Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

This shocked fans who had seen any matches by Big Daddy, ever.

According to Lanny Poffo (Notes for non-fans: Macho Man's brother) and others, Fred Ottman (aka Tugboat, Typhoon, Shockmaster) is having yet more health issues. Mentioned several times in this thread, including last year when YWillz accidentally killed him off prematurely.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, msc said:

According to Lanny Poffo (Notes for non-fans: Macho Man's brother) and others, Fred Ottman (aka Tugboat, Typhoon, Shockmaster) is having yet more health issues. Mentioned several times in this thread, including last year when YWillz accidentally killed him off prematurely.

I'm psychic I tell ya! :lol:

From the family who brought you "points in the DDP if you picked Smith Hart", another potential tip:

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Bret Hart is hoping for The Hart Foundation to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. He wants it for Jim Neidhart, because Neidhart’s battling significant health issues, and if it doesn’t come now, he may not be able to enjoy it when it does.

For anyone who's ever seen Total Divas, the man appears to be in the middle of a permanent heart attack. More red skin than a John Wayne film:

DT0axdJWkAAq7QQ.jpg:large

41 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

For anyone who's ever seen Total Divas, the man appears to be in the middle of a permanent heart attack. More red skin than a John Wayne film:

He just needs some Crème Make-up.

Btw, everyone has to die of something

I bet you were all on tenterhooks waiting to hear what Superstar Billy Graham's "major health issue" for 2018 would be, right? Well, Mr "Months to Live" (TM 2010) now claims if he doesn't have massive surgery, he could be in a wheelchair for life.  You know, until that catastrophic terminal liver failure gets him... (Look at Derek Dudley for how long someone with actual terminal liver failure lasts...)

He's got himself a gofundme and sad folk are actually donating...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2018 at 11:19, Spade_Cooley said:

Too hard to bank on. Know a guy that’s looked like this 20+ years now and the red cheeks were a side effect of the blood pressure meds he was on, its rather common.

Dude, just let it go man. Fart, don't hold it in, Anvil, just let it go.

On 7/10/2017 at 11:48, Spade_Cooley said:

I'll tell you who I'm convinced is a goner in the next 36 months, Good Ol' Puppy Murdering JR. He's admitted himself that he's throwing himself into as much work as possible since the death of his wife, and he's allegedly hitting the bottle pretty hard too. A heart attack is almost guaranteed.

You see him on RAW 25, or indeed anything recently? Looks to have aged quite a bit in a short period of time, and sounds like he's 24/7 on the booze.

imo it's a case of when the disgraced former WWE wrestler Enzo Amore becomes an alumnus of this thread, rather than if.

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Dick Togo has tuberculosis. 

:lol:

11 hours ago, msc said:

You see him on RAW 25, or indeed anything recently? Looks to have aged quite a bit in a short period of time, and sounds like he's 24/7 on the booze.

He seemed more upset the person who knocked his wife off her bike got off with it,than he was when his wife died. Sadly I do get the feeling he doesn't have long left. 

JR and jerry Lawler apparently fell asleep during a big anniversary show last night but JR denied it.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0123/636239/jim-ross-on-if-was-asleep-during-raw-25/

• Haha 1

On 1/23/2018 at 03:04, msc said:

He certainly didn't sound all that, shall we say, "alert" on Monday. Also a long-time Bell's Palsy sufferer. Would be rather ironic if he was outlived by the several years older and "clinically dead for 20 minutes at one point" Jerry Lawler.

How about a real bona fide wrestler, not the squared ring version?

Oklahoma State announced Thursday that Cowboy wrestling great Stanley Henson died Wednesday evening. 

Henson was 101 years old, which made him the oldest living NCAA champion. He won three national titles as a member of the Oklahoma A&M wrestling team and lost only one match in his career. Henson wrestled under coach Edward C. Gallagher. 
SC

FEMALE wrestling star LuFisto has revealed she has been diagnosed with cervical cancer and faces a financial fight to have life-saving surgery.

The French Canadian grappler, a huge name on the independent circuit, broke the news this morning on her 38th birthday.
SC

31 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Well that's that one gone as a unique possible March cup pick.

Dude.....it was in The Sun.  I mean c'mon.  But you are proving my point that people will refrain from posting on the threads cuz more worried about the Cup, which detracts from the website.
Anyway, I hope you are looking for something stronger than posts from The Sun for uniques.
SC

(Edit: Not to mention, she is nowhere near death.  Maybe come September.  Would be a poor March selection imho.)  

If The Sun is covering LuFisto that really opens the potential for deadpooling wrestling fans in the future.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Note for folks given the above: LuFisto (real name Genevieve Goulet) was one of the top female wrestlers last decade, when the womens wrestlers who could actually wrestle weren't getting much chances in the WWE, but there was a range of good "indie" companies (pretty much same as in music) producing good quality stuff. If British papers are looking into her now, then it hypothetically opens the door to lots of talented folk who should obit here but don't....

Or they've gone for her because she's a 38 year old woman with cancer. Time will tell. Obv I'd like her to beat it.

I'm all for more pro-wrestling coverage in the UK anyhow, given reason it wound up off ITV in the first place is because Greg Dyke thought it was "too working class" as an interest. Fuck Greg Dyke. There really is no start to his talents.