Sign in to follow this  
Banshees Scream

Johannes Heesters

He fell on the first of January at his holiday home, was released from the hospital one week later and is now in a private clinic for further recovery. His performance in Deventer, The Netherlands for next month has not yet been canceled.

Pic from the hospital:

8225007-AUSTRIA_20PEOPLE__MBQF,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=225.jpg

His grandfather became 108, so he might be around for a few more years.

Guest RightThere
His grandfather became 108, so he might be around for a few more years.

You want too say dying old is in his genes.

Guest RightThere

The news about Heesters recovery just crossed the border.

Read it on Dutch Teletext yesterday morning.

Heesters has made an attempt at a comeback in the Netherlands for the first time in 4 decades...

Heesters has made an attempt at a comeback in the Netherlands for the first time in 4 decades...

I hadn't known that he was such a controversial man. Explains why his website is in German though. :rolleyes:

Spectacular recovery for a 104 year old man though, a lot of people a decade or even two younger might not have survived.

According to the reviews his voice was still pretty good (especially considering his age of course), but this was his big last wish, so i'm quite unsure what to say about his future.

Guest RightThere
According to the reviews his voice was still pretty good (especially considering his age of course), but this was his big last wish, so i'm quite unsure what to say about his future.

Do you think he will make next year's death list (with both his bad health and doubtfull importance to the world)

I sure hope so!

Welcome to the DL, Vaagheid! If you could possibly make your sig a little shorter it would ease the strain on my mouse-roller finger. Thanks!

p.s. Stephen Hawking. Hawking. No 's'. Thanks.

p.p.s. 'corpses of' (belonging to) would be better than 'corpses off' (removed from). Thanks.

p.p.p.s. Kunt u mij de weg vijzen naar de dichstbijzijnder koffieshop, alstublieft?

p.p.p.p.s. Glad to see you don't have Sir Patrick Moore on your list.

I sure hope so!

Welcome to the DL, Vaagheid! If you could possibly make your sig a little shorter it would ease the strain on my mouse-roller finger. Thanks!

p.p.s. 'corpses of' (belonging to) would be better than 'corpses off' (removed from). Thanks.

Yes, indeed, welcome VH. With an awesome nominee like "Monster of Loch Ness", and new information that said monster died early in 20th century, I think we'll like the cut of your jib just fine around here.

I don't understand the Dutch message in the p.p.p.s, but language SC! :unsure:

p.p.p.s. Kunt u mij de weg vijzen naar de dichstbijzijnder koffieshop, alstublieft?

I don't understand the Dutch message in the p.p.p.s, but language SC! :unsure:

Dutch 101 tells me that SC is searching for the nearest Starbucks. Obviously this is one eco-warrier who is prepared to go all the way to The Netherlands on the quest for a double mocha choca latte mama, hang the food miles and CO2 emmisions.

I sure hope so!

p.s. Stephen Hawking. Hawking. No 's'. Thanks.

Sorry, I am a little careless in that (I am to lazy to proofread my Messages)

Well stop being (too lazy). Oh yes, and welcome, we're all friends here. :rip:

Guest zimmer

not all :rolleyes:

Guest Poster

True, I'm not too keen on guest posters ;-)

Guest zimmer

True, I'm not too keen on guest posters ;-)

yes they're twats arn't they !!.

If only I had done my Deathlist revision. I was in Amsterdam last week trying to find a 'proper' coffee shop, i.e. one that sold the famously delicious dutch coffee rather than one full of boring stoners discussing at tedious length exactly which strain of cannabis would enable them to lose the ability to speak the quickest.

Found one in the end, with some top quality pancake action thrown in.

I don't understand the Dutch message in the p.p.p.s, but language SC! ;)

Dutch 101 tells me that SC is searching for the nearest Starbucks. Obviously this is one eco-warrier who is prepared to go all the way to The Netherlands on the quest for a double mocha choca latte mama, hang the food miles and CO2 emmisions.

This chap could certainly be a very good bet for next year. The world's oldest working actor (104). There will be scores of Dutch and German obits due to both his record holding status and also his notoriety. (Do foreign obits count Moderators?)

See here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johannes_Heesters

And here - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0373535/

Yours cadaverously,

Arnold

Threads merged [HCW]

Saw a trailer the other week for this film which included a brief glimpse of the old man.

The title translates as: "1½ Knights -- In Search of the Ravishing Princess Herzelinde"

The film appears to be a German comedy. ;)

Edit: Here's the trailer.

Guest WEP

Jopie is also on theater tour again. He plays the role of "The Empereor" in a comedy in Hamburg from November 2008 to February 2009!

And on Friday, he was singing again! Seems that he will do what he promised once when he said:

"I want to die on stage!"

Boy, where could I gat a ticket for that?