Lady Grendel

Ronnie James Dio

Guest Saucyjack

i can go to bed a happy man now. I have been waiting for this for a while. Havent slept for 3 months in case I missed it.

By the way, I stumbled upon this site by chance after typing "dead famous people". I was, of course, just trying to find really famous people. Imagine my horror when this site came up. I think it is an outrage that it has taken me so long to find, what probably is, the funniest site on the internet.

Do I win 5 pounds?

i can go to bed a happy man now. I have been waiting for this for a while. Havent slept for 3 months in case I missed it.

By the way, I stumbled upon this site by chance after typing "dead famous people". I was, of course, just trying to find really famous people. Imagine my horror when this site came up. I think it is an outrage that it has taken me so long to find, what probably is, the funniest site on the internet.

Do I win 5 pounds?

No.

RIP Ronnie. Rainbow rocks!

There's more claims on teh interwebs that this is a hoax than confirmations from newsfeeds that it is real

No sorry, he really is wormfood

http://www.ronniejamesdio.com/

Even Auntie has it, so that makes it official.

regards,

Hein

Hein you may not have noticed but with Dio dead the Dutch DL has a new hit.

It did indeed escape my attention.

Site updated to reflect Dio's death. Does anybody know some juicy gossip about Dio to enhace the write-up there?

regards,

Hein

Not exactly juicy gossip but he is credited with inventing the 'Devil horns' hand gesture much beloved of heavy metal audiences, that will outlive him by decades I would think.

Not exactly juicy gossip but he is credited with inventing the 'Devil horns' hand gesture much beloved of heavy metal audiences, that will outlive him by decades I would think.

\,,/(*_*) that one?

\,,/(*_*) that one?

The resemblance is remarkable:

media_l_2798657.jpg

regards,

Hein

\,,/(*_*) that one?

media_l_2798657.jpg

regards,

Hein

The thing that has always gotten me about the whole "Dio inventing the devil horns" thing is that gesture has been the hand signal of the University of Texas Longhorns since 1955.

\,,/(*_*) that one?

media_l_2798657.jpg

regards,

Hein

The thing that has always gotten me about the whole "Dio inventing the devil horns" thing is that gesture has been the hand signal of the University of Texas Longhorns since 1955.

Seems the Texas Longhorns and Mr. Dio are not the only ones laying claim to it :rolleyes: .

Hein you may not have noticed but with Dio dead the Dutch DL has a new hit.

It did indeed escape my attention.

Site updated to reflect Dio's death. Does anybody know some juicy gossip about Dio to enhace the write-up there?

regards,

Hein

I don't think that there is any - all the obits and memories suggest he was a decent man. Saw him once, at Donington '87 - started off taking the piss, but ended up admiring the way he worked a crowd that was waiting either for Metallica or Bon Jovi. A showman and a loss.

Shameless post to punt this into the current DL realm.

Threads and posts over a year old are archived under the new update and by accident I found this. I started this thread as a joke as RJD in early 2009 was perfectly healthy, sadly he wasn't 6 months later. A few months after that he died. I feel guilty, but he was part of my youth, oh so many years ago, he's still making me smile. RIP Ronnie.

Still can't work out links :banghead:

• Like 1