 in tonights friendly against the Clinique Précisionists. Eejit*, Its your turn on Tuesday.

*bung on its way

I really need to bolster my defence :(

Not yet eejit, wait until after I've played you. * :P

* 31/03/09

Time to spend on your defence now. I only managed to take 3 off you tonight. (Erm................ we did agree a cyber fiver, didn't we?) Next game is the 'Clash of the Titans' (? :rolleyes: ) Me against Cliniques on the 7th. Not counting the friendly on Friday, if accepted.

Two defeats in a row sees me slump to 4th place 10 points behind the leader Cliniques. Bugger!

Two defeats in a row sees me slump to 4th place 10 points behind the leader Cliniques. Bugger!

Hey HCW - just wondering how you got on tonight? - hadn't heard from you for a while!

DWB :crossbone:

Hey HCW - just wondering how you got on tonight? - hadn't heard from you for a while!

DWB :banghead:

Hey DWB - another bloody 1-0 defeat last night. I can't see you behind me, where are you? ;)