Death Watch Beatle

Rabbi Philip Berg

The leader of the Jewish faith followed by Madonna, Britney Spears, Roseanne Barr and Demi Moore has had a stroke which has put him in a wheelchair, is getting weaker by the day and is being reported and close to death.

Would be interesting to see if fellow DLers think he passes the Famousness Test.

DWB wink.png

Hmmm - a tough call - I'd be inclined to vote not famous enough - on the other hand I could believe he could get decent coverage in the British press when he goes - which is as close as DL gets to any guideline on famousness.

Sounds like we wont have long until we find out ;)

Good Reseach "Octopus of Oddstock". I've had him in my top 50 names section this year without even knowing where he lives. I had the impression he was a British Jew, but this link to Madge and pals was new to me also. With so many "fans" I'm sure he will gets lots of orbits but what dismays me is that the quotes about his health being very poor in 2004 look a bit wide of the mark if he is still living very well in California.

Not sure about the famousness test. He's kind of famous-by-association - i.e. all the silly celebs like Madonna who've got nothing better to do than follow a religion that's a load of old kabbalahs and wear a bit of red wool round their wrists.

With so many "fans" I'm sure he will gets lots of orbits
Does he intend to have his ashes shot in space? :D

regards,

Hein

With so many "fans" I'm sure he will gets lots of orbits
Does he intend to have his ashes shot in space? :pop:

regards,

Hein

It's all a game that our world plays - He won't even know he is in space if that is where they ship his ashes.

It's just some sort of entertainment that is done for the folks who are still alive.

Now how on earth did I miss this topic? Byt the way is Rabbi Berg still with us?

Now how on earth did I miss this topic? Byt the way is Rabbi Berg still with us?

Why yes, and not only still with us, but looking to be a good bet for the near future.

Why yes, and not only still with us, but looking to be a good bet for the near future.

Thank yio Paulie.....I will keep that in mind.

Rabbi Lionel Blue was on his usual 'Blue Monday' thought for the day slot yesterday. I swear he mentioned attending a hospice. Does anyone more acquainted with the man's life and works know more?

Nope.

Well, I've been diggin' Bruno. Can't post a link but I beat up several non-aggressive Radio Four types at work a couple of whom divulged that Rabbi Lionel has battled cancer. No details on his likely longevity mind. One to watch etc etc.

Well, I've been diggin' Bruno. Can't post a link but I beat up several non-aggressive Radio Four types at work a couple of whom divulged that Rabbi Lionel has battled cancer. No details on his likely longevity mind. One to watch etc etc.

Thanks for the uppingdate Maryport........

Rabbi Lionel Blue, 79, was on Radio 4's "Thought For The Day" slot this morning. He was bemoaning his poor health and said he's been in and out of hospital recently, he went on to wonder if he would reach his eightieth birthday and enjoy the extra 25p a week this would give him on his state pension.

Lionel Blue has a new book out and is doing interviews, so he's probably not doing so badly at the moment, despite going through...

two bouts of cancer and heart problems as well as battling with epilepsy and now Parkinson's

Philip Berg is also still going.