Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

Crossposting Silvio Santos has finally died.

Allegedly the most famous man in Brazil. He reminded me of Silvio Berlusconi, a powerful media Mogul with right wing links, but his attempts at a political career failed. As Silvio B., he never accepted the natural process of aging, and his family was in full denial until he died.

Any thought, @diego? This is surely the death of the year in Brazil.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, drol said:

Crossposting Silvio Santos has finally died.

Allegedly the most famous man in Brazil. He reminded me of Silvio Berlusconi, a powerful media Mogul with right wing links, but his attempts at a political career failed. As Silvio B., he never accepted the natural process of aging, and his family was in full denial until he died.

Any thought, @diego? This is surely the death of the year in Brazil.

Thank you @drol for giving me this opportunity, my friend.
Silvio Santos was loved by everyone, even here in Brazil. He was a presenter who interacted with everyone without exception. He participated in jokes and wasn't afraid of embarrassing himself. He laughed at himself when things happened to him. Once, his pants fell down during a program, and as always, he was in a good mood laughing at the situation. He fell down trying to make jokes and laughed at himself, amusing everyone. His station didn't report on his death at first, while the others were on duty reporting it. I believe they weren't in a position to broadcast the news yet, and were showing cartoons while they waited for the emotion to pass a little. I had a lot of fun with his programs, with his good humor, his joy, his ability to make jokes to pass this joy on to everyone. It's impossible to watch any of his programs without forgetting about his problems and, at least in that moment, having a reason to smile. He even joked after his daughter was kidnapped, saying that his daughter gave him so much trouble that he almost asked the kidnappers to stay with her a little longer. 12 hours later, his house was invaded and he himself was held hostage. The state governor personally intervened and managed to get him released. It's also sad because he didn't have time to see the premiere of the film about his life, which will premiere on September 5th. I just hope it does justice to his rich story. I invite everyone to watch this film, to learn a little about his life. The story of this unforgettable character from our television, I don't know if it will be good, if it will be in keeping with his story, but I believe it will give us a chance to get to know him a little bit. He helped everyone on his show. I don't know how many people he helped financially on the shows. He would hand out money as if it were just anything, a chocolate, a little souvenir. I can say without fear of being wrong that he made a difference in the lives of at least 97% of Brazilians. This has been a difficult year for me due to the deaths of Brazilian people I admired and admired, such as Zagallo, Wilson Fittipaldi, Silvio Luiz, Antero Greco, and now Silvio Santos. I don't remember Silvio Santos ever having a long face or a bad mood, not even in the most difficult moments of his life.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

On 04/04/2022 at 19:33, Gisooo said:

Turkish

Aydemir Akbaş (Wiki) - born 1935

Iraq

Hammoudi Al-Harithi (Wiki) - born 1936

Aydemir Akbas dead at 88.

Hammoudi Al-Harithi also dead at 88.

• Like 3

https://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/66c1ce019a794779e0239816 I'm back to announce that Boris Bystrov, Russian actor and dubber mostly known for playing Aladdin in the Soviet adaptation of the stories and being our voice actor for Michael Caine, Master Oogway, Alastor Moody in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, Sheev in the 2010 original Star Wars trilogy dub and multiple Simpsons characters has died at 79

• Like 3

On 8/17/2024 at 12:06 PM, diego said:

Thank you @drol for giving me this opportunity, my friend.
Silvio Santos was loved by everyone, even here in Brazil. He was a presenter who interacted with everyone without exception. He participated in jokes and wasn't afraid of embarrassing himself. He laughed at himself when things happened to him. Once, his pants fell down during a program, and as always, he was in a good mood laughing at the situation. He fell down trying to make jokes and laughed at himself, amusing everyone. His station didn't report on his death at first, while the others were on duty reporting it. I believe they weren't in a position to broadcast the news yet, and were showing cartoons while they waited for the emotion to pass a little. I had a lot of fun with his programs, with his good humor, his joy, his ability to make jokes to pass this joy on to everyone. It's impossible to watch any of his programs without forgetting about his problems and, at least in that moment, having a reason to smile. He even joked after his daughter was kidnapped, saying that his daughter gave him so much trouble that he almost asked the kidnappers to stay with her a little longer. 12 hours later, his house was invaded and he himself was held hostage. The state governor personally intervened and managed to get him released. It's also sad because he didn't have time to see the premiere of the film about his life, which will premiere on September 5th. I just hope it does justice to his rich story. I invite everyone to watch this film, to learn a little about his life. The story of this unforgettable character from our television, I don't know if it will be good, if it will be in keeping with his story, but I believe it will give us a chance to get to know him a little bit. He helped everyone on his show. I don't know how many people he helped financially on the shows. He would hand out money as if it were just anything, a chocolate, a little souvenir. I can say without fear of being wrong that he made a difference in the lives of at least 97% of Brazilians. This has been a difficult year for me due to the deaths of Brazilian people I admired and admired, such as Zagallo, Wilson Fittipaldi, Silvio Luiz, Antero Greco, and now Silvio Santos. I don't remember Silvio Santos ever having a long face or a bad mood, not even in the most difficult moments of his life.

Today is the anniversary of the station he founded, 43 years old, it's a coincidence that he died just 2 days before this anniversary
For someone who started his life selling voter registration cards on the street, building what he built is not for everyone.

https://www.poder360.com.br/poder-midia/sbt-completa-43-anos-2-dias-depois-da-morte-de-silvio-santos/#:~:text=Emissora estreou em 19 de,na carreira de Silvio Santos&text=O SBT celebra 43 anos,dono%2C o apresentador Silvio Santos.

Iran

Ardeshir Kazemi (Wiki) - born 1920/1938

Zhaleh Olov (Wiki) - born 1927

Fakhri Khorvash (Wiki) - born 1929/1930

Hushang Harirchiyan (Wiki) - born 1932

Ali Nassirian (Wiki) - born 1935

Gitty Djamal (Wiki) - born 1936

Ismael Khalaj (Wiki) - born 1936

Zakaria Hashemi (Wiki) - born 1936

Behrouz Vossoughi (Wiki) - born 1938

Parviz Sayyad (Wiki) - born 1939

Soraya Qasemi (Wiki) - born 1940

Pouri Banayi (Wiki) - born 1940

Thailand

Mantana Morakul (Wiki) - born 1923

Chalong Pakdeevijit (Wiki) - born 1931

Charin Nantanakorn (Wiki) - born 1933

Sodsai Pantoomkomol (Wiki) - born 1934

Amara Asavananda (Wiki) - born 1937

Iranian veteran actor and comedian Hushang Harirchiyan (Wikidead at 92

image.thumb.png.187331c9ba01c455c520125541e1b984.png

Thai singer and actor Charin Nantanakorn (Wikidead at 91

China

Qin Yi (Wiki) - born 1922

Wei Wei (Wiki) - born 1922

Lu-Bih Yun (Wiki) - born 1922

Shiou Yun Chang (Wiki) - born 1923

Yim Fun Fong (Wiki) - born 1926

Tian Hua (Wiki) - born 1928

Bak Sheut-sin (Wiki) - born 1928

Gu Mei (Wiki) - born 1929

Chinese actress Shiou Yun Chang (Wikidead at 101

image.png.ac2276ebb3e8c168b1430226084b670b.png

• Like 1

Frederik (79), Finnish schlager, pop and disco singer and "King of redneckdisco" cancels tour and apparently all upcoming concerts.

He has during the last year broken his knee, arm, severed his eye in a tennis accident and caught severe pneumonia leading to a multiple week hospitalisation in the States, and also has suffered from heart problems for a while.

I'll miss him a bit when he goes, he's "macho" to a comic extent and now seems a relic of a bygone era. He has probably hundreds or thousands of illegitimate children and has accidentally hit on atleast one of them, still regularly has had sex with women backstage in recent years and his autobiography was full of all kinds of sex stories.

Czech actress Jana Prachařová, died August 15 2024, aged 86

hhttps://www.imdb.com/name/nm0694908/

ttps://www.csfd.sk/tvorca/39574-jana-pracharova/prehlad/

Wojciech Paszkowski, a Polish actor whose career in his native country spanned more than 35 years, covering live action and voice over work, has died. He was 64. Among the voices Paszkowski dubbed in Polish were select ones for the Muppets and Sesame Street.

https://polskieradio24.pl/artykul/3417234,nie-zyje-wojciech-paszkowski-legenda-polskiego-dubbingu

(Polish language obit.)

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Wojciech_Paszkowski

Brazilian singer Preta Gil suffering from metastatic colon cancer .

Brazilian singer Tom Zé, 87, hospitalised for "a cold" and "routine check-ups".

You know, it's the same things that killed Silvio Santos.

• Like 2

Rena Rolska (Wiki) - born 1932

Barbara Nawratowicz (Wiki) - born 1932

Ryszard Pracz (Wiki) - born 1932

Wanda Majerówna (Wiki) - born 1932

Polish actress and singer Rena Rolska (Wikidead at 92

image.png.89a4c13ea543e7c07507f391d021d7f0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Serbian rock musician Bora Dordevic hospitalised on life support and prognosis is reportedly poor.

• Like 1

Turkish actress Ahu Tuğba (Wikidead at 69, in Miami, Florida

She has been battling advanced stage asthma for a while, plus she had undergone surgery recently due to a traffic accident she had

image.thumb.png.b270fc7a8036b0549fa73f9034243f51.png

• Sad 1

On 27/08/2024 at 21:34, drol said:

Serbian rock musician Bora Dordevic hospitalised on life support and prognosis is reportedly poor.

Bora Dordevic dead at 71.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2024 at 9:31 PM, chel said:

Soviet bards:

Vladimir Turiyansky 21.08.1935 -

Vladimir Turiyansky 21.08.1935 - 02.09.2024

• Like 2

Laurent Tirard was a French director who died at the age of 57, I watched two of his films and really liked them, Little Nicholas and Nicholas on Holiday, they are children's films, but fun, light and with simple jokes, but funny and efficient. due to cancer in 2012, he underwent a bone marrow transplant that led to graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) having “attacked his skin, lungs, liver, intestines”, he confided in 2020

https://www.lemonde.fr/culture/article/2024/09/05/le-realisateur-laurent-tirard-est-mort-a-l-age-de-57-ans_6304803_3246.html

Laurent Tirard no Sunset Marquis Hotel, em Los Angeles (Califórnia), 11 de abril de 2016.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dora Santacreu (Wiki) - born 1930

Perla Cristal (Wiki) - born 1931

Hilda Breer (Wiki) -  born 1931

Pablo Moret (Wiki) - born 1933

Marta Ecco (Wiki) - born 1933

Elisa Stella (Wiki) - born 1933

Jorge Rivera Lopez (Wiki) - born 1934

Argetine actor Jorge Rivera López (Wikidead at 94

image.png.48b7be2d2f35a1ac300f557ff4abdcd2.png

On 14/09/2018 at 10:50, CaptainChorizo said:

A lot of the bigger names of Brazlian music in the 20th century are getting upin years( mid 70's and 80's).Outside of  Joao Gilberto, none of these people are in immediate danger.Definitely  all  Obitable though and names to keep an eye out for in the next few years.

Joao Gilberto

Elza Soares
Gilberto Gil
Sergio Mendes
Caetano Veloso
Milton Nascimento
Gal Costa
Erasmos Carlos
Roberto Carlos
Astrud Gilberto
Beth Carvahlo
Jorge Ben

Sergio Mendes reportedly dead: https://www.tmz.com/2024/09/06/brazilian-musician-sergio-mendes-dead/

DDP pick.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 3

Sorry, but I prefer the original version.....

And if you want to know where Simply Red got the inspiration for Fairground from... This track.

Truly a legend gone.