randomranter

The Dutch

-

16.5 million Dutch people wait anxiously to see which one of them is about to be dealt the Death card.

And the douze points goes to...Miep Gies, as reported in the thread bearing her name.

Annoyed. She almost made my DDP team, but at the last minute...ik ben een klootzak. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

After a long and agonising illness, but still unexpectedly, the Dutch government died last night.

With a bit of luck this'll be the last we hear of this dweeb:

_47339702_008763902-1.jpg

The next few months and polls will be interesting, with neo-fascist populist Wilders expected to take some 20% of the vote.

regards,

Hein

Rudy Kousbroek just died. That's sad, because he was on my to-do deathlist for next year (because i totally forgot to make one this year), and now it's too late...

Rudy Kousbroek just died. That's sad, because he was on my to-do deathlist for next year (because i totally forgot to make one this year), and now it's too late...
Could you provide a newsarticle?

I couldn't find an English language source, but here is a link to Dutch news site nu.nl.

While we're at it, another Dutch celeb carked it: Sugar Lee Hooper, remarkable mostly through her unusual hair style.

regards,

Hein

Dutch singer, actress and musical star Conny Stuart died on Sunday at 96.

It's a shame PNDP didn't have her on its list.

regards,

Hein

Dutch singer, actress and musical star Conny Stuart died on Sunday at 96.

It's a shame PNDP didn't have her on its list.

regards,

Hein

Considering her age, it really is a miss, I agree. But I must admit that her name didn't ring any bells here...

Dutch actor Ton van Duinhoven died today at 89. Apparently he'd been ill for years, but nobody at PNDP HQ noticed.

Here's an obit in Dutch, I'll keep an eye open for an English one.

regards,

Hein

Dutch judo champion and IOC-member Anton Geesink, in 1961 the first non-Japanese world champion and Olympic gold medal winner in Tokio (!) 1964, has died, aged 76.

(English obit coming up.)

Dutch judo champion and IOC-member Anton Geesink, in 1961 the first non-Japanese world champion and Olympic gold medal winner in Tokio (!) 1964, has died, aged 76.

One would expect that sources like the BBC would pick up this news story, but they don't. Radio Netherlands does.

It appears that Ton van Duinhoven was world famous in the Netherlands only. Oh well.

regards,

Hein

One would expect that sources like the BBC would pick up this news story, but they don't. Radio Netherlands does.

It appears that Ton van Duinhoven was world famous in the Netherlands only. Oh well.

regards,

Hein

At least the New York Times picked it up.

regards,

Hein

At least the New York Times picked it up.

As have the Guardian...

If people need ideas for entries the Dutch forum now has their own DL-like top 50 list.
27. Tanja Nijmeijer, FARC-rebel

m1dzxf9ap154.jpg

There are rumours in Colombian and Dutch media that she's been killed in action, in the same raid in which Mono Jojoy, a top Farc rebel leader, is reported to be killed.

regards,

Hein

If people need ideas for entries the Dutch forum now has their own DL-like top 50 list.

m1dzxf9ap154.jpg

There are rumours in Colombian and Dutch media that she's been killed in action, in the same raid in which Mono Jojoy, a top Farc rebel leader, is reported to be killed.

regards,

Hein

Could be a massive points bonanza for Vaagheid if:

1. She is dead

2. She gets an obit

m1dzxf9ap154.jpg

regards,

Hein

1. She is dead

2. She gets an obit

1. according to some Columbian sources it seems likely that she died

2. I fear she won't get the right obit, DDP-points or not i am still very proud that i predicted her death.

m1dzxf9ap154.jpg

regards,

Hein

1. She is dead

2. She gets an obit

2. I fear she won't get the right obit, DDP-points or not i am still very proud that i predicted her death.

Its the name of the game, bro...

I think she will get a UK write up. That's a cracking pick Vaggy, well done. :)

m1dzxf9ap154.jpg

1. She is dead

2. She gets an obit

Prepare yourself for a disappointment: the Colombian Defense Ministry reports a woman killed in the raid is not Ms Nijmeijer. I haven't found an English news source for that, but I'll keep my eyes open.

regards,

Hein

m1dzxf9ap154.jpg

1. She is dead

2. She gets an obit

Prepare yourself for a disappointment: the Colombian Defense Ministry reports a woman killed in the raid is not Ms Nijmeijer. I haven't found an English news source for that, but I'll keep my eyes open.

regards,

Hein

I am not completely suprised, the news articles were very vague on her "death".

Well, there are still three months before the year ends, who knows what the Columbian army can achieve in that time.

m1dzxf9ap154.jpg

1. She is dead

2. She gets an obit

regards,

Hein

Columbia has asked for the fingerprints and dental records of Tanja Nijmeijer.

Possibly the information is needed to establish the identity of rebels killed by the Colombian army attack on a FARC base last week, but the Dutch Foreign Ministry could not confirm this.

Dutchwoman Tanja Nijmeijer, who is 32, joined the Colombian guerrillas years ago. She may have been on the scene of last Thursday's attack which killed the notorious rebel commander, Mono Jojoy.

m1dzxf9ap154.jpg

1. She is dead

2. She gets an obit

regards,

Hein

Columbia has asked for the fingerprints and dental records of Tanja Nijmeijer.

Possibly the information is needed to establish the identity of rebels killed by the Colombian army attack on a FARC base last week, but the Dutch Foreign Ministry could not confirm this.

Dutchwoman Tanja Nijmeijer, who is 32, joined the Colombian guerrillas years ago. She may have been on the scene of last Thursday's attack which killed the notorious rebel commander, Mono Jojoy.

The first U.K. news sources are reporting her dead (sort of)

themaninblack, Do i get DDP-points for her, or must we wait for the real obituaries?

edit:

picture of her possible corpse

When the Dutch government confirm her death, then the points are yours...

Can't say i saw this one coming.

Dutch actor (and current Trending Topic on Twitter) Antonie Kamerling has commited suicide at age 44.

• Like 1