Monoclinic

Fantasy Football

Couple of minor adjustments, get shot of a Mexican and replace him with an Argie. Job done, bring it on. Ready for defeat number 1.

I too made a couple of adjustments upon reviewing my team. I noticed that I had TWO players from the Cameroons, and as I wanted a random sample of one player from each country, one of them had to go. Replaced with NZ player (Rory Fallon - who he?)

A whopping 17 of us now ready to face humiliation and defeat just like England.

Replaced with NZ player (Rory Fallon - who he?)

Plays for Plymouth Argyle apparently!

Daily Mail story

Plymouth Argyle.. wow! (who they?)

Replaced with NZ player (Rory Fallon - who he?)

Plays for Plymouth Argyle apparently!

Daily Mail story

Plymouth Argyle.. wow! (who they?)

[annoying-Paul-Whitehouse-style-West-Countryish-accent] Green Army [/annoying-Paul-Whitehouse-style-West-Countryish-accent]

I'm thinking about it. Couldn't do any worse than on Xpert 11.

How long do I have to decide?

Day

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

Better hurry

19 teams in (including one pending) another one required to make it an even number

Liquid Football are ready and waiting!

DWB :)

Interesting group of players, Mr Beatle.

^_^

Is that good interesting or bad interesting?

DWB ^_^

Good interesting :)

Team now unrecognisable since you last looked!

^_^

DWB ^_^

Looks a stronger team this time

:)

DWB ^_^

Ahh, so when you said it was "interesting good" you were lying in order to gain an advantage?

DWB ^_^

:)

DWB ^_^

Ahh, so when you said it was "interesting good" you were lying in order to gain an advantage?

DWB ^_^

Of course I was. All is fair in footie and war. ;) At least there are no dirty tricks in this league.

Now up to 21 teams. Not too sure who one or two are mind you.

5 seconds to go and I'm still pending. I hope that doesn't matter.

This thing is giving me ulcers. I decided to go all strategic (and copy Mono's team), then realised I'm away for the last two weeks so stuffed before I'm started. Too nervous to enjoy the bloody World Cup now. Not that it matters, of course. ^_^

A question: is there any facility for appointing a captain?

Another question: would Abbey Clancy be going out with Peter Crouch if he wasn't a professional footballer? Just wondered.

A letter sent to the Daily Mail

"Wouldn't it be great if TV coverage of the World Cup was limited to England's games, those of hosts South Africa and of the tournament's 'big guns'. Then we would be spared the ordeal of having to sit through a match between Bongo Bongoland and the Former Soviet Republic of Bulimia and other meaningless events."

Mike Phelps

Yeovil, Somerset

A spoof or real, I mean; it was sent to the Daily Mail.

5 seconds to go and I'm still pending. I hope that doesn't matter.

No it shouldn't, you are accepted now. So if you are not Eine et al who is?

Just leaves me to say one last thing...

COME ON URUGUAY

12 points and 172834th position overall.... Brilliant.

Can't hear a thing because of all those bloody vuvuzelas though.

This thing is giving me ulcers. I decided to go all strategic (and copy Mono's team), then realised I'm away for the last two weeks so stuffed before I'm started. Too nervous to enjoy the bloody World Cup now. Not that it matters, of course. :P

Another question: would Abbey Clancy be going out with Peter Crouch if he wasn't a professional footballer? Just wondered.

I understand that Mr Crouch, in reply to the question "What would be if you were not a professional footballer?" answered "A virgin."

This thing is giving me ulcers. I decided to go all strategic (and copy Mono's team), then realised I'm away for the last two weeks so stuffed before I'm started. Too nervous to enjoy the bloody World Cup now. Not that it matters, of course. :P

Interesting that the good looks of the WAGS seem to be in direct relation with the talent of the football team their husband or boyfriend plays for. Italian, Dutch, Spanish or German players are dating complete foxes, the Aussie and England players are with, by comparison, swamp donkeys.

Bugger. I just worked out what this comp is all about.

By the look of it, you pick your team to get some quick points, then maximise your transfers so you can get multiple (decent) players per round -- I see that some have swapped out (for example) Argentinian players who've amassed some points for German players who also got loads of points, thereby doubling the point accrual.

And there was I thinking you picked you teams and stuck with it, allowing transfers of players who aren't in the comp come the second round.

I'm showing my fantasy football naivety here.

By the look of it, you pick your team to get some quick points, then maximise your transfers so you can get multiple (decent) players per round -- I see that some have swapped out (for example) Argentinian players who've amassed some points for German players who also got loads of points, thereby doubling the point accrual.

And there was I thinking you picked you teams and stuck with it, allowing transfers of players who aren't in the comp come the second round.

I'm right with you :P

Me too. I didn't realise it was so complex. I have just gained two more points overnight so I've done something right, I think, maybe....

I never thought that after the first round some of (or ALL) my players would be ineligible to play. Bugger, I'll have almost renew my entire team. What would Fergie do? (The manager, not the Ginger Pig)

I too am a big fan of not reading the instructions. I made the assumption that transfers are only made between the rounds, as in after all the first matches are played. In fact I've got a work league with the Ronald McFantasy that I've been paying more attention too, along with my virtual panini album, which isn't very girly now is it.