Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

Guest Guest

I can confirm that Carla Laemmle died on saturday aged 104

I can confirm that Carla Laemmle died on saturday aged 104

Prove it. Post a link.

• Like 1

Nobel laureate Sir John Cornforth's page was edited yesterday to say "my grandad passed away this morning blah blah blah"... either the media are really slow or it was a hoax.

Actress Eleanor Parker's page was edited tonight to say she had passed. Also seeing a few tweets emerging... worth keeping an eye on!

EDIT: Silent-era actress Carla Laemmle's page edited to say she died today as well.

And so we wait... God our media are shit, or I'm gullible. One of the two.

I've looked everywhere and no confirmation yet. It would be quite a triple whammy of deaths, I must admit. Not breaking headline news, stop all programming deaths, but all very notable in their field.

• Like 1

Bar some amazing coincidence it's safe to say Laemmle isn't dead - while those who updated Cornforth and Parker have no other edits to go by, the person who added Laemmle's death did the same for several others who clearly aren't dead.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

I can confirm that Ulitzer is really gullible,as am I

Blimey. Can't believe that little trick caught you guys ought. I was aiming to get a reaction from another forum but thought I'd catch you guys in the cross fire. All in fun of course. :)

• Like 1

Blimey. Can't believe that little trick caught you guys ought. I was aiming to get a reaction from another forum but thought I'd catch you guys in the cross fire. All in fun of course. :)

Wait, I don't get it...did you make the fake edit on Wikipedia about Laemmle or?

• Like 1

Wait, I don't get it...did you make the fake edit on Wikipedia about Laemmle or?

Yeah, that was me.

• Like 1

Yeah, that was me.

You realize how offensive this is, don't you? Idiot.

• Like 1

Yeah, that was me.

How is it offensive to vandalise wiki pages?

• Like 1

Yeah, that was me.

1. Millions of people, including myself, are making huge efforts of trying to create the world's largest online Encyclopedia. The last thing we need is to waste energy on those who attempt to destroy our goal. 2. Imagine if someone came up to you and said that your parents are dead, only to later say that he was only joking. Would you find it amusing? 3. How old are you?

• Like 3

Yeah, that was me.

1. Millions of people, including myself, are making huge efforts of trying to create the world's largest online Encyclopedia. The last thing we need is to waste energy on those who attempt to destroy our goal. 2. Imagine if someone came up to you and said that your parents are dead, only to later say that he was only joking. Would you find it amusing? 3. How old are you?

1. Oh, I'm so sorry I caused you the trouble of reverting an edit, it must have took all of two seconds. 2. I'm pretty sure I'd know if my parents were dead before users of wikipedia and I doubt these celebrities children are using wikipedia to determine the stiff or still breathing status of their parents. 3. I do not understand how my age is relevant.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Thanks a bunch.Thats made me look a right tosser.That;s never happened before!

Guest Guest

If you're going to fake a death on wikipedia can you at least say it's someone nobody can stand like jeremy Clarkson or Chris Moyles and give us a few minutes of hope..Whats the point of faking the death of a 104 yr old who';s probably going to drop dead any day anyway!

As I just posted directly above, 4 minutes before you did... with the exact same link. #MONG

• Like 2

Well one of them was going to die. Shame it wasn't one of my edits.

• Like 1

Yeah, that was me.

1. Oh, I'm so sorry I caused you the trouble of reverting an edit, it must have took all of two seconds. 2. I'm pretty sure I'd know if my parents were dead before users of wikipedia and I doubt these celebrities children are using wikipedia to determine the stiff or still breathing status of their parents. 3. I do not understand how my age is relevant.

I didn't do any reverting personally, but whatever. Let's call it a truce, shall we? After all, the real battle is fought on the DDP!

But remember, if you mess with Carla Laemmle, she's prepared to fight with her boxing gloves. ;)

2cx877l.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, that was me.

I didn't do any reverting personally, but whatever. Let's call it a truce, shall we? After all, the real battle is fought on the DDP!

But remember, if you mess with Carla Laemmle, she's prepared to fight with her boxing gloves. ;)

2cx877l.jpg

Well I could do with her sticking around until new year at least ;).

• Like 1

Guest Guest

The Rev Billy Graham died of pneumonia related complications earlier this evening according to a wikipedia edit a few minutes ago.Trying to verify it

update-can't find any verificartion that he's dead but it looks like he could be in his final hours-his son has issued a statement tonight to say he has deteriorated further and is asking the nation to pray for him http://www.wbtw.com/...ttles-infection

It's possible he could have died tonight though

And it's possible he didn't. Why not wait until you're sure and it's been confirmed before posting?

• Like 1