Monoclinic

Fantasy Football

Another point added.... we're cooking!

And dropping down the rankings? Pour quoi?

Now I am confused. Added a MASSIVE 10 points and have moved through the rankings to....... LAST! WTF!

Guest The Shadowy Figure

So, who's winning leading?

Well it's half time and before the update Mr S. Figure is not winning, or is he? Who knows who Shads is? Some say he's the ... [/end Jeremy Clarkson sonic boom]

So, "going forward" remember to ditch your cheese eating surrender monkeys and Tony Soprano spaghetti twisters and get in a few cheating Nazi-Argie war criminals in their place.

Not sure if transfers are rolled over so better to use them than to lose them. You've around half an hour!

Well it's half time and before the update Mr S. Figure is not winning, or is he? Who knows who Shads is? Some say he's the ... [/end Jeremy Clarkson sonic boom]

So, "going forward" remember to ditch your cheese eating surrender monkeys and Tony Soprano spaghetti twisters and get in a few cheating Nazi-Argie war criminals in their place.

Not sure if transfers are rolled over so better to use them than to lose them. You've around half an hour!

What, John Terry?

Guest Shads

Double points from now on. Interesting.

I've missed the fucking transfer thing. Bloody kids!

Oh no I haven't! Woohoo! Victory may be mine after all.......

For those who are into spectator fantasies, I thought I might give you a peek now we've played the 48 group stage matches. 15 more to go at double points, so don't despair honez and Josco my dears there is all to play for yet.

I can't quite place my finger on why I have chosen today for the show and tell ^_^

fftable.png

For those who are into spectator fantasies, I thought I might give you a peek now we've played the 48 group stage matches. 15 more to go at double points, so don't despair honez and Josco my dears there is all to play for yet.

I can't quite place my finger on why I have chosen today for the show and tell ^_^

fftable.png

I thought it was quite clever of me to nick Mono's user name for my team :P

fftable.png

I thought it was quite clever of me to nick Mono's user name for my team :P

No you didn't. I nicked it :P;)

Damn and blast, I'd forgotten about this comp. ^_^

Damn and blast, I'd forgotten about this comp. ^_^

You better make your changes ASAP. You still have Italians and French players in your team.

MESSAGE FROM HMNBAWA: DON'T FORGET YOU HAVE 15 TRANSFERS TO USE BEFORE NEXT SUNDAY

Well, as it comes down to the wire it's looking like Ronaldo vs Haroldo for the title, with that fucking gaucho the hot favourite, Forlan notwithstanding. Mono and Baggie aren't quite out of it either, of course.

Mono, you know you have to do the right thing and kick him out, we can't have a damn Yankee doing well in any saacker competition.

If not, since I have four Spaniards and only two Dutchmen, I'll have to sing Y Viva España (in a distinctly Sylvia Vrethammar way, Vinegar Tits).

As with any fantasy football contest, the key was to pay just enough, but not too much attention, and hope the good lucky breaks outnumber the bad ones.

Congratulations Cowboy Ronnie for your fantastic achievement. With a clear overall lead you have also been awarded the Golden Coffin for the most skillful fantasy football manager the Deathlist has ever seen. Only one previous owner.

1278944376974.jpg

For those of you interested to know where you came but can't be bothered to log in, here is the final table.

1278944443379.jpg

In the spirit of English football teams I must register my excuses. I didn't get past the first round knock-out stage before I was called to a far away place with only sheep for company and no internet. I understand the winner was an octopus. Well that's what the sheep said.

If I read the rules properly, I might have done better but top ten isn't too bad I suppose...

I DIDN'T win?

No, you didn't. I did.

Must say my lads did quite well for a first-time fantasy footy player. Excepting that I stuck-in Cashley and JT just when I had too much hope, I could well have added a shed load more points.

Well done CR for your win & Mono for the game.

I'm impressed. I did far better than I'd expected. If it wasn't for my uncanny knack of transferring players out just before they scored a shedload of points, I'd have done even better.

Well done Cowboy Ronnie.

Bring on Brazil 2014!

Do you recall at school when a footy (or in my case Rugby or Cricket) match was to be arranged; and there were two captains who took it in turns to select players? I was always the penultimate* player to be picked, just before the spotty oik with bottle bottom glasses.

Well I think that my team must have consisted of all of those, and not knowing the name of a single footballer (apart from some spud faced nipper called Mooney or Rooney or somesuch) I really was never in the running.

Did win £40 on Spain in the sweep though.

*(So much classier than Second To Last)

Do you recall at school when a footy (or in my case Rugby or Cricket) match was to be arranged; and there were two captains who took it in turns to select players? I was always the penultimate* player to be picked, just before the spotty oik with bottle bottom glasses.

Well I think that my team must have consisted of all of those, and not knowing the name of a single footballer (apart from some spud faced nipper called Mooney or Rooney or somesuch) I really was never in the running.

Penultimate? You lucky bastard. I was that spotty oik with bottle bottom glasses and remember it well. Some of the captains would rather go short than pick me. I'd have given anything to be second from last.

Penultimate? You lucky bastard. I was that spotty oik with bottle bottom glasses and remember it well. Some of the captains would rather go short than pick me. I'd have given anything to be second from last.

I was the Captain. It didn't matter who I picked, because I had me on my team. Obviously, we always won.