football_fan

Ideas And Possibilities For 2011

Former Los Angeles police Chief Daryl Gates, 83, who resigned in the wake of the Rodney King beating, is seriously ill.

Update - Diagnosis confirmed as bladder cancer which has spread to the bones. :skull:

Dead

Yes, thanks DDT, my first hit of my new year on Rotten.com's deadpool.

Carl Gardner, lead singer and founder of American vocal group The Coasters, has Alzheimer's disease.

So doubtless he's wandering around the care home giving it endless yakkety yakking!

Trey Parker and Matt Stone, creators of South Park, have upset the Halibuts again.

A member of Kiss is said to be seriously ill. I don't know which member or what's supposed to be wrong with him, hopefully we'll be informed at some point soon.

Don't worry. I generalise with all religious nutters. Not just the Halibuts. :D

A member of Kiss is said to be seriously ill. I don't know which member or what's supposed to be wrong with him, hopefully we'll be informed at some point soon.

Don't worry. I generalise with all religious nutters. Not just the Halibuts. B)

Er, I think Kiss are actually a Jewish group, not that they're very orthodox. Are you feeling OK Windsor? :D

Edit - I've just realised what you were on about and you had simply quoted the wrong post. I was massively confused for a minute!

South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker are being threatened by Halibuts for their portrayal of Muhammad. I hope they live, but this could be someone's unnatural causes hit...

Edited by Magere Hein
Post moved. See also http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=7393&view=findpost&p=147510

José Tomás, one of Spain's most famous matadors, has been "severely gored" by a bull and is in a critical condition. Some strange fashion choices evident in the photo at the top of the story...

José Tomás, one of Spain's most famous matadors, has been "severely gored" by a bull and is in a critical condition. Some strange fashion choices evident in the photo at the top of the story...

This doesn't seem very fair, why wasn't the bull granted the privilege of performing, wikipedia informs me, a tercio de muerte on the matador?

I was in Nimes a few years ago during the feria and, caught up in the atmosphere, came close to buying a ticket with all the other foolish tourists. I'm so glad my conscience won out.

Claims Direct...

This doesn't seem very fair, why wasn't the bull granted the privilege of performing, wikipedia informs me, a tercio de muerte on the matador?

Good question. I also think that if the bull manages to kill the the bullfighter, one of the matador's ears should be cut off and be given to the bull.

regards,

Hein

From that Guardian report; so the ear thing is not needed. I'm guessing he suffered a fair bit.

"They were calling for blood, which was deeply worrying," said eyewitness Luis Lozano. "The trail of blood between the spot where he was gored and the infirmary was frightening. I could see his father weeping."

The newspaper El País said Tomás's injury was so serious that the bullring doctors who first operated on him did not have time to anaesthetise him.

Dr Rudi Vis MP, 69, who will not be seeking re-election, has been diagnosed with incurable cancer. :rolleyes:

News reports suggest the misfiring car bomb in Times Square was directed at the offices of Viacom, parent company of South Park related projects.

Make images of The Prophet at your peril!

Lady Jakobovits, a big cheese in Britain's Jewry, is seriously ill.

(Actually, cancel that. She'd already been dead for three days when I made that post.)

Esteban “Steve” Jordan, the "Jimmy Hendrix of the accordian", still preforming despite a deadly diagnosis of liver cancer which has spread to his bones.

Esteban “Steve” Jordan, the "Jimmy Hendrix of the accordian", still preforming despite a deadly diagnosis of liver cancer which has spread to his bones.

Given that diagnosis what's he doing on this thread?

Ideas and possibilities for August might just about be fair for him.

... We'd have a better shot with (not a wrestler, so I won't go into it) finding declining health info on Manute Bol.

Good shout. Exceptionally tall (7' 7") former basketball player Manute Bol is very ill, suffering from kidney failure and Stevens-Johnson syndrome.